Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 11:24:16 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 12, 2019, 10:39:12 AM
Carrickmore will be stuffed on the Sunday - great venue for it too.

I think edendork might have a bit too much for them also - but i dont think they will be stuffed

Oh I meant the venue for the double header! Couldn't call the Carmen/Edendork game.

GaaFanatic123

I think edendork might have a bit too much for them also - but i dont think they will be stuffed
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pearse Blue

Quote from: under the bar on September 11, 2019, 09:14:57 PM
I remember playing a reserve match in Derrylaughan one evening and rushes on the field were nearly up to your knees. Anyway the game was a draw with time up and the ball broke loose.  Peter McAnenley was quickest to react and scooped it up out of a clump of rushes and booted it over the bar just as the whistle went.  We thought we'd won the game but as the ref pointed out it was actually a hare he put over  the bar not the ball!  A f**king hare!!!!
;D ;D
He must've been a quare stupid **** thinking a hare was a football...

square_ball

Quote from: Cunn12345 on September 11, 2019, 10:10:15 PM
New here.. just looking the opinion on something I was thinking about. I believe Galbally will win an O'Neill cup in the next 6/7 years. (From an outside man)

I think you're right and I'd go one step further and say I think they could be the first Tyrone club to win the senior All Ireland.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: square_ball on September 12, 2019, 12:52:45 PM
New here.. just looking the opinion on something I was thinking about. I believe Galbally will win an O'Neill cup in the next 6/7 years. (From an outside man)

I think you're right and I'd go one step further and say I think they could be the first Tyrone club to win the senior All Ireland.

Galbally would have their fill of it v Corofin though, or the Dublin champions of any year.

SG08

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 12, 2019, 01:01:59 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 12, 2019, 12:52:45 PM

Galbally would have their fill of it v Corofin though, or the Dublin champions of any year.

Can't see either of them giving Galbally bother to be honest. A hypothetical great team

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 12, 2019, 11:33:45 AM

Oh I meant the venue for the double header! Couldn't call the Carmen/Edendork game.

o f**k, my mistake.
i see the intermediate championship is being rattled off fairly quickly, week by week
Final has to be played on the 6th as Tyrone winner is out in the Preliminary round of Ulster on the 20th. So allowing two week break between semi final and final.

Moonshine

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
Quote from: Moonshine on September 11, 2019, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 11, 2019, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on September 11, 2019, 08:36:36 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 11, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 11, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on September 11, 2019, 01:52:29 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 11, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look

Oguz didn't make the Errigal team v Eglish. Suppose it wouldn't be the first time an Errigal sub made the county panel

In fairness Errigal subs are other better footballers than the starting 15 in most other clubs!

If that was the case then they would have a few oneill cups the past few years?
Shocking statement regarding a brutal club.

Brutal club  :) :) :) clearly clueless. Produced one of the greatest footballers  to play the game. Regularly compete at the highest grade unlike your club.  If derrylaughin is even your club?. And il add the only club to take home senior ulster club. And tyrone have had some great winners.

You my friend need to float away out into lough neagh coming out with a statement like that. Brutal club.

Who wants to take that one....

Is canavan not?

Moonshine, is errigal ciaran going to live of the fact cavanan played for them forever? no doubt he was a great player.
also dont act like cavanan was the only great forward tyrone had, catch a grip.
as someone else has stated too, Errigal ciaran wasnt even a club when cavanan was in his teens - brutal club.
your quick to defend errigal i see, you a Ballygawley, Beragh, Eskra, Aughnacloy, seskinore or augher man

If you read the comment in full instead of picking out bits that suit you, you might of seen I said he was one off a lot of good footballers. I agree many a good forward played for tyrone Frank mc mcguigan, brian mc mcguigan, mulligan, o neill, dooher. I was merely pointing out he carried tyrone early 90s until early 00s. Just like Frank sr did.

What is your reason for it been a brutal club?
Have they beat washing bay alot?
Won too much?
Or is it the current county manager from their club? Which I agree before you cry new manager needed

trueblue1234

Lads seriously, have a look at yourselves.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

Errigal crowd hard to listen to alright, between the constant 'errigal' chants and middle aged men beating bodhrans it would puke ye.

Under Lights

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 12, 2019, 04:10:14 PM
Errigal 3rds be in with a chance in the championship? Play a beatable Eskra team tomorrow.

Senior Junior for Errigal this year. Great club, even better people.

Tintown rattler

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 12, 2019, 04:16:15 PM
Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 12, 2019, 04:10:14 PM
Errigal 3rds be in with a chance in the championship? Play a beatable Eskra team tomorrow.

Senior Junior for Errigal this year. Great club, even better people.

Tiffy Quinn, welcome to the board.

Are you local expert? Or do you just steal his jokes?

kickitin

another big weekend of championship action coming up. Can't see any surprises bar maybe the rock giving glenelly a run and possibly galbally getting past a strong aghyaran team with big names like johnny connolly said to be coming back into the starting 15.

aqua_allsorts

Quote from: kickitin on September 12, 2019, 04:37:03 PM
another big weekend of championship action coming up. Can't see any surprises bar maybe the rock giving glenelly a run and possibly galbally getting past a strong aghyaran team with big names like johnny connolly said to be coming back into the starting 15.

Believe it or not kickitin.

I've also heard from a very reliable source about aghyaran that this Connolly lad seems to be flying in training. Galbally won't be expecting this curveball I'd presume?

Honda300

Is that the connoly fella that was on a few of the Tyrone development squads? Has he played any league football this season haven't seen him mentioned much