The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 06, 2018, 05:34:34 PM
FSG have net spent €70 million in 8 years

that's one years tv money.
a selling club

You're all tender today. It will pass. Although the knowledge that a charlatan like Sam Allardyce is managing Everton would put me in bad form too if I supported them.

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 06, 2018, 05:34:34 PM
FSG have net spent €70 million in 8 years

that's one years tv money.
a selling club
Salty.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

FSG have tried and failed to bring the sort of money-management style that flies in US sports. Football is much more reckless and open to the highest bidder so that approach is never going to net the desired results. You have to spend to be at big boys table in England or Europe.

Gabriel_Hurl

Yeah - but what position does Keita play?

trileacman

Countinho must be forcing the issue. I think people are being a bit hard on the club. I can't imagine at the start of the window the board said "oh f**k yes let's sell him now".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

manfromdelmonte

he has basically paid €15 million himself to leave LFC

TabClear

Quote from: trileacman on January 06, 2018, 06:15:46 PM
Countinho must be forcing the issue. I think people are being a bit hard on the club. I can't imagine at the start of the window the board said "oh f**k yes let's sell him now".

I think that as well but I can't understand why Couthino would be? I'm sure he wiuld have played more for Liverpool than  Barca over the next few months which in a World Cup year you think would appeal? Yes he will likely get a la liga  medal but will have to sit out the Champion League?

JoG2

It just epitomises the absolute lunacy of the game. A club sells a euro tied player (a move that will have serious implications on the rest of Liverpool's season) to one of the only 2 non selling clubs in the world who don't need him at this point in their season. PC was central to Liverpool's champions league campaign. Be interesting to see if the wheels don't come off.

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on January 06, 2018, 06:24:24 PM

It just epitomises the absolute lunacy of the game. A club sells a euro tied player (a move that will have serious implications on the rest of Liverpool's season) to one of the only 2 non selling clubs in the world who don't need him at this point in their season. PC was central to Liverpool's champions league campaign. Be interesting to see if the wheels don't come off.
While he will be a loss he isn't as big a loss as say Suarez was.
I can't see the wheels coming off that much to be honest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Quote from: TabClear on January 06, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

I think that as well but I can't understand why Couthino would be? I'm sure he wiuld have played more for Liverpool than  Barca over the next few months which in a World Cup year you think would appeal? Yes he will likely get a la liga  medal but will have to sit out the Champion League?

He is probably doubling his wages plus at this stage it is evident that Liverpool are unlikely to win anything so it's understandable that he is off to the sun where he will likely pick up a medal or 2 at the end of the season.

trileacman

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

I can.

On countinho when you want to leave a job you want to leave. They obviously stalled him in the summer somehow but I'd say he wishes he'd have went on then and was counting the days until he could leave since.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2018, 05:34:08 PM
Firmino continued to mouth after the Son of a whore comment. Holgate only reacted after the second set of verbals. So either Firmino said something, or Holgate thought he did. The ref was closer to Firmino than Holgate was, so if something was said in English, surely he'd have heard it? If it was said in Portuguese, I'm not sure Holgate would have understood it.

If he said something racist, he deserves to be banned. I can't see how he could have, given the proximity of the ref and the other players.

If he did, he's an idiot considering a) he's darker than Holgate (!) and b) his team mates last night included Gomez, TAA, Van Dijk, Matip, Gigi, Mane, and Oxlade Chamberlain.

Footballers are stupid, but that would take a special kind of stupid. I can't see it.

Obviously very stupid if he did, but he was clearly very pissed off after being launched into the crowd. People do and say stupid things they don't mean and later regret in the heat of the moment. Hopefully it didn't involve racist abuse ( which would be surprising given his own circumstances, where he is from, and the people he plays and mixes with), but if it did, he'll have to pay the penalty. But given how many were there, including the ref, I'm skeptical, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully for both their sakes it was a language misunderstanding.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

Maybe not, but Coutinho is often the difference maker for Liverpool in tight games. His genius and ability to create something out of nothing in tight spaces 30 yards out will not be easily replaced.

gawa316

Just don't get the sense in this at all...why play billy big balls in the summer to just bend over and take it up the arse now? Even if we do spend the money, whose to say the players brought in will hit the ground running...

Syferus

Quote from: gawa316 on January 06, 2018, 07:18:08 PM
Just don't get the sense in this at all...why play billy big balls in the summer to just bend over and take it up the arse now? Even if we do spend the money, whose to say the players brought in will hit the ground running...

The player usually wins no matter how hardline the gesturing by the selling club is. Even Barca themselves learnt that in spectacular fashion last summer.