Pontzpass

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, August 20, 2007, 11:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I have a friend who is thinking about buying a house in Pontzpass village, but he knows nothing about the area or the village.
Was wondering if any of you good people (Down/Armagh/Tony/etc...) could provide any information on the place, pubs, GAA clubs, proximity to anywhere, facilities and services, etc...?

Thanks in advance.
Tbc....

5 Sams

I think I'll let somebody else answer this one :P
The Aristocrat Years

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 20, 2007, 02:55:39 PM
I think I'll let somebody else answer this one :P

Yeah already know that the bould Tony lives there, but the mate wouldn't know who he is.
Tbc....

5 Sams

Well apart from that....its a grand spot....its about 9 miles from Newry.....a few grand wee pubs....its even got a railway station!! One football club...ground is just on the way into the village coming in from the Newry direction. John Raffety is probably the most famous player from the club and I think he's still involved at underage level.

I know a few people who have decided to buy a house in the Poyntzpass area probably due to exorbitant house prices in Newry and they are happy enough
The Aristocrat Years

Billys Boots

Quoteits even got a railway station

Don't forget the credit union!   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Thanks 5sams but would you live there?
Need more info people!
Tbc....

Armagh4SamAgain

Is quiet a nice place. I woudnt mind livin there. Its cross cumminuty so it is, and theres a new building on the main st that is used fo it.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Orior

I was born and bred in Poyntzpass, so I think I'm qualified to answer. I'll need to run a credit rating on your friend Gothair before I can offer any advice. Also need to check out your friend's gaelic football pedigree.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

You wouldnt be tough enough to live in the Pass, hardstation.

Orior

T Fearon

A good enough spot to live but its not Cannes by any stretch of the imagination. Community is a bit clickish (though to be honest I never really bother with people) and the village closes down completely at 9pm of a weeknight. Amazingly there's only one grocery shop/petrol station but about three hairdressers/ beauticians. Don't think there's a great pile of crack in any of the three pubs, though as I say I do not frequent them much. Brian Canavan and myself would be the area's most famous residents, followed closely by the Best Brothers (Rugby Internationals), John Rafferty and Orior.

It is well located and handy enough for Belfast (Lisburn Newry dual carriageway only 4 miles away)

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2007, 11:18:15 AM
Brian Canavan and myself would be the area's most famous residents

:D :D
The notion you have of yourself is nearly as big as your waist size