One for the mathematical genuises out there!!

Started by Bogball XV, July 04, 2007, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Cheers all, I found a visual basic programme on the net (an excel language), between my own eliminations and that I was able change it around a bit to suit my needs, I was able to reduce the variable numbers to 16 - the VB programme was able to calculate all the possible combinations for those 16 and I was able to get sorted.
Thanks again.

lynchbhoy

take some sleeping tablets and get a life Bogball !  :D

heading up this weekend?

Bogball XV

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 04, 2007, 10:18:21 PM
take some sleeping tablets and get a life Bogball !  :D

heading up this weekend?
Not to worry, wasn't for pleasure.
Re the weekend, probably not going up as I hear there's not much point - but I might anyway.

Orior

Proof that 1 = 0.9999999....

Consider that 1/3 = 0.333333....

then multiply each side by 3

3 * 1/3 = 3 * 0.333333...

and so, hey presto!

1 = 0.99999....

Q.E.D.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FL/MAYO

ONeill

There's a TV crowd out there who deal with these types of problems Bogball and I've never known them to fail. They're called Numberjacks. If you email them I guarantee you they'll sort you out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/about_cbeebies/shows/numberjacks_about.shtml
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

phpearse

ever try beatin' nails into a metal plate FL/Mayo

Hound

Quote from: phpearse on July 05, 2007, 08:22:36 AM
ever try beatin' nails into a metal plate FL/Mayo
;D

In any event the answer would be 132

34x2 + 32x2

only count the corner nails once

Bogball - well done on finding your answer, but you made some ballix of explaining whatever the question was!

Bogball XV

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2007, 07:52:20 AM
There's a TV crowd out there who deal with these types of problems Bogball and I've never known them to fail. They're called Numberjacks. If you email them I guarantee you they'll sort you out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/about_cbeebies/shows/numberjacks_about.shtml
That could have saved me 3 days work!!
Quote from: Hound on July 05, 2007, 08:26:55 AM
Bogball - well done on finding your answer, but you made some ballix of explaining whatever the question was!
That's the problem with trying to get subbies in to do your work - you can't let them see the full picture (or else they'd be running off with the full job at half the price).