Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on March 15, 2024, 08:53:22 AMWill Armagh expect their biggest crowd for this years league for tomorrow's evenings game?. Maybe Sat @5 will not suit a lot of people...not sure, it also gives a wet day too so hard to know but i'd imagine there'll be at least 10k there.
My biggest concern about the game is the wet slippery pitch and this could well play into Cavan's hands who look to be the bigger more physical team. It will be more slippery than heavy as the AG pitch is usually in good condition and plays quite hard rather than on the soft side which is good.

Prediction time...

Meath v Cork (Meath by 3pts)
Louth v Fermanagh (Draw)
Armagh v Cavan (Armagh by 2pts)
Kildare v Donegal (Donegal by 5pts)

I wouldnt consider Cavan to be a bigger team than Armagh anymore, there wouldnt be a lot in it that way. The bottom line is that I think both teams would match up fairly well in backs and midfield but you would have to say Armagh should have a significant advantage in the forward section with a number of lads that can score. Cavan have not so far really shown that we have a potent attack bar Paddy Lynch. We have 3/4 other inside forwards which we have been rotating through and none of them have done enough to be considered nailed on starters. Darragh McVetty is the other lad we could play in there but disappointingly he is not named in the squad so must not be over his injury. I think Armagh have to be strong favourites for this game.

J70

The reporting after our game with Cavan was that Donegal struggled with Cavan's physicality. Which overall was good from our point of view - we've wilted many times over the years in a physical battle.

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on March 15, 2024, 01:48:31 PMThe reporting after our game with Cavan was that Donegal struggled with Cavan's physicality. Which overall was good from our point of view - we've wilted many times over the years in a physical battle.

As someone who was at the game I would say you struggled trying to be cute hoors lying on the ground feigning injury for the last 10 minutes. It worked too as the ref that day called for I think it was 5 minutes of injury time and despite the ball being in play less than half of that time, he blew it up on the button.

5times5times

And the irony of McGuinness crying about cynical fouling. W****r

armaghniac

Anyone planning to loiter in Armagh after the game tomorrow might read this

https://www.paradescommission.org/viewparade.aspx?id=85642
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Watch where you're parking tomorrow Cavan men. Those Orange men are of the less friendly variety and if they see southern reg yokes mightn't be too happy.

Itchy

Some amount of flutes

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2024, 09:56:00 PMSome amount of flutes
Seriously though look after yourselves this evening lads hope everyone gets there and home safe and sound.

Looking like a day for the high stool, unfortunately its not on tv so we may dig out the rain jackets!

Orior

Wonder if any of the southern west brits can explain why a flute band from north of Ballymena needs to go to Armagh to trail their coat.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

"West Brits" in Munster probably never heard of Ballyfknmena.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Orior on March 16, 2024, 11:18:08 AMWonder if any of the southern west brits can explain why a flute band from north of Ballymena needs to go to Armagh to trail their coat.

And to whom are you addressing this question?

Blowitupref

Half time Cork 1-4 Meath 0-7.    and  Louth 4-6 Fermanagh 0-6
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orior

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2024, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 16, 2024, 11:18:08 AMWonder if any of the southern west brits can explain why a flute band from north of Ballymena needs to go to Armagh to trail their coat.

And to whom are you addressing this question?

To those that think northern nationalists should shut up and enjoy partition.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

Fermanagh getting some tanking off Louth, had to check it wasn't a hurling scoreline. Looks ominous for them now given that Louth have Kildare in their last match.