Holidays

Started by john mcgill, July 04, 2007, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

Where are we all off to this summer?  I'm hitting California and Mexico. Knowing my luck I'll take the rain with me.
Anyway enjoy the holidays

Tyrones own

Quote from: john mcgill on July 04, 2007, 08:31:35 PM
Where are we all off to this summer?  I'm hitting California and Mexico. Knowing my luck I'll take the rain with me.
Anyway enjoy the holidays

We could be doing with a drop of rain here John, in the mid 90's today 8)
Man the Dos Equis are going down quere sweet!
Home if i can......................Sept would be nice ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orior

I'm off to the Kingdom shortly.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lynchbhoy

was thinking of southern italy
then decided we wanted to do two weeks checking out south of France and Bordeaux Wine

then I realised the other day that that f**king ruby world cup is on
so back to the drawing board
Puglia, Dubai, Tanzinia, Zanzibar or maye thailand again

Gabriel_Hurl

NYC for 5 days at the beginning of August

Cuba or Dominican for a week in September - home the day before the AIF

The Real Laoislad

Thinking of Dubai anyone been before?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: hardstation on July 04, 2007, 10:24:03 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 04, 2007, 10:14:30 PM
was thinking of southern italy
then decided we wanted to do two weeks checking out south of France and Bordeaux Wine

then I realised the other day that that f**king ruby world cup is on
so back to the drawing board
Puglia, Dubai, Tanzinia, Zanzibar or maye thailand again
First I, then we, then I again. Just admit it like I did, it's not your choice. ;)

BTW, we could be heroes just for one day.
funnily enough is is just I
who books and decides the holidays

couldnt leave it up to the wife
we'd never get anywhere
(certainly anywhere decent anyway)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 04, 2007, 10:29:00 PM
NYC for 5 days at the beginning of August

Cuba or Dominican for a week in September - home the day before the AIF
Presume you are in Canada as you wouldnt get in from the USA

Cuba is a great holiday
Belive the Dom Rep is dangerous if you venture outside of your hotel complex/compound

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 04, 2007, 10:39:05 PM
Thinking of Dubai anyone been before?
yep
its a strange place
nice beaches in jumeriah, thought its full on building sites all round the place

good for guaranteed sun, cheap top quality gold
poor for quality of cost in terms of accom,food, plus value for money
Best time to go Sept - Nov
best flight and hotel prices

if you can get a good deal, get a hotel not surrounded by building works then its worth a visit

ludermor

booked a wee excursion to new zealand for a month for christmas, a while to wait but will be worth it . got a week in thailand coming back to clean out the pipes

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on July 04, 2007, 10:50:34 PM
booked a wee excursion to new zealand for a month for christmas, a while to wait but will be worth it . got a week in thailand coming back to clean out the pipes

New Zealand is great,Get yourself down to Queenstown and Milford Sound in the South Island
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rois

Next holiday -  Chamonix in January!!!  Scary what a crippling mortgage is doing to me.

But would definately prefer two ski hols to a sunny one.  So booked January flights to keep me going.

ludermor

yeah was there 5 years ago, made it as far as queestown alright but didnt make it milford sound. its on the list this time

5 Sams

QuoteBelive the Dom Rep is dangerous if you venture outside of your hotel complex/compound

Not dangerous you'll just be pestered for dollars....was there in January and made a few excursions outside the complex.....lovely people and lovely country.......but real poverty outside the hotel resorts.....people living in tinhuts on the side of the road....but still I would advise you to make a few excursions to see the real world.

As for me two weeks in Ventry this year.... ;D
The Aristocrat Years

girt_giggler

Quote from: hardstation on July 04, 2007, 10:06:39 PM
Salou for my sins. Does anybody out there know how to get out from under a thumb? Or any good bars I can go to when I send her shopping in Barcalona for a day?

me & the mrs been 3 times, although not in the past 5 years odd.  loved it each time hence why we kept going back. at that stage it was an up-coming resort, very clean etc but I belive now it has went downhill slightly, i assume since the Brits started going regularly. 

Of all the Med resorts ive been to it has easily the best beach ive ever seen. trip to Port Aventura is a must, as is Barca