Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 09:32:51 AM
Quote from: cornetto on June 25, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Kildare v mayo standout game, mayo with a lot of injuries kildare slowly building up a head of steam.
Home advantage to shade it for kildare???
As for the others Tyrone ,monaghan,Armagh.
Am I right in saying fermanagh and Monahan can't meet in round 4?

Two injuries both midfielders. While a Keegan,D O Connor midfield pairing will likely cause Kildare all types of problems. Mayo 1-19 Kildare 1-12 in St Conleth's Park, Newbridge already this year would expect something similar for this game.

Cavan v Tyrone would have been more interesting if Cavan didn't have players suspended and if they had a home game. Clare Armagh two sides around the same level though home advantage should shade it for Armagh.  Monaghan by 10 plus points

I take it that Tyrone v Cavan game is likely to be Brewster park?

Perhaps Clones would be best this time. Plenty of room for everyone and the pitch is in great nick.

Quote from: yellowcard on June 25, 2018, 10:05:43 AM
The fact that Kerry scored 32 points in 70 minutes should be enough to answer your question, almost a score every 2 minutes.

Let's hope Armagh are half as good as Kerry and we can score 16, while keeping Clare to less than that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2018, 10:11:22 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 09:32:51 AM
Quote from: cornetto on June 25, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Kildare v mayo standout game, mayo with a lot of injuries kildare slowly building up a head of steam.
Home advantage to shade it for kildare???
As for the others Tyrone ,monaghan,Armagh.
Am I right in saying fermanagh and Monahan can't meet in round 4?

Two injuries both midfielders. While a Keegan,D O Connor midfield pairing will likely cause Kildare all types of problems. Mayo 1-19 Kildare 1-12 in St Conleth's Park, Newbridge already this year would expect something similar for this game.

Cavan v Tyrone would have been more interesting if Cavan didn't have players suspended and if they had a home game. Clare Armagh two sides around the same level though home advantage should shade it for Armagh.  Monaghan by 10 plus points

I take it that Tyrone v Cavan game is likely to be Brewster park?

Clones is Cavsns designated home ground.

Well that changes it slightly, Tyrone have  a decent record there also. It will be tight but this match could go either way.

yellowcard

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 10:13:07 AM
Other than Roscommon, I'm struggling to make the case for any other provincial loser getting into the Super 8s.

Winner of Armagh v Clare will be the one that the provincial losers will be hoping for.

It is still probable (depending on the draw) that the super 8's could be made up of 7 division one sides. Which shows just how entirely predictable the early stages of the championship are. The League is still the best indicator of form and ranking. 

Jinxy

Which is exactly the way it should be.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gmac

Quote from: yellowcard on June 25, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
Other than Roscommon, I'm struggling to make the case for any other provincial loser getting into the Super 8s.

Winner of Armagh v Clare will be the one that the provincial losers will be hoping for.

It is still probable (depending on the draw) that the super 8's could be made up of 7 division one sides. Which shows just how entirely predictable the early stages of the championship are. The League is still the best indicator of form and ranking.
was this a completely random draw ? Looks a bit suspicious if not

Syferus

Shock horror that the best teams win more matches. I don't think this is half as incisive as you think it is.

armaghniac

Fermanagh cannot get Armagh or Monaghan, so if Armagh win then Fermanagh are going to get Mayo/Kildare or Cavan/Tyrone.
Consequently, the other provincial losers have a better chance of getting Armagh, if they beat Clare.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

Shock horror that the best teams win more matches. I don't think this is half as incisive as you think it is.

I'm not particularly claiming incisiveness merely making an observation.

I would argue that there is a top 10 with 4 counties yo-yoing between divisions 1 and 2 and most people would have picked 8 out of these 10 teams as being their super 8 predictions at the outset which looks like it could come to fruition. 

Itchy

As I pointed out in the Super 8 thread, there is a huge amount of luck of the draw about who can make it. You could easily of had Monaghan v Cavan and Tyrone v Mayo in the qualifiers which would straight away open the door to 2 Div2/3 teams possibly getting in there and then we'd have people saying the league tells you nothing.

Its serious luck that many of the big teams got such fortunate draws, again.

shark

Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 10:59:04 AM
As I pointed out in the Super 8 thread, there is a huge amount of luck of the draw about who can make it. You could easily of had Monaghan v Cavan and Tyrone v Mayo in the qualifiers which would straight away open the door to 2 Div2/3 teams possibly getting in there and then we'd have people saying the league tells you nothing.

Its serious luck that many of the big teams got such fortunate draws, again.

Luck  ;D

Rossfan

"Could easily of had"
Red card Itchy >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Gmac on June 25, 2018, 10:36:25 AM

was this a completely random draw ? Looks a bit suspicious if not

Why? Had it have been Mayo v Tyrone or Monaghan people would still say fix. I think it's an Irish phenomena. Everything's a bloody fix,  so long as it disadvantages my sports team.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
"Could easily of had"

Its only a black for shite grammar. Correcting shite grammar however is a straight red.

Orior

Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
"Could easily of had"

Its only a black for shite grammar. Correcting shite grammar however is a straight red.

Break it up!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Westside

Quote from: Orior on June 25, 2018, 01:20:51 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
"Could easily of had"

Break it up!

Third man in, straight red.