Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Solo_run on June 25, 2018, 11:57:52 PM
Could not give a hoot if HQ have maintenance costs.

The rules of the qualifiers are clearly stated - Kildare are to have home advantage. Less than 24hrs from being given home advantage GAA turn around and try to take it away from them! There are no specified minimum number of fans that have to attend games so they should be allowed to play at home.

I don't like the idea that 4 out of the 8 teams in the draw get the advantage of playing a game at Croke Park. If Croke Park wanted the extra money then they should have thought about this beforehand.

The local communities in Cavan and Kildare will be losing out from the game moving.

Fair play to Kildare for sticking to their guns. It's doesnt sound like Kildare are going to back peddle in this and rightly so.

Good Post!

Syferus

I see Willie Joe is making an embarrassment of himself as usual on MayoGAABlog.

Jinxy

Quote from: Jayop on June 25, 2018, 11:59:48 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 25, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
Im fully behind Kildare here btw but Im finding this is great entertainment altogether.... when was the last DNF at county level.

The list of people to blame is hilarious

Sky
The Dubs
The suits

who else can we blame for it that I dont like...?

Brexit?
Isrealis?
Derry?

I'm surprised that Tyrone haven't been blamed saying as apparently every time there's something controversial in the GAA Tyrone seem to be blamed.

I blame them a bit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sid waddell

Im fully behind Kildare here btw but Im finding this is great entertainment altogether.... when was the last DNF at county level.

Tipperary against Fermanagh in 2004, I'd say.

Ball Hopper

Before HQ take it down...

http://www.gaa.ie/news-archive/news/all-ireland-sfc-round-3-qualifier-draw-takes-place-on-monday/

Brand

Fixtures & Results
    GAA NOW
    Tickets
    News
    Features

The GAA
    My GAA

News
The draw for Round 3 of the All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers will be broadcast live on Morning Ireland on RTE Radio 1 just after 8.30am next Monday.
2014 Championship Draws
All-Ireland SFC Round 3 Qualifier draw
Friday 22 June 2018

The Round 3 qualifier draw of the 2018 All-Ireland senior football championship will take place next Monday morning.

It will be broadcast live on Morning Ireland on RTE Radio 1 just after 8.30am and also carried live on gaa.ie

The Round 3 draw involves all the winners from Round 2 draw against each other.

The first team drawn will have home advantage - exception: a Division 3 or 4 team from the current year's Allianz league drawn against a Div 1 or 2 team will have home advantage.

The draw is subject to avoidance of repeat pairings, where feasible. Possible Repeat Pairings include Monaghan v Tyrone, Tipperary v Waterford, Carlow v Kildare, Carlow v Louth.

The match venues and times will be confirmed by the CCCC on Monday afternoon with the fixtures scheduled for weekend of June 30th & July 1st. All matches will be required to finish on the day under the new Championship protocols.

Teams Involved:

* Tipperary/Mayo

* Waterford/Monaghan

* Cavan/Down

* Carlow/Tyrone

* Offaly/Clare

* Longford/Kildare

* Sligo/Armagh

* Leitrim/Louth

Tá tuilleadh eolais ag Alan MacMaoldúin, Stiúrthóir Cumarsáide 01 83

mayoman dan

Fair play to Kildare. There 100% right to try and keep there home advantage.If Newbridge can accomodate both sets of season ticket holders then Newbridge it should be.They earned it the rules are the rules.Croke park HQ are to blame for this fiasco.Using the excuse of Mayo fans that might not get a ticket is pathetic they didnt give a shite about us when we were sent packing to Limerick.A statement from the Mayo co board to support Kildare would be nice but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

highorlow

Christy Moore is penning a song about this I reckon.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:11:13 AM
Fair play to Kildare. There 100% right to try and keep there home advantage.If Newbridge can accomodate both sets of season ticket holders then Newbridge it should be.They earned it the rules are the rules.Croke park HQ are to blame for this fiasco.Using the excuse of Mayo fans that might not get a ticket is pathetic they didnt give a shite about us when we were sent packing to Limerick.A statement from the Mayo co board to support Kildare would be nice but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

It's a very bad look for Mayo to remain silent on this.

mayoman dan

Quote from: highorlow on June 26, 2018, 12:12:34 AM

Im an ordinary fan nothing special nothing grand 8)

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:04:26 AM

The list of people to blame is hilarious

Sky
The Dubs
The suits

who else can we blame for it that I dont like...?

Brexit?
Isrealis?
Derry?

I'm surprised that Tyrone haven't been blamed saying as apparently every time there's something controversial in the GAA Tyrone seem to be blamed.

I blame them a bit.

Looks like your lot could be next in cross hairs of the torch wielders thanks to the Bernard the Brows

mayoman dan

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:11:13 AM

It's a very bad look for Mayo to remain silent on this.

What would you suggest??? Our county board are gobshites

omaghjoe

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:14:07 AM

I could never to Croke Park no matter how I wanted to

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Sean Cavanagh
‏ @SeanCavanagh14
2h2 hours ago

Playing Kildare in Rd 3 of the 2013 qualifiers in Newbridge was one of the most competitive games of my career. I truly believe common sense will prevail here. Hopefully sooner than later.

Fair play to him. Ciaran Whelan on the other hand is tweeting about socks and clothes.

AZOffaly

#NewbridgeOrNowhere

Fair play to the horsey lads.

mayoman dan

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 26, 2018, 12:16:39 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:14:07 AM

I could never to Croke Park no matter how I wanted to

;D ;D good one