The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isourboydownyet

Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2011, 10:28:05 AM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on March 03, 2011, 08:47:24 AM
reports this morning that o'brien to become a very wealthy young man after his performance yesterday with reps from the 20/20 series about to offer him big bucks,fair play to him.

Is that the IPL 20/20 in India?

yeah i think so

AZOffaly

I see Canada are giving Pakistan socks of it today. Pakistan opened the batting and are just 126/4 off 32 overs with a run rate of 3.94.

If the Canucks can keep them below 220 or so, they've got a chance.

Aerlik

I'm such a proud Irishman today.  Especially sweeter living in Oz.  Lots of congratulatory praise for us. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 03, 2011, 11:34:28 AM
I see Canada are giving Pakistan socks of it today. Pakistan opened the batting and are just 126/4 off 32 overs with a run rate of 3.94.

If these two stay at the crease for another 7/8 overs they post more than that. Remember they got Alfridi and Razzaq next two in. Suggestions from commentators too that it's a low scoring wicket.

Edit: wicket down, put a curse on them  ;D

Denn Forever

Quote from: Aerlik on March 03, 2011, 11:36:35 AM
I'm such a proud Irishman today.  Especially sweeter living in Oz.  Lots of congratulatory praise for us.

Maybe playing for Ireland is a viable/attractive option for your son?

Tough one now against India.  On Sunday isn't it?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

the Deel Rover

fair play to the irish team watched it on sky last night some game . O' brien just hammered the ball around the place. it was great to see the smiles and smugness of the english players dissapear the longer the innings went on
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

saffron sam2

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 03, 2011, 09:24:16 AM
Watched the highlights last night - England were brutal in the field, dropped 4 or 5 catches.  Makes it even better for me.  ;D

Had that been Pakistan, you'd have been a tad suspicious.

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 03, 2011, 11:34:28 AM

Like this.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

highorlow

We should give baseball a go now. Try and win the world series. That's where the big money is, might get us out of this financial crisis.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Gabriel_Hurl

NetNitrate

Quote from: stephenite on March 03, 2011, 02:35:33 AM
Quote from: NetNitrate on March 03, 2011, 01:46:05 AM
Result makes a mockery of the decision to exclude non test teams like Ireland from the next world cup.

Yes and no - some of the other non test playing teams have made a mockery of the world cup. I think it was Kenya v West Indies, they were all out for 69 and the West Indies had caught their total in 8 overs. I'd be looking for a refund if I was at that match.

Cutting the number of non test playing nations is the way to go and have more stringent qualification competition to sort the really bad nations out from the not so bad

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't the next world cup only have the 10 test teams. A team like Ireland will not even have the option of trying to qualify.

AZOffaly

They will be able to qualify, there are only 8 test nations in the world.

As for today, the Canucks have a great chance. Ireland had the biggest successful chase at a World Cup yesterday. Today Canada need just 185 runs to win, at a rate of 3.69. If Pakistan manage to defend that small total, they will have the new record for the smallest total successfully defended at this stadium. The previous total was 187, by Pakistan again back in 1994.

Main Street

15/2
The target is looking very very long for the Canadians.

Craigyhill Terror

Zimbabwe are about to start playing Tests again, so that will make it 10. Even if that doesn't last, the next two World Cups are, as it stands, confined to the 10 "full" ICC members - England, the Windies, SA, Zimbabwe, Oz, NZ and the four on the sub-continent. "Associate" members like Ireland have been shut out, but I think there might be moves to change that

the Deel Rover

lads can anyone explain the powerplay to me ? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Canada are imploding a bit after a decent, if unspectacular start. They started out 16 for no loss, and then lost 2 wickets for no more runs. Went to 16/2 and are now 20/2.