The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

QuoteIn other news - Sachin Tendulkar hit his 100th interational century yesterday.

At last. He sees to have been trying for it for the last year.  Should have played Bangladesh sooner.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Norf Tyrone

Big Boyd Rankin fairly picking up the wickets at the minute!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Ireland beat Holland this morning, and now play off against Namibia for another Cricket WC (20/20) appearance. COYBIG!!

magpie seanie

A long road back to a rematch with Namibia after the opening game defeat. Hopefully we can do it. The team seem to be playing better than at the start of the tournament. Fingers crossed.

rory

If they beat Namibia, they qualify for the World T20 tournament.  The final against Afghanistan only decides what group they go in to:

The grouping of the ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka 2012 will be decided on the basis of how the final pans out. The tournament winner joins Australia and the West Indies in Group B, while the losing finalist will complete Group A which also includes defending champion England and 2007 winner India.

So, if we beat Namibia, do we want to lose the final to get another crack at England? :)

Denn Forever

If we win, we want to win the final.

Don't care who we beat as long as we keep winning and England are in much better shape than they were at the last finals.  And I don't think they'd take us as lightly this time around.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Norf Tyrone

Ireland hammer Namibia and head to the Cricket WC in Sri Lanka!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Five wicket win over the Afghans in the final which means we avoid England in the group stage.

magpie seanie

Anyone following the England/SA test match? Some end to it, result could go any of 3 ways still. 

Edit - spoke too soon, looks like SA will win this one now.

saffron sam2

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 20, 2012, 04:59:04 PM
Anyone following the England/SA test match? Some end to it, result could go any of 3 ways still. 

Great series, pity it was only three matches.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 10:32:13 PM

Heard some on radio today. Sounded like some horrible fielding again. Apparently they have shipped 500+ runs following dropped catches across the series. Expensive.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2012, 10:45:12 PM

Heard some on radio today. Sounded like some horrible fielding again. Apparently they have shipped 500+ runs following dropped catches across the series. Expensive.

Aye, but England were batting today. The Proteas had a few dropped catches as well, stats like that are misleading. Boycott reckoned England were out batted, out bowled and out caught.

The KP saga seems like some fun.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:08:45 PM

Aye, but England were batting today. The Proteas had a few dropped catches as well, stats like that are misleading. Boycott reckoned England were out batted, out bowled and out caught.

Can't see KP getting an invite from Strauss after the "doos" comments, intervention from Flowers may force the subject though. Seems a divisive character all round and is probably better concentrating on the cash matches.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2012, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 20, 2012, 11:08:45 PM

Can't see KP getting an invite from Strauss after the "doos" comments, intervention from Flowers may force the subject though. Seems a divisive character all round and is probably better concentrating on the cash matches.

What was that comment? Sunday Times reckons he advised (via text) SA to bowl round the wicket to Strauss.

No way back if true. Can you imagine Jimmy McGuinness putting up with that?

Still, if I was KP and the IPL was offering me £1.3 mill, I know where my loyalties would lie.