The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: An Watcher on March 30, 2018, 03:11:20 PM
I disagree,  don't think it's just something that the Aussies came up with

Sure hasn't the current SA captain been done twice for it?
As for the band, CA are being very harsh in them because they have lost sponsorship.  The bans aren't for ball tampering

Gabriel_Hurl

and here we go - Ireland's first test match squad

michaelg

90% chance of precipitation in Malahide on Friday! f**king typical!

magpie seanie

Quote from: michaelg on May 08, 2018, 04:03:33 PM
90% chance of precipitation in Malahide on Friday! f**king typical!

We could be unbeaten in home tests for years!!!

Boycey

Had intended going Friday, historic day and all that but forecast is making me waver but hopefully will make at least one of the days.

omaghjoe

Surely this should have been held in Tyrone, the dedicated heartland of Irish cricket and suitable weather to boot!

An historic day tho, congratulations Ireland. I know its not about the result but couldna we got Zimbabwe for this? or does Afghanistan have a test team yet?

michaelg

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 09, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Surely this should have been held in Tyrone, the dedicated heartland of Irish cricket and suitable weather to boot!

An historic day tho, congratulations Ireland. I know its not about the result but couldna we got Zimbabwe for this? or does Afghanistan have a test team yet?
Only good thing about the weather is that it might  mean it's not over in 2 days.  I reckon Gibneys might do a fair turn tomorrow!

Boycey

Pakistan are in England for 2 tests starting shortly, this test match will serve as a warm up for them in similar conditions. I'd say every team coming to UK in the coming summers will give us one test match, I believe the Aussies are coming next summer. It'll likely be Smith/Warner's comeback games. Any longer series we play in the short to medium term will be against Afghanistan, Zimbabwe or Bangladesh...

magpie seanie

The team photo looks good. Wouldn't mind picking up one of the jumpers but they don't seem to be available online anywhere.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 01:18:56 PM
The team photo looks good. Wouldn't mind picking up one of the jumpers but they don't seem to be available online anywhere.

Seriously? You'd wear one of those? Jaysus :)

I like the ODI gear, but a big armless Aran sweater with Green bands around the neck and waist? No thanks :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 10, 2018, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

Seriously? You'd wear one of those? Jaysus :)

I like the ODI gear, but a big armless Aran sweater with Green bands around the neck and waist? No thanks :)

Pretty unique! I guess not everyone would be able to pull it off.  8)

Boycey

Match finally under way this morning, Ireland win the toss and bowl. In true Irish fashion, Pakistan opener taken out of it going for a quick run off the 1st ball. Currently lying flat out on pitch  :D

omaghjoe

Lookin good here at the minute

Tyrone man doin the business for Ireland congrats Boyd Rankin on Ireland's first test wicket

Boycey

Thought he a Derry man?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Boycey on May 12, 2018, 04:51:32 PM
Thought he a Derry man?

Bready, woulda been a big asset to Clann na Gael at midfield but alas cricket was his calling :P