gaaboard.com @ Facebook

Started by ziggysego, December 01, 2008, 01:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on December 02, 2008, 10:28:42 PM
I think this experiment is doomed to failure.

The number of posters who are happy enough to have their names known to people they relatively trust (i.e. long standing members of the board)
Vs, the number of posters who are happy to sign up annonymously  to maybe try and get some kind of scoop on someones real identification.

Ziggy I think you need to re-think the issuing of poster names. I think anyone should be free to sign up, but if you want to become friends with another person, its only right they know "who" (in terms of your fake gaaboard name) you really* are.

I agree...Very hard to invite someone from their real name,even though you could get on really well through your usernames
You'll Never Walk Alone.

el_cuervo_fc

;D

my post was a wind up, seems to have worked

Puckoon

People were talking over you. Keep those under britches on and stay away from the apples and onions.

The Real Laoislad

Its funny....people are happy to post their pictures and real names but not their username on here..  :D
The world is gone mad
You'll Never Walk Alone.

el_cuervo_fc

address, D.O.B. and bank details everyone?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 02, 2008, 10:30:38 PMI agree...Very hard to invite someone from their real name,even though you could get on really well through your usernames

all you have to do in the request message is include your username in the request

stephenite

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 02, 2008, 10:32:05 PM
Its funny....people are happy to post their pictures and real names but not their username on here..  :D
The world is gone mad

People have said a lot of things assuming the cloak of anonymity - things could get hairy once that cloak has been removed.

Orior

Where's the risk of being outed? How can you map Facebook names to GAA board handles?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Where there are hairy surprises under cloaks Orior - there are risks of outing.

Orior

Well, being a gaelic loving gay muslim transvestite with a weakness for sheep who hunts owc fanatics as a pastime, i've nothing to hide.

Puckoon

Whats behind that glass eye then?

Orior

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2008, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 02, 2008, 10:32:05 PM
The world is gone mad

People have said a lot of things assuming the cloak of anonymity - things could get hairy once that cloak has been removed.

I agree stephenite, I really feel people disclosing their names will end in tears. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

wherefromreferee?

66 members and growing I see...
In your Endo!

thejuice

Facebooks a good tool for staying in touch with friends but the whole thing of people inviting you to add useless applications does my head in. I like mine clutter free.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016