The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

rory

Norf Tyrone

Holy geez...waht a long day that was. Watched Man U this morning, then a wee bit of the Rugby. Into town and watched Chelsea with half an eye on the France game. Someone flicked it over to the Cricket and I shouted louder than I meant to 'holy f**k Pakistan 65-6!!!'

Out to the house, when Pakistan were all out, and told her indoors I am watching this, but'll def be over for 9:30 at the latest. I blamed the rain.

Fantastic display by Ireland. Unreal. Only Zimbabwe beating Pakistan and West Indies now can deny Ireland their passage to the super 8, although if Zimbabwe win one of those two it'll come down to run rate.

Great day for the Tyronies too, messrs Rankin, Porterfield and sub Gillespie!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

Quote from: dec on March 17, 2007, 11:02:37 PM
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto,General Zia-ul-Haq,Benazir Bhutto,Imran Khan,Jahangir Khan,Pervez Musharraf! Can you hear me Pervez Musharraf ? Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!

You can stick your Muhammad Ali Jinnah up yer arse!

Tonto

Unbelievably fantastic. ;D

fearglasmor

magickingdom

legends!!! listened to it on newstalk and it was brilliant esp after the rugby...

corn02

Whta A World Cup for the Irish, just getting to grasps with the rules but it has been fantastic. Still have not seen the Pakistan coverage but sounds like they played terrific. Is the super 8 just another word for quarter final?

corn02

Even a single tie in them eight games would be considered superb by the Irish yes?

ONeill

I suppose that's the downside - we're going to get a few wallopings!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Jebus, God have mercy on him, most have been the preasure of the game.  :(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stephenite

magickingdom

Rufus T Firefly

Very sorry to hear this - I remember him featuring for England, and batted at number four (I think). Tributes to him today are lauding him as a great innovator in the cricket world.

May He Rest In Peace.

Hound

Is there any suggestion that this might have been anything other than natural causes....

Or a just a coincidence that it occured in the aftermath of Pakistan's worst ever defeat.

Thankfully I've never suffered from pressure or stress, but I would have thought it would be highest in the build-up and during the pressure sitatuion. With Pakistan out and his contract up, would that not have eliminated the pressure as it was a fait accompli...