Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2020, 03:17:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2020, 01:31:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 18, 2020, 01:28:23 PM
Bosch season 6 started.
Is it good? I have read all the books and love the character but I watched one episode and I didn't take to it.
I had an image of who I thought was Bosch, now since the Tv show it's Titus Welliver. Titus is Bosch. Each season takes in a fair bit and doesn't follow the timeline, but each book's story line is accurately depicted with great respect to the original story. Bosch aficionados are fortunate to have this quality tv dramatisation of the books.
Will give it a shot.

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2020, 01:31:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 18, 2020, 01:28:23 PM
Bosch season 6 started.
Is it good? I have read all the books and love the character but I watched one episode and I didn't take to it.

It's decent enough! Definitely worth sticking with but some seasons are stronger than others.

Boycey

I didn't realize there were books  :-[. I happened on Bosch last summer and watched the 5 series back to back and thoroughly enjoyed them. I would agree that some series are better than others...

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on April 17, 2020, 10:09:45 PM
Better late than never - Watched Life on Mars and going through Ashes to Ashes atm. Ridiculous premise, corny, kitsch, whatever but entertaining nonetheless. Finding Ashes to Ashes significantly better than Life on Mars I have to say. Fire up the Quattro!

When it was first on I thought Life on Mars was bollix, but on a later run I came to appreciate it.  Your woman in Ashes to Ashes would stop crime by walking down the street.
They actually made a Spanish clone of Mars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yup95NXyqvE
and an American one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBHvkoDnOE
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Life on Mars was a classic, it's on the BBC Player.  A limited appeal cult classic that hit the mainstream with a bullet, the outstanding drama of 2006/7. won 2 Emmys and a Bafta.
The background music used in each episode was a trip in itself. - "The Jean Genie"  ;D

bennydorano

The Last Dance on Netflix, documentary about the Chicago Bulls 97/98 season - some glorious footage of the players histories, first 2 episodes excellent.

JimStynes

Very good so far and a reminder of how much of a super star Michael Jordan was. Phenomenal drive and will to win.

Milltown Row2

Watching the Mandalorian, it's completely taken from the best Westerners, Loving the Rocky music in it also!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on April 20, 2020, 07:48:32 PM
The Last Dance on Netflix, documentary about the Chicago Bulls 97/98 season - some glorious footage of the players histories, first 2 episodes excellent.
Just finished the first episode. Pure class. Me and the brother woreout a video of the 91 season.

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2020, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 17, 2020, 10:09:45 PM
Better late than never - Watched Life on Mars and going through Ashes to Ashes atm. Ridiculous premise, corny, kitsch, whatever but entertaining nonetheless. Finding Ashes to Ashes significantly better than Life on Mars I have to say. Fire up the Quattro!
The writer said last week that Gene Hunt will be returning soon.

God, I hope so! For a show that I avoided watching for so long it was an unexpected treat.

Norf Tyrone

Don't know if anyone is watching Irish Pickers on Blaze TV.

Is there anyway to watch old episodes of this?

https://www.blaze.tv/series/irish-pickers
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smokin Joe

My 12 year old son loves Basketball.

I see that The Last Dance is 15.  Has there been anything in it so far that would be unsuitable for a 12 year old?

bennydorano

Bit of cursing, reference / description of a bit of partying is all I can recall

laoislad

Only started watching Money Heist lately. Great show. You quickly forget you are even reading subtitles.
Tried the dubbed version first and couldn't get into it at all.
Still on Season 1 but loving it so far...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.