Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Youse have improved and the big two have got worse. Rossa seem to bring talent through better than their rivals so I'd expect them to get back up to the right standard in the next few years with their minor and U21s doing well last year.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Realistically, how long is it going to be before any club in Belfast is going to challenge on a regular basis for the SHC?

I know there are vast somes of money going into the GAA in Dublin, but does their club scene in a major city not put ours to shame?

Milltown Row2

i hope so!! don't think a Belfast club could do it on its own. a club amalgamation maybe the way forward.  but the club needs to be a sole hurling club with no distractions from the big ball game. it would take it also to be properly affiliated.

can see Rossa possibly chasing honours (maybe not winning) in a few years providing they work continue with their development plan.

as for the money going into Dublin it seems a bit unfair that a City like Belfast which has 30 clubs (some Down teams in that) is not getting the required help in targeting the schools which are not producing hurling talent. gone are the days of teacher staying and coaching kids taking teams and developing players. (i know a few good teachers out there doing this, so not a reflection on them)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Wasn't  he on those decent Antrim minor teams? I have never seen him playing much, if any, senior hurling for St Galls.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on May 14, 2010, 09:40:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 14, 2010, 09:35:30 PM
Wasn't  he on those decent Antrim minor teams? I have never seen him playing much, if any, senior hurling for St Galls.
He was, aye. He was a good player too. I played against him in a reserve match a couple of years ago.

Were you wearing tracksuit bottoms? Is he Speedy's son?

NAG1

I saw the lad hurling too and I think decent would be stretching it a fair bit.

Any word of how the weekend in Cork went? Numbers must have been down slightly

the colonel

Beat by Cork u21's by 4 points I heard
the difference between success and failure is energy

Onthehill

From what I'm told...25 players went....alot of injured players rested.
Good result from the cork challenge with these injuries. 4 points in it.

theskull1

See on the County Website that this Sundays ACHL fixtures have be brought forward to this Wednesday. 10 Day rule I'm guessing
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

No surprise there, fair enough. At least games are still scheduled
the difference between success and failure is energy

imtommygunn

JohnneyCool that was a bit of a hammering you boys took from Ballycran.

What happened there? Were you guys missing players or have you lost some and Ballycran getting stronger?

Ballycran are looking good this year...

Lecale2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2010, 10:05:10 PM
JohnneyCool that was a bit of a hammering you boys took from Ballycran.

What happened there? Were you guys missing players or have you lost some and Ballycran getting stronger?

Ballycran are looking good this year...

That was a reserve match. Seniors play tonight.

NAG1

Bit of a journey for them on a Wednesday night up to Dunloy, will they make it up?

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2010, 01:47:04 PM
Bit of a journey for them on a Wednesday night up to Dunloy, will they make it up?

They also played Glenariffe away in the first game on a Wednesday night and made it up ok

Fairhead

Quote from: Minder on May 18, 2010, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2010, 01:47:04 PM

They also played Glenariffe away in the first game on a Wednesday night and made it up ok

With the 3 Down teams, no Belfast clubs and a lot of midweek fixtures in Div 1, its inevitable that theres a lot of midweek trips to North Antrim and the Ards pennisula.

Wonder how understrength the county team was that beat the Cork u21's at the weekend? Will the injured players be fit for Sunday wek?