Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Another genius to die at the age of 27 (as did Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones)

RIP
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Lecale2

boojangles

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 23, 2011, 08:04:50 PM
Another genius to die at the age of 27 (as did Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones)

RIP

Very sad. A waste of talent. RIP.

laoislad

Amazing what passes for a genius nowadays  ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
Easy on, you'll have boojangles reaching for the Kleenex again. Have some respect for the passing of another celebrity (no doubt at her own scrawny hand).

boojangles

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2011, 12:16:08 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
Easy on, you'll have boojangles reaching for the Kleenex again. Have some respect for the passing of another celebrity (no doubt at her own scrawny hand).

Kittensoft Tony. Kittensoft.

muppet

What's wrong with saying RIP for Amy Winehouse? Wasn't she on the RIP most of the time anyway?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on July 24, 2011, 12:23:40 AM
What's wrong with saying RIP for Amy Winehouse? Wasn't she on the RIP most of the time anyway?
I had assumed she got her shit together as she was rarely in the news of late but then a few weeks ago there was footage of her in Belgrade or somewhere where it was obvious she was on the junk. So it's a pity how things worked out for her but the same happens every weekend in Ireland.

Nally Stand

We should always respect the dead, even if the person was ugly, had sailor tattoos, slurred their speech, lived with a lifelong addiction and relied upon a fix to get through the day... RIP Popeye.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

AQMP

Dan Peek of early 70s band America famous for the 1972 No 1 song "A Horse With No Name"

muppet

Quote from: AQMP on July 28, 2011, 12:14:21 PM
Dan Peek of early 70s band America famous for the 1972 No 1 song "A Horse With No Name"

The Galway Islander (Aran and 'Boffin) hippies I went to boarding school with played that song every morning. They used to sing along like it meant something really profound:

The ocean is a desert with it's life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love

In the evenings they played the Sandman.

Great music, bizzarre lyrics. RIP.
MWWSI 2017

Oraisteach

"For there ain't no one for to give you no pain"  What!

Hardy

"There were plants and birds and rocks and things". Right.