Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: ziggysego on May 19, 2007, 06:38:26 PM
I can't get tomorrow. Dosed with the cold. Couldn't even go to Greencastle's game last night against Urney. :(

Damn the weekend's long when there's no football to go too!

disappointed ziggy. thought you were a die hard. the only way i'll miss a harps or tyrone game is when im six feet under!

btw only joking u know!

ziggysego

Congratulations to the Tyrone Senior Ladies, Tyrone Senior Men and the Tyrone Minor lads on your wins today.
Testing Accessibility

parttimeexile

Quote from: ziggysego on May 20, 2007, 04:18:25 PM
Congratulations to the Tyrone Senior Ladies, Tyrone Senior Men and the Tyrone Minor lads on your wins today.

Is there a report on the tyrone minor game anywhere?

laceer

just found out what way the kerry championship works-there are a number of divisional teams entered in the senior championship as well as the senior club teams.these divisional teams are made up of players from intermediate and junior clubs.could something like this work in tyrone?would be interesting..what would the divisions be?who would pick the teams?

tyroneboi

I dont think a system like this would work in tyrone. Dont know much about kerry club football but there are some serious rivalries in tyrone football and for teams to join up for championship matches would be hard to do. It would cause too many arguments and rows.

ziggysego

I heard that the team Greencastle played in the All-Ireland Club Final in March (Duagh) were eligable to play in the Kerry Senior Championship, but opted to stay in the Junior ranks.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I agree - imagine trying to pick a team from Ardboe, Moortown, Brocagh, Derrytresk,Derrylaughan, Clonoe, Coalisland, Stewartstown ??

Imagine even trying to pick a team from Moortown and Ardboe ?? It wouldn't be easy and there be manys a row !!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Spangler

The Kerry system minimises the amount of clubs involved in the championship and therefore less pressure on the system when the county team is on a good run in the All Ireland championship.  A Kerry solution for a Kerry problem!!

laceer

just a suggestion

Quote from: orangeman on May 21, 2007, 03:36:33 PM
I agree - imagine trying to pick a team from Ardboe, Moortown, Brocagh, Derrytresk,Derrylaughan, Clonoe, Coalisland, Stewartstown ??

Imagine even trying to pick a team from Moortown and Ardboe ?? It wouldn't be easy and there be manys a row !!!!!!!!!!!!

agree it would be difficult but ardboe, derrylaughan,clonoe, coalisland and stewartstown would all be playing in the senior championship (going on current tables)

would give players from smaller clubs the chance to play in the o neill cup..would def be interesting picking the teams though!!!

ziggysego

McGuigan could make Ulster final   

Tyrone have received a boost with the news that playmaker Brian McGuigan could be back in action much sooner than anticipated.

The Ardboe forawrd was expected to miss the entire Ulster SFC before undergoing surgery last Friday for an eye injury suffered in a club game.

Following the successful operation it is now hoped that he will be back playing in six to eight weeks.

That means McGuigan could play in the final on 15 July - if Tyrone make it.

He had been playing for Ardboe reserves, in a bid to accelerate his rehabilitation from a broken leg sustained more than a year ago, when he picked up the eye injury.

The double All-Ireland winner and former Allstar had already suffered a setback in his recovery from the injury, and had to have an operation to rectify a related ankle problem.

McGuigan has not played for Tyrone since the 2005 All-Ireland final, in which he starred in the victory over Kerry.

Tyrone's injury crisis is showing further signs of easing, with Stephen O'Neill expecting to be fit for the semi-final after missing Sunday's win over Fermanagh with a hamstring injury.

Gerard Cavlan, Owen Mulligan and Enda McGinley, all unable to start due to injury, were introduced as substitutes and came through without any problems.

McGuigan's return could give manager Mickey Harte welcome selection problems.

His younger brother Tommy was handed the famous number 11 jersey for the clash with Fermanagh and he made a sensational debut, scoring three superb points from play.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6677467.stm

Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

I don't think Brian will be pulling on a Tyrone jersey for this championship. If he gets back to club football I think he would be happy enough.

orangeman

The BBC website talks some rubbish - Brian needs to get his vision back - so far everything is still a blur - some people talk some shite !

Orior

I'm damned glad that Tyrone didnt draw on Sunday. Youse really needed the extra match to prepare for the semi. Yis are fecked.

Chow babies  :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on May 22, 2007, 12:07:06 AM
I'm damned glad that Tyrone didnt draw on Sunday. Youse really needed the extra match to prepare for the semi. Yis are fecked.

What do you care? It'll be Donegal we'll be meeting ;)
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on May 22, 2007, 12:09:31 AM
Quote from: Orior on May 22, 2007, 12:07:06 AM

What do you care? It'll be Donegal we'll be meeting ;)

You wish! But only if big Joseph decides to keep his powder dry :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians