The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

What an enormous thrill it must be to be walking out and playing in front of a full house in the most cricket-passionate country in the world.  Testament to their heroics of the other night and to the appreciation fo the Indian fans.  Great stuff.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Milltown Row2

That's some batting by the Indian bats man!! 3 sixes for 5 balls

though the bowler looks about 17 years old
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Ireland going down after a good fight. India only need 20 to win off 50 balls.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2011, 04:11:17 PM

The cub is actually 18   :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2011, 04:11:17 PM

Dockrell? Hes 18 I think, serious prospect. Was asked the other day about possibly playing test cricket for England and replied that he'd hope to play test cricket for Ireland.

Hardy

sammymaguire

Them lads certainly have not disgraced themselves today as those many Indian fans were looking seriously worried about 20 minutes ago until yer man hit 16 runs in one over against the young lad's spin bowling - ran a little out of steam. It would be great and well deserved if they can qualify for the next phase
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hardy

Milltown Row2

Well no disgrace getting beat by India, I'm sure they will give the other teams left some beatings.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Watched most of it. Decent effort but one or two crucial things went wrong as mentioned above so another unlikely win wasn't possible. Will be expected to beat the Dutch and the West Indies are inconsistent. SA no world beaters on todays evidence either.

Denn Forever

Valiant effort. 

Kevin Pietersen is ruled out of the rest of England's World Cup campaign because of a hernia problem, and will be replaced by Eoin Morgan.

I hope we won't play England until the final now. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

stephenite

sammymaguire

Quote from: stephenite on March 11, 2011, 06:00:52 AM
103-2 against the Windies in the 27th over

chasing 275, will need a BIG innings from Porterfield and Joyce to make a game of this, 36/1 in the 7th over  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

stephenite

The Windies must have put up a fair few runs in the last 15 odd overs-I flicked over the sky news just as the bad news broke from Japan and forgot all about the cricket

Billys Boots

Porterfield and Stirling gone, 64-2 after 16 overs.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...