Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:28:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2012, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2012, 10:45:12 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 10:32:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 20, 2012, 04:59:04 PM
Anyone following the England/SA test match? Some end to it, result could go any of 3 ways still. 

Edit - spoke too soon, looks like SA will win this one now.

Great series, pity it was only three matches.
Heard some on radio today. Sounded like some horrible fielding again. Apparently they have shipped 500+ runs following dropped catches across the series. Expensive.

Aye, but England were batting today. The Proteas had a few dropped catches as well, stats like that are misleading. Boycott reckoned England were out batted, out bowled and out caught.

The KP saga seems like some fun.
Can't see KP getting an invite from Strauss after the "doos" comments, intervention from Flowers may force the subject though. Seems a divisive character all round and is probably better concentrating on the cash matches.

What was that comment? Sunday Times reckons he advised (via text) SA to bowl round the wicket to Strauss.

No way back if true. Can you imagine Jimmy McGuinness putting up with that?

Still, if I was KP and the IPL was offering me £1.3 mill, I know where my loyalties would lie.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2190423/Kevin-Pietersen-text-Andrew-Strauss-What-said.html

saffron sam2

Excellent. Doos will now replace wally as part of my vocabulary.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

AZOffaly

Could he play with SA? He is South African after all.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 21, 2012, 01:03:59 PM
Could he play with SA? He is South African after all.

Not if Strauss goes there first! Amazing really how many Saffers are on the "England" team. Prior and Trott as well I think.

KP seems like an arrogant pr1ck but he is some player. Not sure I'd like him in any dressingroom that I'd be involved with though.

Denn Forever

The Odyssey begins tomorrow (well Wednesday). 
Is it or its highlight being shown on Terrestrial TV?  ITV4 or Five?

Wednesday: Ireland v Australia, 11am Irish time Monday 24th: Ireland v West Indies, 3pm

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cricket-young-guns-spearheading-irelands-latest-world-odyssey-3230171.html
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Its strange that before the last WC, Everybody gave about cricket being dull, boring etc.. Then during the WC everybody was glued into it when Ireland beat the West Indies?( i think it was) .. Cricket boom for a few weeks and it was all people could talk about.. I bet six months later the same people were saying Cricket was boring as fook and they would never watch it...

I never had any interest in the sport but its quite ironic the some people have an opinion on it, but can't help but watch it when they hear Ireland are doing well ha. I like a lot of sports but not cricket, but fair dues to the ppl in Ireland who do, it will always be miles behind GAA,Rugby, Soccer,Horse Racing,Golf, and i would add Snooker and Tennis

Eamonnca1

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 17, 2012, 06:24:08 PM
Its strange that before the last WC, Everybody gave about cricket being dull, boring etc.. Then during the WC everybody was glued into it when Ireland beat the West Indies?( i think it was) .. Cricket boom for a few weeks and it was all people could talk about.. I bet six months later the same people were saying Cricket was boring as fook and they would never watch it...

I never had any interest in the sport but its quite ironic the some people have an opinion on it, but can't help but watch it when they hear Ireland are doing well ha. I like a lot of sports but not cricket, but fair dues to the ppl in Ireland who do, it will always be miles behind GAA,Rugby, Soccer,Horse Racing,Golf, and i would add Snooker and Tennis

Don't see how it's different from any other sport. In 1987 everybody was out on road bikes.  In 1990 it was all about soccer.  Around 2002 everyone in Armagh was walking about in GAA tops. Boxing's in vogue at the minute. If an Irishman ever gets to the latter stages of Wimbledon you can guarantee the Irish will take over Centre Court and the tennis courts around the country are going to be jammed.

It's the power of suggestion with a bit of inspiration thrown in. Nothing wrong with it at all.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 17, 2012, 06:35:13 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 17, 2012, 06:24:08 PM

Don't see how it's different from any other sport. In 1987 everybody was out on road bikes.  In 1990 it was all about soccer.  Around 2002 everyone in Armagh was walking about in GAA tops. Boxing's in vogue at the minute. If an Irishman ever gets to the latter stages of Wimbledon you can guarantee the Irish will take over Centre Court and the tennis courts around the country are going to be jammed.

It's the power of suggestion with a bit of inspiration thrown in. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Yeah but the same people who would watch it  are still slagging Cricket  a few months later. And of course anyone would like a Irish person do well at wimbledon. Last year being an exaxmple, and that was great but I dont think people would call tennis boring a few months later. I would watch a fair bit of tennis whenever i get the chance. Its each to their own though, all different opinions

orangeman

http://www.rte.ie/sport/cricket/2012/0918/338007-fdsf/

The boy in the middle is some size.

Is he the "bouncer" or what ?

magpie seanie

Decent results in the warm ups for Ireland - we could be in line for another decent showing here. Twenty20 is brilliant craic.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: orangeman on September 18, 2012, 09:36:00 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/cricket/2012/0918/338007-fdsf/

The boy in the middle is some size.

Is he the "bouncer" or what ?

I think that's England captain Stuart Broad. 6ft 5in the big hoor.

magpie seanie

Reasonable total for Ireland to defend especially after losing the first 4 wickets for 30 odd. A fifty partnership by the O'Brien brothers was the highlight. Aussies need 124 to win. You'd expect them to make it.

Denn Forever

Ireland 123 - 7.  Not enough but heres hoping.

Bad start with Porterfield out 1st ball.  Come on the bowlers.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Well beaten alright. We would have needed our full team to put it up to them.