The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottoman

Jasus that ref was absolutely terrible today! His decision making gave Galway at least 5/6 points in the end, awful stuff. Good performance again from the lads, they could have had 5 goals today. Galway keeper pulled off some great saves.

redsetanta

Great performance from the minors. Just a little more clinical and could have won.
They picked themselves up after the Leinster final defeat.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois Rising

Thomas Gleeson is viewed as a very good up and coming referee. On reflection, I'm sure he will be disappointed with this performance. It seemed to be a case of natural biasism towards the more "elite" side in Galway in some of the decisions he made. He unfortunately proved the difference in the game and to Laois' cost. That Laois team deserve a semi final placing, however, Clare have had an extra week to prepare themselves for this game and with home advantage it might prove telling. I hope I'm wrong. 

Laois man

Best of luck to laois minors today. 60 mins away from a All Ireland Sfinal.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

Not looking too good. Clare faster, better at passing, and much less inclined to fumble the ball.

G@@

Long range shooting let us down with a few very bad wides. We needed that early goal chance to go in to settle. Thought we made a few bad passing decisions. Pity about this result, a good minor team that done us proud all the same this year.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Zooming around

How did the hurling development squads get on at the weekend?

burdizzo

U16s had two squads out on Saturday - 'blue squad' lost to a Wexford selection by six, and 'white squad' beat Westmeath narrowly.

Zooming around

Quote from: burdizzo on June 20, 2022, 07:44:41 PM
U16s had two squads out on Saturday - 'blue squad' lost to a Wexford selection by six, and 'white squad' beat Westmeath narrowly.

Thanks, did the 14s and 15s play?

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on June 21, 2022, 08:59:19 AM

Thanks, did the 14s and 15s play?

14's bet kildare and lost to kerry

Zooming around

The Blue Squad and the White Squad... Reminds of the Garda cars years ago.

Giovanni

Offaly's excellent performance yesterday gives some context for the standards reached by our minors this year. Hopefully, this will provide some encouragement to our lads and give them the belief that we can make it too.

Moregroundhurling

The club hurling leagues say a lot about the "hurling problem" in Laois at the moment. The big clubs are getting bigger and stronger, the smaller clubs are drowning slowly. Every grade was won by a clubs 2nd or 3rd team. Colt/ Shanahoe being the only 1st team to reach a league final. I didn't include Junior C because, well it's Junior C. Small clubs going to be forced into amalgamations or else just accept that they are falling further and further away from the pack.

For the sake of causing an arguement. Camross will have a competitive team in each of the 1st 3 divisions of our league next and there's a possibility they may not have a representative on the senior panel

1B - Rathdowney/ Errill (2)
2 - Abbeyleix (2)
3 Camross (3)
4 - Harps  (3)

Laois man

We in Laois should have parish rule to make hurling stronger. Was looking at U15 results last week Ctown beat Mrath who have players who will be gone to Trumrea when the get to adult age then in the U15 B i see Clonad/Trumrea had a team playing aswell. Like how does this work can you just pick who you play for. If clubs don't put in the work with there juveniles and have little coming through they can't stay going. You can say the big clubs are getting bigger but the Camross Ctown Rdowney /Errill and lots of other clubs have big numbers underage but there starting with them at 3 and 4 years of age with takes huge time and commitment but pays off down the line. Maybe I am wrong but if you don't put it the hours in the field at underage you don't deserve to have anything coming through.