?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2023, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 05, 2023, 12:05:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 04, 2023, 10:53:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2023, 06:12:08 PM
If Ange goes Kyogo will surely follow on a hefty fee. He'd thrive in the EPL.

Yeah sure he would ... I remember everyone saying how Tierney was going to be a top EPL player and he's only a sub!

Spurs taking a big chance with Ange not many managers coming from Scotland can cut it down South... have any really since Fergie?? Does Rodgers' FA cup count?

While the lure of a big club and the money it brings seems appealing the history of these appointments would tell you lads are better off staying in Scotland!
Yeah sure  who were that everybody? most Celtic fans knew that Tierney was an excellent player but injury prone (as in glass knee) and at Arsenal so it proved to be, 2 major injuries.
but when fit  a top player for club and country.
I suppose VvD should have stayed on in the SPL  and played out his career for a pittance, jayse Screenexile  for a smart lad you do write some dross and staunch pro- English dross at that  ;D
Are you really from the same town that produced the legendary Lynchbhoy?

I'm not pro English in the slightest I don't even support a PL team the green tinted glasses about how class Celtic are and how good Scottish football is just doesn't make sense to me. VVD left Celtic 8 years ago and the standard has been on the wane since.

Also you'd have to ask questions about the Celtic board that they didn't give him a long term contract he can't be blamed if another team comes along to offer him more money.

I think we'll both agree lynchbhoy is the man. I haven't seen him this long time maybe 15 years or more but maybe with Derry going better now we might cross paths again!
Is there anybody blaming Ange for moving to the EPL, I don't think so, maybe the recent state of affairs at Spurs with  two (or three)  good managers come and gone. Perhaps Celtic should have offered Ange a long term contract after the first season or perhaps Ange  just wanted a rolling contract, even if he had a long contract there would have been an exit clause with terms.

You questioned Tierney's ability to hack it at Arsenal as an example, not a good example as he was badly injured even as he was transferred  and twice after.  VVD had played in a worse Celtic squad.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on June 05, 2023, 02:29:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2023, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 05, 2023, 12:05:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 04, 2023, 10:53:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2023, 06:12:08 PM
If Ange goes Kyogo will surely follow on a hefty fee. He'd thrive in the EPL.

Yeah sure he would ... I remember everyone saying how Tierney was going to be a top EPL player and he's only a sub!

Spurs taking a big chance with Ange not many managers coming from Scotland can cut it down South... have any really since Fergie?? Does Rodgers' FA cup count?

While the lure of a big club and the money it brings seems appealing the history of these appointments would tell you lads are better off staying in Scotland!
Yeah sure  who were that everybody? most Celtic fans knew that Tierney was an excellent player but injury prone (as in glass knee) and at Arsenal so it proved to be, 2 major injuries.
but when fit  a top player for club and country.
I suppose VvD should have stayed on in the SPL  and played out his career for a pittance, jayse Screenexile  for a smart lad you do write some dross and staunch pro- English dross at that  ;D
Are you really from the same town that produced the legendary Lynchbhoy?

I'm not pro English in the slightest I don't even support a PL team the green tinted glasses about how class Celtic are and how good Scottish football is just doesn't make sense to me. VVD left Celtic 8 years ago and the standard has been on the wane since.

Also you'd have to ask questions about the Celtic board that they didn't give him a long term contract he can't be blamed if another team comes along to offer him more money.

I think we'll both agree lynchbhoy is the man. I haven't seen him this long time maybe 15 years or more but maybe with Derry going better now we might cross paths again!
Is there anybody blaming Ange for moving to the EPL, I don't think so, maybe the recent state of affairs at Spurs with  two (or three)  good managers come and gone. Perhaps Celtic should have offered Ange a long term contract after the first season or perhaps Ange  just wanted a rolling contract, even if he had a long contract there would have been an exit clause with terms.

You questioned Tierney's ability to hack it at Arsenal as an example, not a good example as he was badly injured even as he was transferred  and twice after.  VVD had played in a worse Celtic squad.

When Tierney was playing and got a good run at it injury free he was playing brilliant for Arsenal. There was even talk about him getting the captain's armband.

seafoid

Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 11:08:27 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 10:41:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2023, 10:38:34 AM
If they got into the english leagues then I think over time they might be close to winning the premier league given a wee bit of time. The problem is now they can't compete financially due to the TV money. The european money helps massively but is not always guaranteed.

Not a chance unless it was Arab money they were getting.

What has other teams in the premier league have over Celtic? (obviously excluding the monetary advantage)

Celtic are as big as any of them. But look at the likes of Man City! Pure shite and then the Arab money has turned them into a machine.

Completely agree... same as Newcastle.

I'm saying if Celtic were put on the same level playing field financially as the rest of the Premier League, they would avoid relegation with ease.
It's all about the capacity to generate money.
Celtic is a big fish in a small pond. The market value of players is €118m
https://www.transfermarkt.com/celtic-glasgow/startseite/verein/371/saison_id/2022

the market value of Everton is €352m
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-everton/startseite/verein/29
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Rangers must be celebrating this evening.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

marty34

Disappointed that he's going.  I thought he'd stay another year for a run at the Champion's League.  He failed miserably in it so I thought he'd want a good run at it this season. It's all good saying 'we don't stop' but he needs to understand how his team can defend properly.

Hard to know how he'll do at Spurs. Will he get a budget or be allowed to pick his transfer targets?  Could go either way.  Spurs, at least are not in Europe, can build this incoming season without the pressure of Europe, which may help Ange in a way.

Still, the behind scenes at Spurs would definately be an issue.

bennydorano

Buy in from the Spurs players will be his biggest issue, if they give him a chance he'll succeed. A squad of pampered millionaires mightn't buy his folksy working man approach. As I said previously I think Everton would be a more suitable club for him. Just an opinion.

bannside

Probably safe to say that his knowledge of the Japanese Market played a huge role in Anges success at Celtic, and whilst those players could make a real impact in Scotland, they wouldn't have any impact in EPL where every player is rated £10m plus.

Ange will do well to complete 1 year at Spurs and will make a shed load of money when Spurs release him early....and then Celtic stint two is always an option. Ange playing his own cards well, who really could blame him.

seafoid

Quote from: bannside on June 06, 2023, 07:50:46 AM
Probably safe to say that his knowledge of the Japanese Market played a huge role in Anges success at Celtic, and whilst those players could make a real impact in Scotland, they wouldn't have any impact in EPL where every player is rated £10m plus.

Ange will do well to complete 1 year at Spurs and will make a shed load of money when Spurs release him early....and then Celtic stint two is always an option. Ange playing his own cards well, who really could blame him.
It looks a bit iike Pat Lam laeving Connacht to go to Bristol. Ange is 57.

Orior

So when is the return of Lennon being announced?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

statto

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 10:41:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2023, 10:38:34 AM
If they got into the english leagues then I think over time they might be close to winning the premier league given a wee bit of time. The problem is now they can't compete financially due to the TV money. The european money helps massively but is not always guaranteed.

Not a chance unless it was Arab money they were getting.

What has other teams in the premier league have over Celtic? (obviously excluding the monetary advantage)

Celtic are as big as any of them. But look at the likes of Man City! Pure shite and then the Arab money has turned them into a machine.
Celtic are as a big a club as Man utd and Liverpool?  Both tradition in Europe and followed globally.  There is generally no interest in Celtic outside Scotland and Ireland.  They haven't been competitive in europe in a long time either. 

straightred

Quote from: Orior on June 06, 2023, 09:15:41 AM
So when is the return of Lennon being announced?
That's not funny !

trailer

bennydorano

4 year contract for Spurs, that is a statement itself. Celtic's penny pinching love of short-term or rolling manager contracts backfires shocker.

We find ourselves in the mire pretty quickly, unless there's a succession plan in place for Kennedy. Ange a big fan of his.

rrhf

Rogers is the man surely. Unfinished business.