NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

Cathal Sweeney was very rusty, he's going to need serious game time if he's to recapture the form of 2 years ago. I wonder is there an eye being kept on the u-21s, Dylan McHugh from Corofin was impressive against Leitrim the last day out, he spent most of the day at centre back and didn't do much wrong, stuck to his position mostly too.  Big step up to senior I know but could be worth a look. Sean Andy Kelly was solid enough too, he played at full back.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on March 20, 2017, 08:47:19 PM
I was in Páirc Uí Rinn yesterday. If I ever figure out what I saw I'll tell you about it.

Hope you gave the natives plenty of it.
If any of them were at the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

One of the few categorical judgments I can make is that there was (surprisingly, to me) a very  large Meath contingent in attendance. Not far off matching the locals in decibels.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway posters - any update on the foot injury for Damien Comer? Is there any chance he will be back for either of the last two games or is he gone for the rest of the league?

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 21, 2017, 09:55:22 PM
Galway posters - any update on the foot injury for Damien Comer? Is there any chance he will be back for either of the last two games or is he gone for the rest of the league?
I was told at the time by somebody involved with the squad that he was out for the rest of the league.
Not sure if that position has changed or not in the meantime.

Duine Eile

About another 2 weeks I heard which would mean missing the last 2 games which is a real pity, he still had the crutches at the weekend anyway.

thejuice

I'm not sure the comebacks against Galway or Cork would have happened under Mick O'Dowd so there is a slight improvement in attitude and will to win. There is still a lot to improve on but it's going in the right direction for now. With Mickey Newman still to come back we might have a more formidable attack but for now Donal Lenihan seems really up to the task which we only got glimpses of before. Bryan McMahon has similar potential too if he can find a way to bring it up a level.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I suppose we've become known for 2nd half collapses in recent years.
We must be doing something right if we're building up big leads, but we just don't have the resilience to handle a situation where the tide turns against us.
Most of the time all it takes is someone taking the responsibility to kick a point to stop the rot and break the opposition's momentum.
If Andy does nothing else but put a bit of steel into the lads it will be great progress.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Half time:
Meath 2-6 against the wind;
Fermanagh 0-4.

seafoid

Clare are doing well against the flourbags
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Full time:
Meath 3-15
Fermanagh 0-6

GalwayBayBoy

Down 1-13 Galway 3-15

Kildare promoted. Galway need at least a point from the last game at home against Kildare to go up with them. Unless Clare beat Meath.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on March 26, 2017, 04:40:22 PM
Full time:
Meath 3-15
Fermanagh 0-6
Good win for the Tayto men
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Clare have thrown a cat (well a kitten) among the Div. 2 pigeons with a draw against the horsemen.

Zulu

Kildare won according to Hoganstand.