The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on July 31, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
I think Moeen Ali is of Pakistani stock but yes, born in Birmingham.  I know England have done a bit of a Jack Charlton with players in the last few years but of the team that played in the Test just finished I think only Robson (Australia), Ballance (Zimbabwe) and Jordan (Barbados) were not born in England.

Three out of 11, is pretty high, no?

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on July 31, 2014, 03:06:08 PM
I think Moeen Ali is of Pakistani stock but yes, born in Birmingham.  I know England have done a bit of a Jack Charlton with players in the last few years but of the team that played in the Test just finished I think only Robson (Australia), Ballance (Zimbabwe) and Jordan (Barbados) were not born in England.

Morgan isn't really good enough for the test team though on test form up until now, although strong rumours of him being a future captain in waiting if he can establish his place in the team.

Going over the last few years there have been loads of players who have appeared in test matches for England that weren't English - Joyce, Morgan, Rankin, Trott, Stokes, Strauss, Pieterson, Jones, Prior and Darren Pattinson to name a few.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thewobbler

Quote from: johnneycool on July 31, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

I'd say it's normal for England, certainly since as long as I can remember. Allan Lamb, Robin Smith, Phil Edmonds, Graeme Hick, Devon Malcolm, Phil DeFreitas, Gladstone Small, the Hollioake brothers, Andy Caddick, Simon Jones (Wales), Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss. That's got to be 1000 caps among that lot.

Orior

It is more like the Commonwealth cricket team
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

Is there a cricket team outside of the Commonwealth (other than Ireland)?

AQMP

Quote from: johnneycool on July 31, 2014, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

Is there a cricket team outside of the Commonwealth (other than Ireland)?

Holland?

Aerlik

Eoin Morgan has been selected as captain of the 2015 England World Cup team. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

JoG2

some achievement...fair dues to the man

Gabriel_Hurl

Right lads firing up the bandwagon again   :D

AZOffaly

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

I'd be happy enough with 49 more overs like that.

ONeill

michaelg

Quote from: Sidney on February 15, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
I'd be happy enough with 49 more overs like that.
Need to get big Gayle out

ONeill