Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

I'd say that'll be very close to the starting 15 redzone. I'd expect Mathew Walsh to be included somewhere in the forward line.

time ticking away

What about Danny mc nulty, is he still injured? Would conor Meyler not be close either?
A lot of good players on that panel. No pressure fergal 😄
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

God14

Forgot about meyler. One of the first names on the team sheet too.

As far as I know, big Dan still struggling with back injury.

time ticking away

Is paudie hampsey still under 21 also, Ciaran mc Laughlin too.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

winghalfback

Quote from: redzone on March 16, 2015, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 16, 2015, 06:17:27 PM
There are some exceptions but a lot of the time rte only show highlights of games that have been on Setanta or tg4 at the weekend and don't bother with the league. So I don't think them not sending cameras was anything to do with Harte but more there indifference to the gaa from October to May.

Positives and negatives from yesterday. Thought we put in a really good first half and worked hard and as a team throughout. We did run totally out of steam with 15 to go. The game plan on that omagh pitch obviously had a big impact. It is only match and no one would want to team to peak yet so hopefully there will be a bit more in the tank come championship.

The two areas that require most work are scoring and breaking ball. We're missing to many frees and dropping to many short from open play. We really need cavanagh Donnelly and Harte go start getting more on the score board. Mcaliskey was excellent in the first half yesterday but doesn't have the engine for the current game plan. He either needs to be excused of tracking back so far out the pitch or used as an impact sub with 30 to go.

Breaking ball from kickouts has to be a priority and has been an issue for at least 3 years. We aren't getting in positions to win breaking ball. Teams push up on our kickouts and we end up kicking to an isolated player with 3 or 4 opposition around them. We need to get back to basics and get more men around the ball.

Overall plenty to work on but I do think we're going to right road and our a lot further ahead with a settled team and plan.

How did morgan play. Few reckon mickey oneill should get a go. Were the frees missed long way out. Didn't get but to match cork indeed lead for most of the game would indicate we not far of the top table. next 3 games I suppose will tell us more. Looking forward to wed night. Fermanagh normally not upto much but this is the same group that won the mcrory a few years ago. They could be dangerous but id like to think wed be tuned into that. il have a stab at the team.Only a guess.
1   fox- killyclogher
2 r mullen - Carmen?
3 r brennan-trillick
4 r Kelly-trillick
5 k mcgeary-pomeroy
6 m Cassidy-ardboe
7 p McKenna-donghamore
8 c mcshane -roes
9  maculey Quinn-stewardstown
10 f bruns-pomeroy
11 m Kavanagh-errigal
12 r mcglone-agahloo
13 l brennan-trillick
14 r sludden-dromore
15 m Bradley-kllyclogher

I would expect dan mc nulty paudie hampsey connor meyler all to start

redzone

yeah forgot about a few. some squad we have. is big dan over his injuries. never really seen much of hampsey play only once or twice, meylers a good player. is a grugan u 21? Again we seem to be producing a smaller type player. Not much you can do about that. just play the hand ure dealt really. I will be watchin the line closlely to see how big a say wee peter has. Logan has worked with this group at underage so he should know the players inside out. nothing better than a midweek championship match

Man Marker

I wont b watching Pete closely, nothing to watch. Great great player who isnt going to cut it in management. Took Errigal to nothing, mc guckian comes in and wins a championship, takes fermanagh, totally crap, look what Mc Grath is now doing. Won a championship with Cavan gaels is like winning a championship with st galls in Antrim i.e. Anyone could do it

BennyHarp

Quote from: Man Marker on March 16, 2015, 10:12:27 PM
I wont b watching Pete closely, nothing to watch. Great great player who isnt going to cut it in management. Took Errigal to nothing, mc guckian comes in and wins a championship, takes fermanagh, totally crap, look what Mc Grath is now doing. Won a championship with Cavan gaels is like winning a championship with st galls in Antrim i.e. Anyone could do it

I suppose I agree that Peter Canavan's record has not exactly set the world alight but just clarify what Pete McGrath has done at Fermanagh in his time so far to earn your admiration? A mediocre div 3 league campaign and a championship loss to Antrim and first round qualifier defeat in 2014 hardly warrants praise in comparison to anyone's record. He's started well enough this term but hasn't really done enough yet to be suggesting he's making better use of the players at his disposal than Canavan did.
That was never a square ball!!

Man Marker

Looks like Mc Grath is taking Fermanagh into division two, never those All Ireland's he has won at Sen and minor county football.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Man Marker on March 16, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Looks like Mc Grath is taking Fermanagh into division two, never those All Ireland's he has won at Sen and minor county football.

Is he? There's a long way to go before you can confirm their promotion and somehow rating Canavan's record in Fermanagh by quoting McGrath's All Irelands with Down is just a little bit silly. The truth is that Fermanagh are a busted flush with limited resources and to hang Canavan on that record is harsh - remember he did get them promoted. So that leaves us with the record at Errigal where, if I'm not mistaken he won the league twice, some might say the foundations were laid for McGuckin, who hasn't exactly set the world alight since that first victory. So actually, his record isn't too bad, I'd be confident he would have something positive to add to the u21 set up.
That was never a square ball!!

ose 14

couldnt imagine conor meyler and ciaran mclaughlin not starting in  the u21 team redzone and mcgarrity possibly the galbally lad

redzone

on canavan. bennys right. he took errigal to the league a few times and def laid the foundations for errigal.daisy wouldn't play for him and that was the one player extra that they needed. the island beat them in dungannon the year they won it in the first round and errigal had 16/17 wides that day.i think errigal were beat by the eventual winners everytime under canavan. with Fermanagh again laid the founds, (ryan mccluskey said they had never experienced as high a level of management) but again a player wouldn't play for him in seamie quiqley.(headcase anyway). they nearly got promoted out div3 but just missed out narrowly. brought a championship to cavan gaels who hadn't won one in quite a few years. id say hes a good manager. the only thing that blackened his name was the massive money he had to get to go to Fermanagh and gaels. suppose if there foolish enough to hand it over that's there problem. Pete McGrath by all accounts is more or less just getting basic mileage allowance and would be a grt manager. look how long hes in the game. Fermangh would give any ulster team a game of it on there day and would be dangerous on the easy side of the usfc            MAN MARKER  id say you probably played in the reserves again errigal then yous had a few injuries and you were threw onto pick up canavan. (manager knew what he was doing and decided to put some manners on this young cub man marker).He made you sick with sidesteps and the ultimate humiliation u were subbed of again.   After that game u were christened the man marker. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) That's the only logical reason I can think of as why you don't like the wee  genius. :)

Man Marker

Go on, feel free to put in bold the post where I said I didn't like him. He won't cut it at inter county management. If you want to win a championship in football go St Galls, Cavan Gaels or  Ballinderry. I literally laughed myself to tears reading he put Fermanagh in good staed for wee Pete Mc Grath, couldn't get him out the door quick enough with terrible football.

bannside

Total Bullshit. Nearly every Fermanagh player will credit PTG for taking them on miles even if it didn't result in silverware.  Set the foundations for next man in PMG who is also a serious operator. But for Man Marker to say PTG won't cut it at management level is laughable.  Is he going to put his credentials out there?  LOL.

Man Marker

You are entitled to your opinion, but after reading many of your overly optimistic posts on how successful Antrim could be if only this or that was done, I will stick with my observations. But let me say I would be delighted if he turns out to be a success with Tyrone, thst would be great, but cant see it.