55 - 34 - 27 = 116
53 - 41 - 21 = 114

54 - 33 - 27 = 114
42 - 35 - 14 = 91
It's like Galway and Mayo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Coddfather

Quote from: Snapchap on June 05, 2023, 09:36:59 AM
What sort of kicks do some lads get from coming to the Celtic thread (or any thread) to talk about how disinterested they are in it? Honestly don't get it. Is it for the attention?

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 08:55:51 AM
New manager needed. A dead rat could manage them in fairness. 40 years next year since any team other than Celtic or Rangers has won the Scottish league. It's dead. Finished.

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2023, 09:54:20 AM
Some climbdown for Spurs and Levy if this is the managerial pool they are fishing in now.

Pochettino, Mourinho, Conte.... Postecoglou

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2023, 11:10:23 AM
He'll need to be if he takes the Spurs job. He'll have more than one team to compete against.

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2023, 08:12:44 PM
The most pointless league ever. Celtic to good for it but shite in Europe. Surely fans can't be happy with that?

Quote from: trailer on May 09, 2023, 10:03:16 AM
The idea that this is even a competitive league is ridiculous. What is the point in even celebrating these league titles?

You don't understand the calibre of loser you are dealing with here...

He has very little to be at.

bennydorano

If Ange goes, who are the likely replacements? Does Kennedy make it onto the consideration list (if he is even interested). I see Brendan Rodgers name popping up on twitter, I've no doubt he'd be a success again, but think that bridge has been burnt.

BrotherMore6592

It is a joke of a league though in fairness

I get it - they can only beat what's in front of them . But apart from die hards and actual Scottish fans who watches the Scottish league from week to week? It's awful.

I stand by the point that I think Celtic and rangers would probably get relegated from the English championship after a season.

It's a shame because some big players did become drawn to Celtic / rangers over the years but that seems to have waned now.

Snapchap

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 05, 2023, 10:25:35 AM

I get it - they can only beat what's in front of them . But apart from die hards and actual Scottish fans who watches the Scottish league from week to week? It's awful.

I stand by the point that I think Celtic and rangers would probably get relegated from the English championship after a season.

It's a shame because some big players did become drawn to Celtic / rangers over the years but that seems to have waned now.

Not a question of whether the league is rubbish or not. My curiosity is what brings someone onto a thread to do nothing except harp on about how uninterested they are in it.

The Coddfather

Would they get the 100m+ that promoted clubs get in pre season? Would they get the money for TV rights?

Celtic currently get 3.5 Million for winning the league, 5 million including TV rights.

PL teams get 84 million just from TV rights regardless who you are for just being in the premier league.

Celtic are a massive club with a huge fanbase, they could easily attract players to finish comfortable mid table in the PREMIER LEAGUE with the money to spend. Getting into Europe would be a massive issue though.

Applesisapples

The stage is set for the return of Neil Lennon...unfinished business!

imtommygunn

If they got into the english leagues then I think over time they might be close to winning the premier league given a wee bit of time. The problem is now they can't compete financially due to the TV money. The european money helps massively but is not always guaranteed.

JimStynes

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2023, 10:38:34 AM
If they got into the english leagues then I think over time they might be close to winning the premier league given a wee bit of time. The problem is now they can't compete financially due to the TV money. The european money helps massively but is not always guaranteed.

Not a chance unless it was Arab money they were getting.

The Coddfather

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 10:41:10 AM

What has other teams in the premier league have over Celtic? (obviously excluding the monetary advantage)

trailer

Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 10:35:12 AM

Would they get the 100m+ that promoted clubs get in pre season? Would they get the money for TV rights?

Celtic currently get 3.5 Million for winning the league, 5 million including TV rights.

PL teams get 84 million just from TV rights regardless who you are for just being in the premier league.

Celtic are a massive club with a huge fanbase, they could easily attract players to finish comfortable mid table in the PREMIER LEAGUE with the money to spend. Getting into Europe would be a massive issue though.

In Scotland and Ireland.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 10:52:45 AM

What has other teams in the premier league have over Celtic? (obviously excluding the monetary advantage)

Celtic are as big as any of them. But look at the likes of Man City! Pure shite and then the Arab money has turned them into a machine.

The Coddfather

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 11:03:20 AM

Celtic are as big as any of them. But look at the likes of Man City! Pure shite and then the Arab money has turned them into a machine.

Completely agree... same as Newcastle.

I'm saying if Celtic were put on the same level playing field financially as the rest of the Premier League, they would avoid relegation with ease.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 11:08:27 AM

I'm saying if Celtic were put on the same level playing field financially as the rest of the Premier League, they would avoid relegation with ease.

I think they would avoid relegation with the team they have now. But would need 100s of millions to get anywhere near Europe nevermind win something!

The Coddfather

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2023, 11:19:42 AM
Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 11:08:27 AM

I think they would avoid relegation with the team they have now. But would need 100s of millions to get anywhere near Europe nevermind win something!

I think they would get relegated with their current squad however to be honest.

Once the money starts rolling in though they would be pushing for top 6.