2010 BDO World Darts.

Started by upmonaghansayswe, January 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: bennydorano on January 13, 2013, 07:34:53 PM
Too easy for Scotty, he'd be more than fit for PDC, he's turned them down before, wonder was he looking the kudos of a World Title before jumping ship?

Whats the average score for three darts for a bdo and pdc player??

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Hound on January 07, 2013, 02:57:12 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2013, 02:36:40 PM
Barneveld was playing BDO for years before making the move to PDC.

In common with many players. I just looked up the top 16 in the PDC rankings to see how many have not played in the BDO world championships. I was expecting it to be very few, but its actually 6 (Lewis, Hamilton, Newton, Pipe, Nicholson, TJenkins).

Jenkins definitely played BDO. Waites will surely be tempted to make the switch now.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

rodney trotter

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 13, 2013, 07:37:17 PM

In common with many players. I just looked up the top 16 in the PDC rankings to see how many have not played in the BDO world championships. I was expecting it to be very few, but its actually 6 (Lewis, Hamilton, Newton, Pipe, Nicholson, TJenkins).

Jenkins definitely played BDO. Waites will surely be tempted to make the switch now.

I'd say it's only inevitable that he makes the mover. He was a lot more relaxed and confident compard to O Shea. Doubt Tony will ever win it. Can't hack it in the finals.

From the Bunker

Too easy for Scotty, he'd be more than fit for PDC, he's turned them down before, wonder was he looking the kudos of a World Title before jumping ship?

Yeah, I'd say so. BDO title is not what it was a few years ago, but it is still a nice title to win. I think i noticed that the players/commentators/etc have been calling it the Lakeside title rather than the World title?

bennydorano

Quote from: theticklemister on January 13, 2013, 07:37:08 PM

Whats the average score for three darts for a bdo and pdc player??
No idea, Pdc by a mile i'd imagine. Waites has won an open tourament thou, Grand Slam of Darts, beating all the PDC had to offer. Listening to Waites there, he doesn't sound like a man about to move, down to earth working man type.

Tony Baloney

Some horrible darts there this evening. The highlight being Waite's score of 7 (1, T1, 3)!  ;D

Hound

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 13, 2013, 07:37:17 PM

Jenkins never played at BDO World Championships. Andy Jenkins did alright, but not Terry.

Jeez Waites-O'Shea was a terribly poor final. Nearly 20 years since the winner didnt have a 90+ average. Waites averaged 86 overall, and only got over 90 in two of the eight sets.

Be interesting to see what Waites does next. He is the best in the BDO, and had O'Shea pushed him I'm sure he'd have played better. But I think other than the year of the initial split, no current BDO world champion has ever defected. Premier League spots have already been allocated so that's not an option either.

Franko

BDO Championship - 3 dart average - 84.96
PDC Championship - 3 dart average - 91.14

From the Bunker

BDO world Championship starts on the weekend. Wonder how much life is left in this competition? Every year there are less and less of the familiar names.

bennydorano

Robbie Green (4th seed) looked deadly there, 9/1 with Bet365 to win outright, think i'll have a bit of that (scud alert).

DownFanatic

Know nothing about darts. PDC better than BDO? Much crossover between players?

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on January 05, 2014, 11:37:33 PM
Robbie Green (4th seed) looked deadly there, 9/1 with Bet365 to win outright, think i'll have a bit of that (scud alert).

To be fair Boy George wasn't up to much.

Sidney

A great tournament where the real darts fans gather at the home of darts to watch in a friendly, convivial atmosphere, thankfully far removed from the drunken Oi Oi Oi brigade of the pdc (pathetic, drunk crowd).

Lakeside is always one of the sporting highlights of the year.

BDO = Best Darts Organisation.

Syferus

Quote from: Sidney on January 06, 2014, 12:02:25 AM
A great tournament where the real darts fans gather at the home of darts to watch in a friendly, convivial atmosphere, thankfully far removed from the drunken Oi Oi Oi brigade of the pdc (pathetic, drunk crowd).

Lakeside is always one of the sporting highlights of the year.

BDO = Best Darts Organisation.

It always makes for vaguely depressing viewing for me. Sky nailed darts. Darts can be very easily boring and by going over the top they hit on the forumla that works in pro wrestling, boxing and MMA. It's a show because it needs to be.

The BDO almost murdered darts as a spectator sport.