The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Ah well, there goes one more bandwagon Idon't need to jump on!

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2014, 12:39:20 PM
Crazy stuff altogethe. Dutch has nothing to lose and just went for it and it came off for them. Very disappointing for our lads who didn't do a whole pile wrong.

*looks at the bowling figures* I can see a lot they did wrong.

Rossie11

Cusack and McBrine...
46 runs from 12 balls.. woeful

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 21, 2014, 12:41:34 PM

So we wont see cricket being played this year in the largest town square in Europe?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on March 21, 2014, 01:26:06 PM

So we wont see cricket being played this year in the largest town square in Europe?

Krakow?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

Quote from: laoislad on March 21, 2014, 02:15:03 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 21, 2014, 01:26:06 PM

Krakow?

Is Krakow not a city?

One of the more unexpected sights I have encountered was in Piazza Dante, in Naples, where a group of immigrants were playing cricket under the street lights at 10pm.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on March 21, 2014, 12:45:35 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2014, 12:39:20 PM
Crazy stuff altogethe. Dutch has nothing to lose and just went for it and it came off for them. Very disappointing for our lads who didn't do a whole pile wrong.

*looks at the bowling figures* I can see a lot they did wrong.

Over 3 matches they didn't do a whole pile wrong. Unlucky that the Dutch were in a position where it was hit and hope and it worked out for them. Good luck to them but if they tried that 10 times it might only work out once. Today was that time. Ireland are much better than them, just unlucky on the day. A shame really cos I was really looking forward to a crack at the struggling English.

nrico2006

The biggest shame is the fact that Ireland have lost their best fast bowler and batsman to England over the past year or two and it seems that Dockrell or Stirling will follow at some stage.  An Ireland team with those two back would be performing better again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Orior

England won a test match!

They beat India, but were helped by Indian englishman Ali Moeen who took 6 wickets for 67 runs.

Maybe this is the secret of more success? Rather than selecting Zimbabwian englishmen, or South African englishmen, or Australian englishmen, or Scots englishmen or Irish englishmen, they should pick Indian ones.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2014, 01:12:07 PM
England won a test match!

They beat India, but were helped by Indian englishman Ali Moeen who took 6 wickets for 67 runs.

Maybe this is the secret of more success? Rather than selecting Zimbabwian englishmen, or South African englishmen, or Australian englishmen, or Scots englishmen or Irish englishmen, they should pick Indian ones.
Moeen Ali? Born in England so does that not make him English?

AQMP

I think Moeen Ali is of Pakistani stock but yes, born in Birmingham.  I know England have done a bit of a Jack Charlton with players in the last few years but of the team that played in the Test just finished I think only Robson (Australia), Ballance (Zimbabwe) and Jordan (Barbados) were not born in England.

screenexile

Quote from: AQMP on July 31, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
I think Moeen Ali is of Pakistani stock but yes, born in Birmingham.  I know England have done a bit of a Jack Charlton with players in the last few years but of the team that played in the Test just finished I think only Robson (Australia), Ballance (Zimbabwe) and Jordan (Barbados) were not born in England.

The Captain of the T20 is Eoin Morgan an Irishman. Big calls for him to step in for Cook after the last debacle as well!!!

Orior

Quote from: AQMP on July 31, 2014, 01:58:16 PM

Spoil sport!