Lack of sleep

Started by ziggysego, April 23, 2007, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Take Your Points on April 23, 2007, 07:45:02 PM
Ziggy, I have used this guy's earlier programme for sleeplessness and it worked.  Both it and the older version can be downloaded from iTunes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glenn-Harrolds-Ultimate-Relaxing-Collection/dp/0563510188/ref=pd_bbs_5/202-6958086-2297449?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177353468&sr=8-5

Still sleeping awful. Just after downloading this on iTunes, so hopefully things will get better now. :)
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Stick on a video of the Cork / Sligo game, I fell asleep watching it!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mannix

i either run or lift weights on a day,alternate them usually.After the weights, done rright for an hour you will be ready for bed.Do them between 8 and 9 at night, run in the evening or some other thing like indoor soccer, it always do the trick for me a fairly light sleeper.
Alternatively you could get a night job and sleep all day (joke, ha, ha)
Hope you sort it out, nothing worse than being tired.

Hereiam

Know how you feel Ziggy. Get up at seven in the morning head to work for 9 to do some mentally challenging work on a computer then home for 6 take a hour break then back at it to do a few homers, some nights could be up till 3 in morning. Its been a few years now since i was in bed before midnight. Its hard for me to switch the ole brain off, there's that much shit going through it.

Yer Ma

I am a terrible sleeper, and usually need to listen to music to fall asleep.

The other solution is slighty desperate but also works - have a child, and anytime you have the chance to lie down, you'll nod off when your head hits the pillow.

ardal

Have a child. After a few days you'll sleep like a log every hour or so.

southdown

I find that if i listen to the clock ticking it sends me to sleep pretty fast.

But if that doesnt work, get some kleenex and follow JoonyCool's advive!

illdecide

Ardal is right get a few we'ins around ya and run after them and you'll sleep like a log, and the old "pull the batteries" aff yourself def works too; we can't be all wrong. and i know this board can be addictive but stay of it in the evening's i wouldn't go near it after work
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

That audiobook nearly worked. It was a hypo thingy to relax you and make you feel confident. I nearly nodded off, then I heard "When I count down from 10 - 1, you will gradually wake and be fully alert at 1"

Buggar!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Longshanks

Lack of sleep is a big problem for me too, but madness as it seems if you give your room a good tidy and its clean etc... its far easier to get to sleep (its even better if you can get the woman to do it)  ;D

DirtyDozen12

To get me to sleep some nights, I would listen to the radio at a low volume and put the 'sleep' on for about an hour so it turns itself off.  Late at night listen to Downtown radio as its plays slow and chilled out songs late at night, anything like dance or headbanging music will not work!!!

Also, room must be black dark!!!no lights shining through, not even through the space under your bedroom door.  get yourself some thick curtains so it seems as if a solar eclispe has just taken place!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Longshanks

Mate Downtown radio is piss poor!! although there is that lovers around 11 crap I used to listen to as a young cub, always a brave laugh!!
In fairness I would listen to music before Im nodding off to sleep but recently noticed if you just turn all music off etc... ad black the room out your off to sleep much quicker :)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Ziggy

You should be able to rest a bit easier now instead of worrying whether Tyrone will win Sam this year...
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Main Street

Has any insomniac tried listening to Daniel O'Donnell as means of dropping off to sleep?

ziggysego

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 06, 2007, 01:59:31 PM
Ziggy

You should be able to rest a bit easier now instead of worrying whether Tyrone will win Sam this year...

Nah, the ladies meet Armagh  :-\
Testing Accessibility