Oasis

Started by Under Lights, September 09, 2016, 10:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9waBd3yPOLE

QuoteThe first trailer for Supersonic has been unveiled, a film which documents the career of "one of rock's true giants", Oasis.

The film, which comes out in cinemas on 2 October, was produced by director Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees who made Amy and was directed by Spike Island's Mat Whitecross.

Thanks to Liam and Noel's frequent and much valued interviews, there's little we don't already know about the brothers' 20 years together. During the clip, the footage follows their ascent from "lads on a council estate" to the heights of fame via tabloid exposure, 90s hedonism and peaking with their two-day stint at Knebworth Park in 1996.

Although Liam and Noel's voiceovers were recorded separately, the film has given hope to fans who feel it is the brother's first attempt at uniting since their acrimonious split in 2009.

Whitecross, the film's director, did not rule out a possible reunion during an exclusive screening of the film at Festival No 6 on Sunday. Revealing that Coldplay's Chris Martin had been playing the role of Oasis peacemaker, he added: "Neither of them have discounted the idea of getting back together. It will happen, I'm sure. The idea of never seeing them again for me is impossible."

It is not yet known whether both brothers will attend the Supersonic premiere, but it's likely it will take more than encouragement from Martin and a red carpet to unite the two together. As Liam recently tweeted: "Just seen the trailer for oasis film i must say I do come across mighty fine super real unlike some people see you at the premiere LG x".

Looks good this. October 2nd its out. IN? Discuss Oasis at lenght. Best songs. Tard-abilities.

SUNSHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE

blewuporstuffed

Looks good.
I enjoy a good music documentary
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

Will definitely watch this documentary. Noel Gallagher is a funny hooer.  The first 2 albums were brilliant, serious dip there after.

Newbridge Exile

Saw then more by accident than design In the Limelight in Belfast on a Sunday night back in 1994,- ( it was the only " safe" place back them for a late Sunday night drink back them ), was blown away by them, Acquiesce my favourite song

bridgegael

Definitely maybe watch this.  :-[
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Tony Baloney

heganboy

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on September 09, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
Saw then more by accident than design In the Limelight in Belfast on a Sunday night back in 1994,- ( it was the only " safe" place back them for a late Sunday night drink back them ), was blown away by them, Acquiesce my favourite song

The number of people that claim to have been there that night would fill Croke Park
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: heganboy on September 09, 2016, 03:06:17 PM

The number of people that claim to have been there that night would fill Croke Park
It actually wasn't even that packed that night

J70

Absolutely loved their layered guitar sound, Liam had a great voice, and they had a few excellent songs, but I found most of their stuff too either too derivative or dull, melodically. Unfulfilled potential for me.

Tony Baloney

There were approximately 300000 people in the King's Hall for Nirvana in 1992.

michaelg

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 11, 2016, 12:46:30 AM

There were approximately 300000 people in the King's Hall for Nirvana in 1992.
I was at Oasis in Limelight and Nirvana in Kings's Hall - Also had a ticket for postponed Nirvana gig in Madela Hall - Cool as f**k me

michaelg

Anyone see Pixies in Ulster Hall?

thejuice

Quote from: michaelg on September 11, 2016, 01:27:59 AM
Anyone see Pixies in Ulster Hall?

There was an old woman down the road who used to see them everywhere, in her cupboards, in the garden, in the wardrobe etc..
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Gs Man

I saw Snow Patrol supporting the Strokes. So there.
Keep 'er lit

gallsman

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 13, 2016, 08:49:20 PM
I saw Snow Patrol supporting the Strokes. So there.

Two utterly w**k bands competing to pay the blandest music that night?