County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

He didn't threaten him. He got annoyed at a dumb question asked after one of the Dublin games about players being released from the panel for club hurling which was a bit of a thorny issue locally.

It's a long way from personally abusing someone via internet or mailing them. What psycho actually does that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mrdeeds

Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2022, 07:05:17 AM
He didn't threaten him. He got annoyed at a dumb question asked after one of the Dublin games about players being released from the panel for club hurling which was a bit of a thorny issue locally.

It's a long way from personally abusing someone via internet or mailing them. What psycho actually does that.

He told the journalist he'd take the head of him. That's not a threat? Also he was very dismissive of LMFM journalists too.

Hound

Interview with Andy McEntee on Newstalk, now up on their podcasts.

Mostly bad news re certain performances, certain unnamed county board officials and nasty letters received, but a nice moment towards the end when he was talking about Meath supporters.

Rossfan

Update
I think it's currently  Antrim, Meath, Monaghan and Mayowestros vacant.
Ros, Donegal, Offaly and possibly Clare to join them???
Rumours here AC has no intention of stepping down and no whispers of player unrest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

the goal was on

Banty got a new 4 year deal with 1 year extension on the table. Currently mulling it over with his back room team . Said it may take a few months before he gets to speak to all 40 of them but he reckons he's got unfinished business!

An Fhairche Abu

Blowitupref

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 27, 2022, 05:30:16 PM
James Horan gone from Mayo.

He has once again left a rebuilt panel behind for the next manager to take over not the same talent and leadership as was left behind in 2014 however.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Schkite

Surprised Banty walked to be honest, but I'm not displeased at that

The Subbie

Likewise Schkite
Didn't think he would fall on his sword but am delighted he has
Next appointment needs to be realistic for Monaghan- someone prepared to go back to go forward
Not a media hoor that's a fist pumping , empty the tank , stonewall penalty merchant but a proper strategic thinker who can make the most of the hand he's got

I wonder who has got in the Bantys ear ????

yellowcard

I think that could be the start of a slippery slope for Monaghan now, they could be facing several player retirements soon also with an ageing side. They had some run of it given where they began from first under Banty and then O'Rourke and Banty again. I'd say the biggest regret they will have is not getting to an AI final particularly that year against Tyrone in 2018. They were never going to beat the Dubs but they could have got to a final.   

seafoid

Quote from: Schkite on June 29, 2022, 01:55:46 PM
Banty hit the wall this year. He couldn't bring Monaghan any further.
It is the same thing in Mayo. New thinking required.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Sleater

Quote from: yellowcard on June 29, 2022, 02:01:00 PM
I think that could be the start of a slippery slope for Monaghan now, they could be facing several player retirements soon also with an ageing side. They had some run of it given where they began from first under Banty and then O'Rourke and Banty again. I'd say the biggest regret they will have is not getting to an AI final particularly that year against Tyrone in 2018. They were never going to beat the Dubs but they could have got to a final.

I thought Banty would be a shoe-in for another term, not that I would have agreed with that so yeah it's a major surprise he walked. Banty is a Proud Monaghan man but he never convinced in terms of tactics and motivating the team. Darren Hughes and Conor McManus have already gone on record this year in 2 separate podcasts that they will be back for 2023. Nevertheless 8 players from current squad are 32 or older and there is going to be a considerable void to be filled when they leave over the next 2 years. I would expect at least 4 retirements this year, maybe more. So the timing is right for a new manager to come in and build the team in their image. I firmly believe that the talent is there and very encouraged by the young players that have been coming through under age ranks in the past few years. It was disheartening that they were not being given the trust to build on. It would be no surprise if Monaghan drop down a division and rebuild from there.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2022, 03:24:57 PM

Add Donegal to that, but no word of anything yet.

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on June 29, 2022, 04:15:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2022, 03:24:57 PM

Add Donegal to that, but no word of anything yet.

So Antrim and Monaghan are definites for a new manager. Probables are Down and Donegal but still no word from either county. Tyrone is the other one where it wouldn't really surprise me if they step down.