The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

This is where being the host nation works against you. The tension must be nuts.

Billys Boots

Another one gone.  187/5, 74 needed off 75 balls.  Gonna be close, the Castrol Index is still saying Australia.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

This is going to be close alright, but India are giving away wickets. They should be home and hosed nearly at this stage.

seafoid

If Australia are old style Meath,  India are Mayo. They don't usually have the mental toughness to win the most important tight matches . 

AZOffaly

Looks like Mayo may do it. 218/5 with 56 balls left. 43 needed.

Billys Boots

Seriously bad over from Tait there, 10 runs including a 'five-wides'.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 24, 2011, 04:37:36 PM
Seriously bad over from Tait there, 10 runs including a 'five-wides'.

Maybe Australia are Mayo so :)

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: seafoid on March 24, 2011, 03:40:43 PM
Australia always remind me of Meath.  Not recent vintage Meath although that famous underarm incident in the early 90s vs NZ could have been in last year's Leinster final.

More like early 80's. Greg Chappell was captain at the time.

seafoid

Billys Boots

Tait replaced by Watson to not much effect, 7 from his over.  At last India are ahead on the Castrol Index.  Looks over unless a wicket falls quickly. 

AZOffaly

India need 4 runs with 18 balls left. Sin é. Great win for the Indians, delighted for them. Australia had 16 wides I think. Definitely Mayo.

And India do it with 14 balls and 5 wickets to spare. They are going absolutely nuts over there.

India v Pakistan now. Wow.

Billys Boots

India home and hosed with 15 balls to spare.

AZOffaly

From espncricinfo

A day for champions.

Lee to Yuvraj Singh, FOUR, a poetic moment for the Indian fans. Australia's reign has ended. The crowd has lost it. Yuvraj is on the turf, mid-pitch, waving his bat like a mad man looking to slap a mosquito with a bat. And just as well. We will have new World Champions, for the first time since 1999. Length ball on off stump, Yuvraj wanted to do it at one go, he backed away marginally and caned it through the covers. Everything is a blur. Australia are out. India will play Pakistan in Mohali.

seafoid

India Pakistan should be a fabulous match .

Fair play to Mayo.

stephenite

Fair play to the Indians-setting up for the mother of all semis now!

End of an era for Australia, Ricky Ponting is the last member of a group of great cricketers that helped Australia dominate. Warnie, McGrath, Mattie Hayden and Gillie are all gone and I think Ricky will join them before too long