Learning to drive

Started by Boycey, August 10, 2017, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Try one of those telematics policies where they track your driving.

I got an automatic last yr, will never buy a manual again.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on August 30, 2017, 06:19:05 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 30, 2017, 05:53:22 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 10, 2017, 09:09:09 AM
Incredibly I've gotten myself to the age of almost 50 without learning to drive  :-[.
Circumstances have now dictated to me that I must learn so I've taken 3 lessons this week. I've been shocked at the level or aggression other drivers have shown to an obvious learner driver in a fully marked up instructors car.

Any tips for me??

Make your life easy and drive an automatic car.....youre way too old to learn how to drive
a stick shift

Thanks for the vote of confidence  :D I'm going ok (I think) I have wondered a couple of times though why everyone doesn't drive an automatic..
Old auto boxes were pish unless in top of the range yokes and cost a fortune to replace. Have never driven one at home but I can see why they are increasingly popular.

bennydorano

Quote from: Rois on August 30, 2017, 08:50:14 PM
Try one of those telematics policies where they track your driving.

I got an automatic last yr, will never buy a manual again.
Drove an automatic on holidays and after a no instruction figuring it out session it was class. Would defo consider it when we change.

Boycey

I started this thread almost two years ago and today finally sat my driving test which I passed I'm glad to say  :)

Any other oldies, it's never too late...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on July 30, 2019, 05:05:50 PM
I started this thread almost two years ago and today finally sat my driving test which I passed I'm glad to say  :)

Well done!

Kidder81

Well done Boycey

BennyCake

Well done Boycey.

Marlene will be looking chauffeured around the place now! :D

David McKeown

Great news. I've recently started teaching my wife's sister and it's put years on me.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Great work Boycey, now you can get to work with the rest of us driving those bastarding cyclists off the roads.

How's the insurance looking now?

Tony Baloney

Dougal Maguire

Congratulations Boycey
Careful now

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

It's harder to overtake cyclists when they're single file. It's easier to overtake cyclists when they're riding abreast. It's not the width of the group that slows you down, it's the length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJiixtKuVq8&

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 31, 2019, 05:28:57 PM
It's harder to overtake cyclists when they're single file. It's easier to overtake cyclists when they're riding abreast. It's not the width of the group that slows you down, it's the length.

It is the fact they are blocking the road that slows you down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

majestic

Not to get into the cycling debate, but do drivers feel the same about single cyclists riding to work or just out for some fitness? It concerns me when people talk about how they are a nuisance! I cycle to work by myself everyday and never cycled in a group, but yet I still feel like drivers give me very little respect eg pulling out of junctions infront of me etc! Anyone experience the same?