The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Labuschagne or Smith haven't got going yet and they still managed to beat England.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Orior on June 20, 2023, 09:04:52 PM
Might have been a dull draw if England had not declared.

I don't understand the declaration. If you want to get the Aussies in to bat  then get a message out to your remaining batsmen to slog it as if it's T20 so they get out quickly but also add some runs why the fook declare as it turns out they lose by 2wickets, 2 wickets they just fucked off their own 1st innings the twats.

square_ball

An extra 30/40 runs in the first innings probably would have got them the win or at least the draw. I can see why he done it but it's obviously backfired.

thewobbler

I don't follow cricket much these days but I have enjoyed reading about England's tactical approach. I do like the theory behind it i.e. you can't bowl a team out twice unless you give your bowlers enough overs. It's a computer analyst rather than a captain's instinct that made the big decision here. Next time he will probably be right.

Pub Bore

Fantastic game of cricket. I think Stokes's lack of fitness hasn't been discussed much and could be an issue with 5 tests v Aus spread over 6 1/2 weeks.

Square Ball

Can Stokes and Duckett win this game for the English, hope not.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ghost

Stokes is on one here.

square_ball

There'll be some crying done by the English this week about sportsmanship.

Ghost

I think they might have a point this week. Thought it was low enough from Australia to claim that one.

Stokes left with too much to do in the finish up.

JPGJOHNNYG

England blew it in the first innings a 180 odd for 1 and then self destructed

Orior

Quote from: square_ball on July 02, 2023, 04:16:30 PM

What happened?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2023, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 02, 2023, 04:16:30 PM

What happened?

Unsportsman like behavior from the Aussies. Ffs dry your eyes.

https://twitter.com/izzywestbury/status/1675535846852665345?t=q2AnvCL3JK5vaqxYq6cRow&s=19
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Capt Pat

Quick thinking by the Aussie wicket keeper outsmarted the Englander. The Neil Back award for sportsmanship for Alex Carey.

markl121

Bairstow was still in his crease when the ball was thrown too, he only has himself to blame

Pub Bore

Nothing really to see here. If Carey had missed the stumps Bairstow would have been well within his rights to take a run.  It was out any day of the week.  Some whinging going on.