The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Sud Afrika beaten by New Zealand! Didn't see that coming, particularly when they only needed 113 runs from 26 overs with eight wickets in hand. Some collapse.

Denn Forever

Well done New Zealand.  hey have been quiet and unspectacular but getting the job done and SA seem to be living off their history.  It is looking like England's tournament.

Are the NZ cricket team the All Whites or the White Feathers?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 25, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
Well done New Zealand.  hey have been quiet and unspectacular but getting the job done and SA seem to be living off their history.  It is looking like England's tournament.

Are the NZ cricket team the All Whites or the White Feathers?

England's tournament? I don't think South Africa going out makes it England's tournament. I'd say the two hosts, India and Sri Lanka will still have high hopes, and Pakistan probably would fancy England as well.

magpie seanie

NZ cricket team are the Black Caps aren't they?

England would not be a fancied side out of those left though they are dangerous. They're capable of beating any of them but capable of losing to any of them too.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 25, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
Well done New Zealand.  hey have been quiet and unspectacular but getting the job done and SA seem to be living off their history. It is looking like England's tournament.Are the NZ cricket team the All Whites or the White Feathers?

What I mean is that they are lucky to be still there and they could Fluke it.  And we'll have to hear about the mighty England.  They'd all be knighted if they won the world cup, hhaving won the ashes and the 20/20 world cup.

Come on Sri Lanka.
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Watching the highlight here.  Morgan must have said a few decades of the rosary for all the luck hes had.

People wonder abouit Muraliarin's bowling action but is Malinga's bowling legal?  It looks like a baseball pitching action.

Come on Sri Lanka.
means what he says...

Denn Forever

means what he says...

Billys Boots

NZ all out for 217, lost last three wickets in 8 balls.  SL are now favourites to win, according to the Castrol Index.  We'll see.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

I think SL should take this now. NZ should have got to 240-250 but cut their own throats.

deiseach

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 29, 2011, 01:50:12 PM
NZ all out for 217, lost last three wickets in 8 balls.  SL are now favourites to win, according to the Castrol Index.  We'll see.

You shouldn't need no steenkin' index to tell you Sri Lanka should win this in a canter. Still, I thought the same about South Africa against New Zealand.

Billys Boots

I didn't need the index, I was trying to be helpful.  ;)

Aiieee, carnage alert, SL have scored 18 off the first 2 overs.  :-\

Billys Boots

Run rate slowed to around 5 now, and SL have lost one of their openers.  A few more wickets for NZ and who knows ... (apart from SA)?

Billys Boots

174/4 with 10 overs left, should be enough for SL, but all their decent batsmen are gone - who knows??

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tony Baloney

What sort of crowd is expected at the India v Pakistan match tomorrow? Will be some crowd watching on tv.