2010 BDO World Darts.

Started by upmonaghansayswe, January 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyman

wolfie is 1/10 to win 3-0, bet of the season!

upmonaghansayswe

Didn`t even get a shot at a double i dont think? Shame that it got the 7 o clock slot.

SambaSaffron

Was the big man pissed? Your man Gurney looks a bit of a twat. Wheres McCloskey from?

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rav67

Wouldn;t get snobby about the BDO, obviously good players graduate from it- its the natural progression as the BDO governs county darts, and good players will progress up the ladder from their pub team to the county and will then enter the BDO Championship.  If they are ambitious types they will go to the PDC eventually.

2 years ago the PDC Championships had low enough averages when Part won it, and there wasn;t much difference in standard from the QFs onwards that year- Webster, Whitlock etc all very impressive that year in the BDO tournament.  There seems to be a massive gap in standard this year however.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Rav67 on January 04, 2010, 10:10:49 PM
Wouldn;t get snobby about the BDO, obviously good players graduate from it- its the natural progression as the BDO governs county darts, and good players will progress up the ladder from their pub team to the county and will then enter the BDO Championship.  If they are ambitious types they will go to the PDC eventually.

2 years ago the PDC Championships had low enough averages when Part won it, and there wasn;t much difference in standard from the QFs onwards that year- Webster, Whitlock etc all very impressive that year in the BDO tournament.  There seems to be a massive gap in standard this year however.

With the BDO still at the first round stage, is it not a bit early to be comparing the difference in standard this year??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Archie Mitchell

No. It's even poor at this early stage.

upmonaghansayswe

Marty McCloskey ("The Fox", and by God he does look like one) marches on to Round 2. !!! Great stuff last night. Was 1-1, 2 up in the 3rd and blew it but showed a stealy nerve to win the 4th and 5th. If you saw it last night and what it meant to him and his Donegal faithful you couldn`t but be pleased for him. (Thats before some killjoy reminds us of the gulf in class) Gary Thompson awaits, (i think) who beat Ross Montgomery. Marty has a damn good shout i reckon and i hope he can pull it off! Only disappointment was i was sure the "Hills of Donegal" would be gettin a rattle but how and ever we`ll get over it.  Come on The Fox!!!! :)

quit yo jibbajabba

thon big aussie guy had to be p1ssed; jees that first leg was poor! did he improve much/get any steadier on the feet?

wheres yer man gurney from?

stpauls

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 05, 2010, 12:32:17 PM
wheres yer man gurney from?

i think he is from Omagh, as he had a sponser badge on his shirt that said The Weigh Inn Bar, Omagh.

upmonaghansayswe

Gurney is from Derry, sorry Londonderry as he would prefer!. No Mr.Fleet couldn`t even master the art of transferring a dart from left hand to right without dropping it. Basic error at this level :). Kinda felt sorry for him. Travelling half way around the world for that.

Bitta-Banter

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Rav67

Had heard about this Fleet chap but just seeing it there now.  Had assumed he was suffering from that terrible affliction 'dartitis' but he just seems to be a bag of nerves.

Gurney's match was exciting, if he and McCloskey both win 2nd round it will set up an all-Ireland tussle...