Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dublin Fan

Ill start off by congratulating Antrim on there win powerful last 15 minutes in which ye completely took over. I really thought we'd progress on from last year but fair play Antrim ripped up the script

The main reason I signed up was I wanted to apolagise for the arse holes on hill 16 who booed Antrim off the pitch. You can be assurred that the idiots who done that most likely arrived with 5 minutes to go and probably arent true GAA fans certainly not hurling fans anyway.

Best of luck next week against Cork. They'll be feeling the efects of saturday so ye never know!

stevecw

Had to drop in here to say well done to Antrim. That was a great win, never expected it to be honest.

Seems to be a great battling spirit in that team tho, coming back from 9 pts down against Carlow the last day and from 6 behind v the Dubs.

Cork next will be probaby a step too far, but just hope ye can put up a good performance and at least run them close. Just need to stop letting teams go so far ahead...might have just about got away with it v Carlow and Dublin but won't happen with Cork.

imtommygunn

Thanks to Steve / Dub Fan. I would have to say I didn't notice any booing but any crowd has their share of idiots so I wouldn't be too concerned. If they'd have saved their vocals for during the game it may have helped.

Steve I would be interested to see how Carlow would do against Dublin. I think Carlow would give them a real rattle if not beat them. Dublin , a few players aside, are a team that are hyped up a bit much.

We're up against it against Cork but we have nothing to lose.

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2010, 08:03:38 PM
Thanks to Steve / Dub Fan. I would have to say I didn't notice any booing but any crowd has their share of idiots so I wouldn't be too concerned. If they'd have saved their vocals for during the game it may have helped.

Steve I would be interested to see how Carlow would do against Dublin. I think Carlow would give them a real rattle if not beat them. Dublin , a few players aside, are a team that are hyped up a bit much.

We're up against it against Cork but we have nothing to lose.

A great win for Antrim, but can't help thinking complacency and a poor day at the office were major factors in Dublin losing.  Would Antrim beat Clare in Championship hurling, never mind beating them by as much as Dublin did last week?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

I would say they are the factors in it but at the end of the day thats not Antrim's fault.

Dublin because of their recent up turn will have results like this one for a while to they gain the consistency to join the top ranks.

But at the end of the day Antrim will never fear playing Dublin at any stage a point proved on sunday.

imtommygunn

The two corner forwards just thought they could run through antrim so I thought they were a bit complacent.

They could never get away from antrim though. The reality is that Dublin are more physical and perhaps better athletes but they're not really much better hurlers.

Antrim have never had enough belief playing in croke either. They believed they could win that game though and that was a major difference as NAG says.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2010, 06:01:13 PM
Johnny your starting to sound like dinny! and we know where tha+ got antrim last time. cork are better than the teams that havent made it to the q.finals antrim would have been everyones choice to get. should we not give them a 6 point start then i'll be hopeful of a shock

I've always thought Dinny in his rantings had a valid point. He's a Tipp man with no inferiority complex when they meet Cork or Kilkenny, they go out expecting to win, not hope to get within 6 points as you say.
The biggest problem facing Dinny this week is getting the players to believe that they've a real chance and to go out and hurl without fear of their opponents.

if Dublin of Offaly were lining out against a depleted Cork team, they'd certainly fancy their chances. Antrim have beaten one and the other needed extra time to beat them so there must be some hurling in this Antrim team

bredaghgael86

It seems to me that antrim are playing their best stuff in quite some time, results show this.  One of the biggest problems they face on sunday is themselves.  As jonny pointed out, they must go out believeing they will win, otherwise they could end up done for the summer. At this stage of th year there is no reason they cant win, they have a talented bunch of players. I wish them all the best for sunday.

Orior

Good luck on Sunday to Antrim.

Problem child Liam Watson is the sort of maverick that every team needs. His rebel attitude means that he has no fear of any opponent. I just hope that Dinny has him well and truely focussed for the game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bacon

Good luck Antrim. Great shot in the arm for hurling.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

thehurler

At last we are all rallying to the one cause - our county , not sectional club interests.
Also I feel Cork and the rest of Ireland will all see the genius and drive of Liam Watson - this will be his finest hour I feel.
Good luck to Winker and all the Antrim players but this match is teed up for Winker just like the golf he plays - a genius at anything he does .
Antrim can do it and let's all of us support every man with saffron on his back.

AFS

Antrim U21 0-19
Down U21 1-12

Full Time

clootfromthe21

Quote from: AFS on July 21, 2010, 08:07:35 PM
Antrim U21 0-19
Down U21 1-12

Full Time

Were you at it AFS? The Club Antrim Twitter had it at 1 15 to 1 12. Seemed like the rain had a big impact on it.

Any feeling on how the minors will shape up against the Dubs on Saturday?

AFS

Nope, just getting texts.

It's currently Armagh 0-5 Derry 0-0 in the other semi, if anyone's interested.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thehurler on July 21, 2010, 07:45:54 PM
At last we are all rallying to the one cause - our county , not sectional club interests.
Also I feel Cork and the rest of Ireland will all see the genius and drive of Liam Watson - this will be his finest hour I feel.
Good luck to Winker and all the Antrim players but this match is teed up for Winker just like the golf he plays - a genius at anything he does .
Antrim can do it and let's all of us support every man with saffron on his back.

Antrim play as a team, its not Winker Antrim Gaa  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea