Started by GetOverTheBar, January 15, 2021, 01:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:09:50 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:55:07 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 10:38:46 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:28:47 AM
You're living in fantasy land as you ran away when you were made a fool of on this the last time but nice to see you align yourself with the likes of Lenny here.

We do need to mind going Canavan. Ronan O'Neill is a classic example of what can happen an underage star forward who is moved up to senior level goo quick and not properly handled on a physical level.

I think it was at the mention of O'Neill that you took for the gills last time around.

I think it would be wiser for not to project your own contradictions onto me.
You were the fool. I left you howling at the moon after you randomly mistaken me for another poster and I jumped all over it and caught you out. It was comedy gold. Therefore I said good luck and spared you the chance of further embarrassment as I'd already explained my points thoroughly, as you get on like a broken record and regurgitate the same thing post after post. I see that still irks at you.

But anyway back to the point. This was about your contradictory remark regarding size, that you used to beat another county with. You have now changed the subject to refer to a previous debate (because you have been caught as being a hypocrite), in which I thoroughly explained why canavan doesn't need to be minded. But you have been caught out and are back to projecting about a previous topic that has no relevance here.
You also claim to speak from some sort of pedestal of inventive attacking football, your county doesn't do that, and that it has been trained out of them as I said. You ignored this but funnily enough. So that is another moot point on your part.

Not sure what you're on about o neill, and for the record I'm not from derry, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy yet again and your arguments that don't add up.

Thoroughly explained?

Some revisionism there, what happened was you got caught talking out of your arse and ran away when I gave you countless examples of young lads who came through in Tyrone in recent years, were flogged, picked up a few bad injuries and didn't make an impact at senior county level. I have repeatedly stated that we need to be careful with Canavan, we need to patient with him and mind him. We have McCurry, Bradley, Brennan and McAliskey in the panel there this year, all much further down the road of their physical development. When you ran away the last time you did so on the provision that you don't think we need to be careful with our expectations and how we use a young player. I pointed out how on his Championship debut he had to be withdrawn after shipping a heavy knock.

You seem to be of the opinion we should not show any due care to a young talent like Canavan, we should attempt to curb expectations after one Championship experience and how we should not have to earn his sport against the likes of McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley and Brennan when those 5 players are effectively fighting it out for 2 positions.

It was at that point you ran off.

What I said on Derry is that they produce big lads with little attacking ability.

If you look at the elite level forwards about now - O'Callaghan, Kilkenny, Clifford, McManus, Murphy, McShane etc - they all have a real physical presence and real attacking ability. Derry don't produce players with attacking talent, they just produce big physical players.

Lenny wouldn't really know much about attacking football so I'm a bit puzzled that he is talking about that.
Yes, throughly explained. I explained why canavan didn't need to be minded and made a fool out of you and left you to howl at the wind after you accused me of saying something I didn't. You have no ability to debate which is why you regurgitate the same thing every post, and because you are bringing up a debate I already held you to account over. This is why your attempting to deflect from the fact that you have been found out again in this debate with more hypocrisy about your supposed jibe about size of derry and attempting to speak from a position of knowledge about attacking football, whereas in actual fact you're from Tyrone, so you're not.
And now because you know you have been found out, you're doing it all again, going round in circles and bringing up past irrelevant points to mask the fact that you're out of your depth. And I find myself here again, like trying to talk to a child. So I'll probably have to bit you adieu again, because the only way idiots survive in an debate is to bring you down to their level.

More revisionism. You explained nothing. You ran away when you were found to be talking out of your arse.

Plenty of insults there but I have relayed to you why what you are stating is absurd and just like when you ran away the last time. You can't respond.

Ronan O'Neill suffered an ACL at the age of 19 and never delivered on his potential. We should be very careful in how we handle a talent like Canavan. You have some brass neck to say I'm out of my depth when you ran for the hills last time around and still refuse to respond to the points I have outlined.

Your whole post there has absolutely nothing of subtstance, it's full of fantasy events that happened in your head. You ran away the last time after you couldn't tackle the points. Once again you have failed to tackle the points. We should be careful with Canavan, we should be very patient with him. His club have been extremely patient and careful with him so far and they should be credited with that because sometimes promising young players are flogged in the younger days. He's a 20 year old lad and we need to be mindful of that.

But I will repeat that we should be grateful that we don't have dinosaurs like you anywhere near Darragh Canavan at present.
This isn't the debate but I'll go over one more time, hopefully you'll get it into your head this time.
I explained numerous times and you went round in circles like you're doing so again. No insults there either, I don't need to resort to that. I couldn't give a flying fk about Ronan o Neill or whoever else, I took you apart in that debate about why canavan doesn't need to be minded and left you to howl at the wind, I had no call to repeat myself anymore. I won't get into that again, but because you're out of your depth you feel to need to deflect and bring up a past irrelevant debate.

On this one, I pointed out your hypocrisy of you thinking you're I n a position to talk about attacking inventive football and a derry poster isn't (you're not, you're from tyrone, where the slightest idea of off-the-cuff football is frowned upon, and methodical defensive snoozefests are encouraged) and your jibe about them only producing players with size, when in actual fact you were yapping because canavan didn't have the "size". Hypocrisy. That's all I have to say on both debates, hope that's clear enough for you. If I posted in the vaccine and coronavirus threads I'd have a field day pointing out your nonsensical hypocrisy, but the other lads save me the hassle as they do a good job of making you look like an eejit there too.

Angelo

Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 08:15:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 07:27:05 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 16, 2021, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2021, 10:01:36 AM
Jim and Harte will be remembered in 10/15 years time as the men who nearly destroyed football with their defensive crap. It's taken a great, skilful, resilient Dublin side to restore our faith in the beautiful game. Hopefully Kerry will return to their more attacking flair game and will provide with another great rivalry. I do think Tyrone will be a lot more attacking without Harte and they have some very good forwards also.

Yes, the game is so much more exciting now. Never been in a more healthy state.

Lenny is from Derry, they produce big agricultural footballers there so I'm not sure on why Lenny thinks he should be a spokesperson for what good attacking football should be. Derry have produced two good forwards in the past 30+ years and one of them was a Tyrone man.
Is that 35 years or less than that?

I'm just using 30+ years as a general term. Their AI winning team did not have any top class forwards. Some outstanding defenders and the best midfielder in the game at the time but a really ordinary forward line. Paddy Bradley and Muldoon were the only top level forwards Derry have produced in that time so I don't think Lenny is a person who knows what he is talking about when he mentions attacking football.

Derry have always been a team with a focus on size and defence unlike their neighbours Tyrone who have always produced players with attacking flair and inventive play.
You now have replaced 'good forwards' with 'top class forwards' - which is it?
Well?

You're the one making the distinction.
No - you wrote it, you replaced it and therefore made the distinction.

I will repeat again that I have made no distinction between good and top class. You seem to be the only one doing that.
I suspect that you realised your first comment was ridiculous and back-peddled.  Thought you were made of stronger stuff than that?

I'll once again state that I make no distinction between those two terms, you seem to be trying to do it on my behalf but you don't speak for me.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 01:22:20 PM
You're living in fantasy land as you ran away when you were made a fool of on this the last time but nice to see you align yourself with the likes of Lenny here.

We do need to mind going Canavan. Ronan O'Neill is a classic example of what can happen an underage star forward who is moved up to senior level goo quick and not properly handled on a physical level.

I think it was at the mention of O'Neill that you took for the gills last time around.

You were the fool. I left you howling at the moon after you randomly mistaken me for another poster and I jumped all over it and caught you out. It was comedy gold. Therefore I said good luck and spared you the chance of further embarrassment as I'd already explained my points thoroughly, as you get on like a broken record and regurgitate the same thing post after post. I see that still irks at you.

But anyway back to the point. This was about your contradictory remark regarding size, that you used to beat another county with. You have now changed the subject to refer to a previous debate (because you have been caught as being a hypocrite), in which I thoroughly explained why canavan doesn't need to be minded. But you have been caught out and are back to projecting about a previous topic that has no relevance here.
You also claim to speak from some sort of pedestal of inventive attacking football, your county doesn't do that, and that it has been trained out of them as I said. You ignored this but funnily enough. So that is another moot point on your part.

Not sure what you're on about o neill, and for the record I'm not from derry, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy yet again and your arguments that don't add up.

Thoroughly explained?

Some revisionism there, what happened was you got caught talking out of your arse and ran away when I gave you countless examples of young lads who came through in Tyrone in recent years, were flogged, picked up a few bad injuries and didn't make an impact at senior county level. I have repeatedly stated that we need to be careful with Canavan, we need to patient with him and mind him. We have McCurry, Bradley, Brennan and McAliskey in the panel there this year, all much further down the road of their physical development. When you ran away the last time you did so on the provision that you don't think we need to be careful with our expectations and how we use a young player. I pointed out how on his Championship debut he had to be withdrawn after shipping a heavy knock.

You seem to be of the opinion we should not show any due care to a young talent like Canavan, we should attempt to curb expectations after one Championship experience and how we should not have to earn his sport against the likes of McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley and Brennan when those 5 players are effectively fighting it out for 2 positions.

What I said on Derry is that they produce big lads with little attacking ability.

If you look at the elite level forwards about now - O'Callaghan, Kilkenny, Clifford, McManus, Murphy, McShane etc - they all have a real physical presence and real attacking ability. Derry don't produce players with attacking talent, they just produce big physical players.

Lenny wouldn't really know much about attacking football so I'm a bit puzzled that he is talking about that.
Yes, throughly explained. I explained why canavan didn't need to be minded and made a fool out of you and left you to howl at the wind after you accused me of saying something I didn't. You have no ability to debate which is why you regurgitate the same thing every post, and because you are bringing up a debate I already held you to account over. This is why your attempting to deflect from the fact that you have been found out again in this debate with more hypocrisy about your supposed jibe about size of derry and attempting to speak from a position of knowledge about attacking football, whereas in actual fact you're from Tyrone, so you're not.
And now because you know you have been found out, you're doing it all again, going round in circles and bringing up past irrelevant points to mask the fact that you're out of your depth. And I find myself here again, like trying to talk to a child. So I'll probably have to bit you adieu again, because the only way idiots survive in an debate is to bring you down to their level.

More revisionism. You explained nothing. You ran away when you were found to be talking out of your arse.

Plenty of insults there but I have relayed to you why what you are stating is absurd and just like when you ran away the last time. You can't respond.

Ronan O'Neill suffered an ACL at the age of 19 and never delivered on his potential. We should be very careful in how we handle a talent like Canavan. You have some brass neck to say I'm out of my depth when you ran for the hills last time around and still refuse to respond to the points I have outlined.

Your whole post there has absolutely nothing of subtstance, it's full of fantasy events that happened in your head. You ran away the last time after you couldn't tackle the points. Once again you have failed to tackle the points. We should be careful with Canavan, we should be very patient with him. His club have been extremely patient and careful with him so far and they should be credited with that because sometimes promising young players are flogged in the younger days. He's a 20 year old lad and we need to be mindful of that.

But I will repeat that we should be grateful that we don't have dinosaurs like you anywhere near Darragh Canavan at present.
This isn't the debate but I'll go over one more time, hopefully you'll get it into your head this time.
I explained numerous times and you went round in circles like you're doing so again. No insults there either, I don't need to resort to that. I couldn't give a flying fk about Ronan o Neill or whoever else, I took you apart in that debate about why canavan doesn't need to be minded and left you to howl at the wind, I had no call to repeat myself anymore. I won't get into that again, but because you're out of your depth you feel to need to deflect and bring up a past irrelevant debate.

On this one, I pointed out your hypocrisy of you thinking you're I n a position to talk about attacking inventive football and a derry poster isn't (you're not, you're from tyrone, where the slightest idea of off-the-cuff football is frowned upon, and methodical defensive snoozefests are encouraged) and your jibe about them only producing players with size, when in actual fact you were yapping because canavan didn't have the "size". Hypocrisy. That's all I have to say on both debates, hope that's clear enough for you. If I posted in the vaccine and coronavirus threads I'd have a field day pointing out your nonsensical hypocrisy, but the other lads save me the hassle as they do a good job of making you look like an eejit there too.

Glad to see you don't give a flying f**k about how ridiculous your argument is. Ronan O'Neill was a star minor forward who did his cruciate at a very early age in the Tyrone set up. He is a perfect example of why we need to be careful with Canavan but in your own words "you couldn't give a flying f**k". You don't give a flying f**k of the consequences of flogging a massive talent that could be a key player for us down the years. That was around the time you ran for the hills the last time and I'm glad to have taken this opportunity to expose your risible revisionism.

I'm just making the point that Lenny wouldn't know anything about attacking football as he is from Derry, they don't produce much in an attacking sense so it take some brass neck for a Derry man to criticise two neighbouring counties who have a tradition of producing top class GAA forwards for ruining attacking football in the GAA.

Lenny's identity is to spew bile about Tyrone football at every turn that he's forgotten Derry GAA has become the laughing stock of Ulster football.

lenny

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 15, 2021, 11:02:47 PM
Great feat to lead Donegal to that All-Ireland in 2012. Before Jim arrived Armagh knocked them out of the championship with 9 points to spare and in 2009 Antrim beat them in Ulster in Ballybofey.

Not winning the 2014 All-Ireland has to be a big regret, it was there to be won after the win against Dublin. Donegal haven't reached All Ireland semi final since.

One thing about mcguinness he was brilliant at self promotion. He had success basically with one group of players and from that went on to have a professional career in a different sport albeit short lived. It would be interesting to see if he could take a different group of players and get success. Harte was another who got success with one group of great players but when they moved on he never really got close again. It'll be interesting to see how Harte gets on with Louth.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:43:20 PM

Thoroughly explained?

Glad to see you don't give a flying f**k about how ridiculous your argument is. Ronan O'Neill was a star minor forward who did his cruciate at a very early age in the Tyrone set up. He is a perfect example of why we need to be careful with Canavan but in your own words "you couldn't give a flying f**k". You don't give a flying f**k of the consequences of flogging a massive talent that could be a key player for us down the years. That was around the time you ran for the hills the last time and I'm glad to have taken this opportunity to expose your risible revisionism.

I'm just making the point that Lenny wouldn't know anything about attacking football as he is from Derry, they don't produce much in an attacking sense so it take some brass neck for a Derry man to criticise two neighbouring counties who have a tradition of producing top class GAA forwards for ruining attacking football in the GAA.

Lenny's identity is to spew bile about Tyrone football at every turn that he's forgotten Derry GAA has become the laughing stock of Ulster football.
No, I don't give a flying f**k for the random stories or history lesson you want to tell me post after post because you're like a broken record, they are irrelevant to the topic at hand. I quit while I was ahead and saved you from further embarrassment, because you're doing now what you did then, you should be thanking me. It is funny that when your nonsensical hypocrisy is spelt out for you, you resort to deflection, funnily enough about a debate where your hypocrisy was outed as well.
He has a point for what it's worth, as I've spelt out for you again, a tyrone man is in no position to talk on that matter, as the tyrone players wouldn't know inventive attacking football if it hit them up the bake.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 01:57:35 PM

Thoroughly explained?

No, I don't give a flying f**k for the random stories or history lesson you want to tell me post after post because you're like a broken record, they are irrelevant to the topic at hand. I quit while I was ahead and saved you from further embarrassment, because you're doing now what you did then, you should be thanking me. It is funny that when your nonsensical hypocrisy is spelt out for you, you resort to deflection, funnily enough about a debate where your hypocrisy was outed as well.
He has a point for what it's worth, as I've spelt out for you again, a tyrone man is in no position to talk on that matter, as the tyrone players wouldn't know inventive attacking football if it hit them up the bake.

They're not irrelevant, they are past examples of when we didn't handle young talents properly. You can label them irrelevant because they undermine your argument, precedent is a great teacher. Thankfully as we seem to have learned our lessons and both Tyrone and Errigal have been very careful when bringing Canavan into the team. We have not flogged him, we let him finish his time out with the u20s before bringing him into the team. It's important we continue to be careful with him and Canavan will be doing very well if he can hold down a regular place this year. He still has another solid year or two of S&C work to do for me.

Ah yes, you seem to have found a nice bedfellow with Lenny. Don't tell me you're actually not a Tyrone man?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're actually another utterly obsessed Derryman who turns up on the Tyrone forums like an unwanted voyeur. Deary me, have you lads any shame?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 01:57:35 PM

Thoroughly explained?

They're not irrelevant, they are past examples of when we didn't handle young talents properly. You can label them irrelevant because they undermine your argument, precedent is a great teacher. Thankfully as we seem to have learned our lessons and both Tyrone and Errigal have been very careful when bringing Canavan into the team. We have not flogged him, we let him finish his time out with the u20s before bringing him into the team. It's important we continue to be careful with him and Canavan will be doing very well if he can hold down a regular place this year. He still has another solid year or two of S&C work to do for me.

Ah yes, you seem to have found a nice bedfellow with Lenny. Don't tell me you're actually not a Tyrone man?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're actually another utterly obsessed Derryman who turns up on the Tyrone forums like an unwanted voyeur. Deary me, have you lads any shame?
They don't undermine my argument. A player can get a serious injury at any time and at any age. Just because one player got an injury at a young age and didn't fulfill his potential is neither here nor there. One example doesn't mean that's the norm, so it is irrelevant. But that doesn't suit your skewed agenda does it. He doesn't need to be minded, I'm not getting into that again.

Make your mind up, am I a tyrone man or a derry man. Serious clutching at straws being done. Whether I'm a tyrone man or not, your hypocrisy still needed to be outed.
If you actually paid attention you will find that I have already said that for the record I'm not from derry, but he still had a point nonetheless.

Angelo

A Derry voyeur who is more active on the Tyrone forums than his own county.

You lads are utterly obsessed.

GiveItToTheShooters

More deflection. Just as I thought.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 02:42:37 PM

It's actually true. What sort of oddball go around posting in other county forums?

Derry voyeurs, utterly obsessed by everything and anything to do with Tyrone.

Yourself, Lenny and Screen need to get some collective therapy sessions to remove your voyeuristic tendencies.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 02:50:33 PM

It's actually true. What sort of oddball go around posting in other county forums?

Yourself, Lenny and Screen need to get some collective therapy sessions to remove your voyeuristic tendencies.
It actually isn't, and you know it.
For the third time now, what part of "I'm not a derry man" is difficult to understand. This whole charade is another form of deflection after being picked apart yet again. Truth hurts I suppose.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 02:59:18 PM

For the third time now, what part of "I'm not a derry man" is difficult to understand. This whole charade is another form of deflection after being picked apart yet again. Truth hurts I suppose.

If you're not a Derryman then why are you voyeuring around the Tyrone forums? Don't you have a county to follow yourself?

The "I'm not a Derryman" excuse doesn't really wash with me.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:07:59 PM

If you're not a Derryman then why are you voyeuring around the Tyrone forums? Don't you have a county to follow yourself?

More deflection. I note you have now stopped talking about the previous canavan debate and the current debate of this morning, and you've now resorted to speculating about my county allegiance because I agreed with something you didn't like. It just gets better and the hole you're digging for yourself just gets deeper. I'll take another W on this one again thanks  ;D while you howl into the wind again frantically wondering what county I'm from. Too easy.

And fwiw, i post on the tyrone forums to hold your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, and you clearly don't like it.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:13:41 PM

More deflection. I note you have now stopped talking about the previous canavan debate and the current debate of this morning, and you've now resorted to speculating about my county allegiance because I agreed with something you didn't like. It just gets better and the hole you're digging for yourself just gets deeper. I'll take another W on this one again thanks  ;D while you howl into the wind again frantically wondering what county I'm from. Too easy.

And fwiw, i post on the tyrone forums to hold your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, and you clearly don't like it.

We've been true this before. Nothng I have said is contradictory, you ran away the last time you were made a fool out of. You seem to post on forums of other counties because you seem to be more obsessed with the fortunes of other counties than your own. It's a very weird type of obsession and I can see you're more than a little embarrassed about it.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:13:41 PM

We've been true this before. Nothng I have said is contradictory, you ran away the last time you were made a fool out of. You seem to post on forums of other counties because you seem to be more obsessed with the fortunes of other counties than your own. It's a very weird type of obsession and I can see you're more than a little embarrassed about it.
We have been through it before, and I'm glad you're finally starting to take heed, slowly but surely we'll get it into that skull of yours eventually.
I have highlighted your contradictions and hypocrisy on two separate debates today and one a few weeks ago. You claimed I was another poster and were made to look like an absolute fool also, so I understand you're still a bit touchy about it but you should be thanking me for leaving you to howl at the moon and save you from further embarrassment.
Nope, just holding your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, I don't care that you don't like it.