Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread  (Read 3372946 times)

mackers

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread
« Reply #38610 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:45 PM »
It's his positional sense. He's like a Jack Russell chasing 3 tennis balls at the same time.
;D ;D ;D
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38611 on: December 11, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
I think Henderson is a decent honest footballer, but Keita arrives and his number is up. Not sure Can is any different, stronger  but slower than JH. Henderson didn't have anything to offer to break down the massed defence. Salahs goal was excellent and created from nothing, he never actually looks at goal between getting the ball and shooting. That individual ability to break a defence is required at this level. Mane had a stinker.
Lovren is too prone to mistakes, as is mignolet, both surely on borrowed time. Klavan is a stop gap who did well yesterday. Robertson did well given lack of game time, Joe G is flying.

I'd rather Schmeichal than Van Dyke in January window. Also not clear to me what Liverpool would want with another winger.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #38612 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »
I think Henderson is a decent honest footballer, but Keita arrives and his number is up. Not sure Can is any different, stronger  but slower than JH. Henderson didn't have anything to offer to break down the massed defence. Salahs goal was excellent and created from nothing, he never actually looks at goal between getting the ball and shooting. That individual ability to break a defence is required at this level. Mane had a stinker.
Lovren is too prone to mistakes, as is mignolet, both surely on borrowed time. Klavan is a stop gap who did well yesterday. Robertson did well given lack of game time, Joe G is flying.

I'd rather Schmeichal than Van Dyke in January window. Also not clear to me what Liverpool would want with another winger.
Henderson's shot at the end is typical of his shortcomings. Poor composure and poor technique.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #38613 on: December 11, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »

Henderson's shot at the end is typical of his shortcomings. Poor composure and poor technique.

Henderson's biggest failing is he is not Stevie G. I don't mind him at all. You need creativity around him, but he's serviceable.

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #38614 on: December 11, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
Well to push someone, you have to extend your arms. Try and push something without extending your arms? If he saw that, then he gives a penalty. If he didn't then he's just guessing.
How far do you have to extend your arms?

Walk up behind someone with the backs of  your hands on  your chest, you barely have to bend your arms to make a pushing movement.

You're right, he's guessing. In my opinion, Lovren gave him enough reason to make the call. And, as it happens, I think it was a correct call.

I think that is fair enough, my only issue with the decision would be, if that is enough of a 'push' for a penalty, then surely there should be a penalty awarded at pretty much every single corner?
It was certainly very soft, but either way , it was really poor defending from Lovren. First to lose the flight of the ball and get caught under it, and then secondly to get that close to a player who was moving away from goal and have very little chance of getting a  shot away and no support up with him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #38615 on: December 12, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »
Burnley are now in the top four.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #38616 on: December 13, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
Plenty of changes tonight. Karius in goal. Gomez out TAA in. Hendo out Can in.
Fab 4 back together though.
Liverpool XI vs. West Brom: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38617 on: December 13, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »
Some strike force tonight, Klopp picking the team the media wants
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38618 on: December 13, 2017, 09:37:42 PM »
Great price now... 2/1
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #38619 on: December 13, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »
Well that was frustrating to watch. As poor as they have  played in a long time. Nothing came off tonight. 1-2 passes ,through balls nothing seemed to come off. Mane had another stinker.
Solanke goal maybe a bit unfairly disallowed for handball but apart from that they created very little.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #38620 on: December 13, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
Solonke Goal was hand ball. No arguments there! A lot of huffing and puffing.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #38621 on: December 13, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »
Heard the woodwork saved you a point tonight? Lucky enough?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #38622 on: December 13, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
Looks like the Fab Four were playing with the Secret Seven??

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #38623 on: December 13, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
Solonke Goal was hand ball. No arguments there! A lot of huffing and puffing.
Yes it hit his hand but it wasn't a deliberate handball.
It hit another part of him first and brushed off his arm/hand. There wasn't much he could do about it.I thought it was very unlucky to be disallowed.
Plenty of huff and puff alright apart from that though.
WBA while they parked the bus for long periods actually attacked more than say Man United  and Everton combined when they played at Anfield and could maybe have nicked one themselves.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:18:58 PM by laoislad »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38624 on: December 13, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »
Big difference between WBA and Utd in the league though, so thatís a stupid point