Break in at IFA and pilfering of new away kits

Started by T Fearon, August 02, 2007, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

You're just showing how spectacularly ill-informed you are - your claims are based on nothing but prejudice and preconception.

Anyone with anything appraching a basic level of knowledge about NI games would know that block bookings for this qualifying seres, and for the last series, have been completely sold out (with many more applications for tickets than tickets available), and that we've had capacity crowds not just against the likes of England but also the likes of Estonia.

Try dealing in facts not your own prejudiced inventions and preconceptions.

Two more things - I never said "sectarianism is a myth". What a wierd comment. And secondly, saying NI matches are "fully of billy boys and bigots" demonstrates no-one's bigotry but yours, since you have nothing to base such a slur on.

nifan

5times, i suggest its you that need to move on.
Not only are you going on about what happens in Windsor in a position of almost complete lack of knowledge, bar your nephew being at a friendly many years ago, you are now making clames that the place is rarely full when in fact its a sellout with people unable to get tickets.
This point is a fact, unlike much of the opinion being bandied round, and your refusal to accept it speaks volumes.

Quotewe see windsor park as a shit hole, full of billy boys and bigots
I do see thats what you believe, but in fact you are wrong. yet you still manage to spout "facts"

Main Street

I donĀ“t know what all this denial is about from the  Night in November. I listened to that game on the radio and the commentators were droned out clearly on at least 3 occasions by belly bursting versions of the Billy Boys. I can't take anybody seriously who denies that. If Billy Bingham was seen and reported waving his hands to someone he knows in the stands while this was happening then it was just a misunderstanding of his intentions.

According to the BBC the Billy Boys is an important piece of Ulster culture so maybe it is not a hate song.

Things certainly look different these days at WP.

The use of the slogan  Ulster says no to the Maze doesn't inspire me at all

The FFA if serious could  offer 10 tickets to 5ive Times etc. and if they live to tell the tale we can all hear how it goes. I am pretty sure that if one fecker shouts no surrender under his breath 5ive Times will out him.

nifan

FFA should take tickets away from fans so that 5times can go in the hope of being insulted?

no surrender is shouted by some at windsor during the anthem unfortunately. It is one of the remaining problems for FFA to work on. It is quieter than in the past, but it still occurs unfortunately - it is my belief that some people dont realise that this is not part of GSTQ.

Main Street

I can see it now.
the  "GAA fans refused tickets for Windsor Pk" story.

Then wtf is all the speculation about nationalists feeling more safe at WP if they can't get a ticket even if they wanted to?
You guys need a bigger decent stadium.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

QuoteI have heard the sectarian chanting that goes/went on at Internationals
you seem pretty shady on the details from your nephew at a single match from years ago - ie how many it was etc - so how can you be sure what goes on now

you obviously dont as you keep repeating the same thing over and over with no back up.

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 06, 2007, 06:35:34 PM
Firstly, I wouldnt set foot in Windsor. Ive been there once for a Newry Town game many moons ago and wouldnt want to go back. I have heard the sectarian chanting that goes/went on at Internationals and I dont think it is the type of place that most Nationalists would want to go.
This should be good, what sectarian chanting and when did you hear it? (While your answering I wouldn't mind an answer about the sectarian flags as well thanks)
Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 06, 2007, 06:35:34 PM
Maybe the IFA should be allowed to keep playing in Windsor. It seems to suit them and their band of bigotted followers.
So we're all bigots are we.

nifan

Quotewe do have the benefit of the media. i.e. TV, Newspapers, Radio, etc.

all of which have highlighted the good work done over the years, something which you have chosen to ignore as of yet.
Weve even had a recent report on here from a poster who was at the Spain game

nifan

5times - im sorry but you have said, and repeated, that the NI game atmosphere is basicly prodfest of sectarian chanting, now the spain atmosphere was fantastic?

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 07, 2007, 11:49:55 AM
To watch it on the TV yes, it did seem great, as did the Engerland game, but these are exceptional games. Normality will be restored when the more mundane games resume and the bigots have nothing to cheer.
The odd good game/atmosphere doesnt change anything. How would the crowd react if it was NI v RoI?

There has been a block booking scheme in place, for several years, so the same people (give or take) are at every match. Why do you think they are suddenly going to start singing sectarian songs, when they haven't doen so in previous years?

p.s. Still waiting for details of the sectarian flags, when you get a minute.

MW

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 07, 2007, 11:49:55 AM
To watch it on the TV yes, it did seem great, as did the Engerland game, but these are exceptional games. Normality will be restored when the more mundane games resume and the bigots have nothing to cheer.

It may not fit your preconceptions, but the type of atmosphere have have now (for ALL matches) was the same one that we had when we were going through our world-record-breaking goalless spell 4 years ago.