The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

This is slow Hardy (I assume you are looking at it via some sort of text feed like myself) but I think it's because of the injuries. Apparently they are dropping like flies.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on February 25, 2015, 10:55:39 AM
Why does it take so long between balls? What are they at, strolling around, chatting, looking, stopping, scratching, ambling back, changing their minds, another chat, etc? I thought the idea of one-day cricket was to jazz the thing up a bit. If they went at a reasonable pace surely they could fit twice as many balls/overs into a day?

Killing momentum, I think its called.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on February 25, 2015, 10:57:07 AM
Why does it take so long between balls? What are they at, strolling around, chatting, looking, stopping, scratching, ambling back, changing their minds, another chat, etc? I thought the idea of one-day cricket was to jazz the thing up a bit. If they went at a reasonable pace surely they could fit twice as many balls/overs into a day?

Cynical cricket. Jimmy McGuinness is helping in their background team :)

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2015, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 25, 2015, 10:57:07 AM

Cynical cricket. Jimmy McGuinness is helping in their background team :)

Makes sense. (Watching a Sky stream.)

O'Brien out!

deiseach

Always the danger of that. They can win it (almost) in singles now though.

stephenite

A lot of the waiting around is positioning the fielders, bowling leg vs. off side requires the catchers to be in the right position, and not the same if the bowlers can land the ball where they're supposed to.

Not uncommon.

lfdown2

Wilson taking up the slack with O'Brien out...exciting stuff!

AZOffaly

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 25, 2015, 11:08:17 AM
Wilson taking up the slack with O'Brien out...exciting stuff!

Probably need to keep Wilson on strike, although Mooney has hit big runs in the past to win games. I jusst wouldn't like to rely on a new lad in to score heavily early on.

AZOffaly

I think that's the first time they've got ahead of a run per ball? If they keep cool they should pick this up. Mooney and Wilson probably need to go to the finish.

gallsman

Mooney was absolutely wild throughout his limited stand there.

AZOffaly

Shite. Wilson gone after bringing them within touching distance! 12 runs needed and he gets himself out....

ardtole

How many balls have they to get the 12 runs

lfdown2

naka