The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I was in the gym yesterday and listened to two young fellows talking about their teams in the Mid Ulster league and about other teams that they hated and did not want to see promoted.  This negative mindset reminds me of a minority of Man Utd fans who seem to think that they have had a successful season just because Liverpool look like not winning the premier league.  It is in stark contrat to Coach Kelly from Notre Dame who I met recently at Breezy Point in NY, when I told him that my US cousins were big Boston College fans he replied "It doesn't matter we love them all".  Sentiments that I'm trying to embrace!

Aaron Boone

Plenty of time for another twist.

Shrewdness

I can assure you John that no United fans, minority or otherwise, will measure this season as a success of any kind, regardless of what Liverpool do. All United fans know the top class football that Liverpool played for most of this season.

Lecale2

It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope that kills you.

deiseach

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 11:44:13 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2014, 11:40:50 PM
Its been a blast.
I agree. Al lot of disheartened fans over the few matches but fcuk it they have played attacking football and won matches in a style, that in August we couldn't even dream of. It has been some ride. If you trawled back to last posts from last summer not many were even talking about top 4.

Aye, lots of happy memories. My favourite is probably when Jordan Henderson pressured Mesut Ozil to the point where he felt his only response was to fall on his arse and look for a free. Meanwhile Liverpool swept forward in such numbers that they were queueing up to poke the ball into the net. Those twenty minutes against Arsenal, 4-0 up and not flattered at all, were beyond belief.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 09:06:49 AM
Its been a blast.
I agree. Al lot of disheartened fans over the few matches but fcuk it they have played attacking football and won matches in a style, that in August we couldn't even dream of. It has been some ride. If you trawled back to last posts from last summer not many were even talking about top 4.

Aye, lots of happy memories. My favourite is probably when Jordan Henderson pressured Mesut Ozil to the point where he felt his only response was to fall on his arse and look for a free. Meanwhile Liverpool swept forward in such numbers that they were queueing up to poke the ball into the net. Those twenty minutes against Arsenal, 4-0 up and not flattered at all, were beyond belief.

Christ, did someone die on here!!!

thebigfella

Quote from: john mcgill on May 08, 2014, 06:36:15 AM
I was in the gym yesterday and listened to two young fellows talking about their teams in the Mid Ulster league and about other teams that they hated and did not want to see promoted.  This negative mindset reminds me of a minority of Man Utd fans who seem to think that they have had a successful season just because Liverpool look like not winning the premier league.  It is in stark contrat to Coach Kelly from Notre Dame who I met recently at Breezy Point in NY, when I told him that my US cousins were big Boston College fans he replied "It doesn't matter we love them all".  Sentiments that I'm trying to embrace!

This could be attributed to any club ::)

Arsenal fans celebrate the day Spurs cannot finish above them. I was in a pub in Dublin when Aguero scored the goal to give City the league. Not one City jersey in sight but about 50 guys hugging and kissing each other in Liverpool jerseys. The missus supports anybody but Kilkenny because she's from Tipp.

It says more that you singled out Utd fans in that statement. I'd say you have a long way to go to embrace those above sentiments.

Minus15

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 09:06:49 AM
Its been a blast.

The Arsenal game would have to my greatest memory of the season so far (Still time for a better one on Sunday).
A close second to that Arsenal 20 minute blitz would be Suarez's 4 against Norwich and the realisation that he just may be the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt!

Carmen Stateside

Both victories over Spurs was highlight for me. 9-0 over two games against a team that had spent £ 100 million was great, even getting one of the many managers fired! Good times are back at Anfield  :D

Armamike

Realistically we would need Man city to get a dose of food poisoning for Sunday. What's the chances of that happening though to scupper a team's chances?
That's just, like your opinion man.

deiseach

Quote from: Armamike on May 08, 2014, 02:22:00 PM
Realistically we would need Man city to get a dose of food poisoning for Sunday. What's the chances of that happening though to scupper a team's chances?

Even if that did happen, only a complete shower of whining losers would use it as an excuse.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 03:05:48 PM

Even if that did happen, only a complete shower of whining losers would use it as an excuse.

;D  ;D  ;D

Milltown Row2

Look Big Andy and Downing should win it for Liverpool without the need for food poisoning, have faith and beat Newcastle first
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2014, 03:51:11 PM

Look Big Andy and Downing should win it for Liverpool without the need for food poisoning, have faith and beat Newcastle first

Faith in Big Andy and Downing? Been there. Done that. Got the scars.

Asal Mor

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Faith in Big Andy and Downing? Been there. Done that. Got the scars.

;D