American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

that "injury" was a bit dubious if you ask me

rory

mc_grens

Anyone up for a NFL fantasy league on NFL.com for 2008?

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rory

Phew, talk about throwing away a lead.  The Celtics nearly blew it last night, but got that all important win.  Now if they can win one in LA, it will give them 2 chances to wrap it up at home.

heganboy

mc_grens

there has been a yahoo league on the board now for the last 3/4 years. If you're suggesting this one in addition to the other then I'm up for it, but you're a little bit early...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mc_grens

I just wanted to find out if anyone was up for one. If its OK and there's room I'll join the Yahoo one when the time comes.

blast05

Quotefcek dont have channel 5, any other station have it?

nba.com are showing the finals live in a small few backwards little countries where no TV network is covering the games - like Angola, Turkmenistan, Liberia  ..... oh and Ireland. The game can be watched in full for up to 24 hours after.

magickingdom

Quote from: blast05 on June 10, 2008, 12:34:50 PM
Quotefcek dont have channel 5, any other station have it?

nba.com are showing the finals live in a small few backwards little countries where no TV network is covering the games - like Angola, Turkmenistan, Liberia  ..... oh and Ireland. The game can be watched in full for up to 24 hours after.

ha ha saw that alright! fair play to the nba tho..

thejuice

yeah, hardly surprised Strahan has retired, I guess you cant quit at a better time than after the Superbowl and after giving on of your best perfomances in that game. He finished with over 140 sacks which is really impressive. one of my favourite players in the league. Great character. He'll have a spot on TV if he wants it. Was watching Total Access tonight and they had highlights from himself an Warren Sapp's piece. Sapp criticised Strahan when he broke the single season record because Brett Favre supposedly gave it to him buy calling a roll-out in the 4th qtr with less than 2mins on the clock and up by 17points.
Funnily enough Favre, Sapp and Strahan may all be inducted in the Hall of Fame together in 2013.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

wherefromreferee?

I see the Lakers pulled one back.  According to reports, Kobe was on fire.  Boston still 2 - 1 up.
In your Endo!

rory

What a come back by the Celts last night.  Was ready to turn off after the first quarter, but they really turned it around.  Looks like number 17 is in the bag.

wherefromreferee?

Unreal, they were down 24 at one stage.  Classic stuff.  The last 3 games between the 2 teams have ended in 6point victories.
In your Endo!

magickingdom

what about them celtics! can they do it tonight....