Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 23, 2015, 09:43:08 AM
Not going say much on here, but to say I am smiling at all the haters on this site crying internally is a joy. Don't care what stick you are trying to take away from Dublin's achievement with, ignorant stuff from some people,not even going to bother reading it, To me, this Dublin team is the best ever to play the game. People will say yeah win a couple more and you may be but no,  based on the last 5 years, the best to ever play the game.

Philly Mc the best defender to play the game, Gooch was lucky to keep him to a point, player of the year and a gentlemen.

Enjoy the winter lads.

:)

I expected Dublin to win and as a neural at the game I was glad it went the way it did. A dry day they would have got a run on Kerry and blown them away. No harm for the Kerry mafia to go away and digest what was a wet day trouncing. Even top counties need to go away and squirm for a while. Most counties squirm every year.
Dublin fans about were A1 the times I encountered them these last few weeks and down the years in games. Not the same sense of entitlement that you get from others when you play them. In general Dubs might have a jibe but don t condescend like the likes of Kerry, Meath or Galway do when they are on their uppers.
No need however for some Dublin posters on here to justify or to gloat. You and Indiana are very sensitive and reactionary. No need to react or explain or anything. Winners are seldom universally loved.

I ll enjoy the winter as best I can. Any sense of annoyance I have about the championship is about our own performance when it really mattered. That's a 'housekeeping' issue and it is a calamitous revolving door in this county. But that's a problem of our own making and unlikely to be rectified any time soon/ever.

Sincerely, to all the Dubs on here ( including the contrary ones like you, Indiana and Squire), congats and enjoy. If I was in your shoes I wouldn t give a toss what others thought.   

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on September 25, 2015, 01:46:32 AM
Not going say much on here, but to say I am smiling at all the haters on this site crying internally is a joy. Don't care what stick you are trying to take away from Dublin's achievement with, ignorant stuff from some people,not even going to bother reading it, To me, this Dublin team is the best ever to play the game. People will say yeah win a couple more and you may be but no,  based on the last 5 years, the best to ever play the game.

Philly Mc the best defender to play the game, Gooch was lucky to keep him to a point, player of the year and a gentlemen.

Enjoy the winter lads.

I expected Dublin to win and as a neural at the game I was glad it went the way it did. A dry day they would have got a run on Kerry and blown them away. No harm for the Kerry mafia to go away and digest what was a wet day trouncing. Even top counties need to go away and squirm for a while. Most counties squirm every year.
Dublin fans about were A1 the times I encountered them these last few weeks and down the years in games. Not the same sense of entitlement that you get from others when you play them. In general Dubs might have a jibe but don t condescend like the likes of Kerry, Meath or Galway do when they are on their uppers.
No need however for some Dublin posters on here to justify or to gloat. You and Indiana are very sensitive and reactionary. No need to react or explain or anything. Winners are seldom universally loved.

I ll enjoy the winter as best I can. Any sense of annoyance I have about the championship is about our own performance when it really mattered. That's a 'housekeeping' issue and it is a calamitous revolving door in this county. But that's a problem of our own making and unlikely to be rectified any time soon/ever.

Sincerely, to all the Dubs on here ( including the contrary ones like you, Indiana and Squire), congats and enjoy. If I was in your shoes I wouldn t give a toss what others thought.
Mayo would probably have beaten Kerry. a pity that they repeated last year by facilitating the eventual winners. Kevin McLoughlin's wides would have put the Dubs away on day 1.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Bingo on September 23, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 22, 2015, 11:02:31 PM

I think the idea that we'd be beaten in Clones is absurd. If our players can deal with the weight of expectation that goes with playing for Dublin then I think playing in Clones is unlikely to prove too difficult in front of a crowd one third of the size of a full house in CP.
Quote from: Zulu on September 22, 2015, 10:49:07 PM
Why would they struggle in the Ulster championship? Ulster is a tougher province than the others but it has no genuine All Ireland contender anymore and that's the only type of team that can possibly beat Dublin.

Very likely that Dublin would win Ulster championships but would they win as often as they win Leinsters?

You will likely argue different but has to be a massive advantage to knowing that you'll be playing in the same venue all year - your prematch routine, overnights, pitch size is all repeated throughout the build up and through to the final stages. Playing in front of a crowd would be way down the list regards advantages it would bring.

But the biggest is the competition that playing in Leinster currently brings. This may change but its clear that playing Ulster requires a different build up than planning to peak for a All-Ireland Quarter final and from there on know you will be tested rather than having to build towards testing away game at the start of June.

This may well change but it will need other teams in Leinster to come up to Dublins level rather than them to go down. Same may be said in other provinces at other times.

Dublin are current top dogs and rightly so, they will continue to be as they have great players and a great Mgt team. Time will tell how great they will be but its up to other teams to challenge that, be it in Croke Park, Tullomore, Navan or wherever.

Whens the draw made anyway????
Dublin would not win 10 out of 11 Ulsters. No way. Ulster is the only competitive province.  And it's insane to think no all Ireland contender will arise in Ulster out to 2025 whereas in Leinster bar the Dubs it's well possible unless Meath get organised. Leinster is a  joke and has been for over a decade. Here are their Leinster wins.In the past a decent dub team might win 3 or 4 in a row.
But not ten bar Meath robbing Louth.

, 1894, 1896, 1897, 1898, 1899, 1901, 1902,1904, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1941, 1942, 1955, 1958, 1959, 1962, 1963,1965, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, ,1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, ,[/i]1992, 1993, 1994, 1995,[/i],  20022005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Why leave out 2010? Does that year not count?

deiseach

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on September 25, 2015, 01:46:32 AM

Enjoy the winter lads.

Ha jaysus you couldn't make it up. This from the fella who said a few months ago that Mayo should be winning Connacht every year pretty much ad infinitum. Ad infinitum of course meaning "again and again in the same way; forever." And it's everyone else that is entitled and arrogant?

The Aristocrat

Just wondering if the Gooch has been found yet? Its been a full week now.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 11:16:59 AM

Gooch scored 5 points yesterday but Crokes were beaten by Dingle in the Senior Club Championship final in Kerry. I suppose he flopped again on the big day.

Canalman

Whether modern Kerry footballers like it or not they are compared in Kerry with the 1970s/1980s team which by and large were not bested by any other team.

The Tyrone and now Dublin "stain" , in addition to losing to Armagh and Down (especially annoying for them)  in big games  will be held against them . "Soft" AI wins v Mayo and Cork not the wins the Kerry fans demand in AIFs.

Cooper will be compared always with Mikey Sheehy , John Egan, Pat Spillane etc and it is a tough comparison. Hard to believe he I believe is well over 30 now........ time flies.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2015, 11:18:54 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 11:16:59 AM

Gooch scored 5 points yesterday but Crokes were beaten by Dingle in the Senior Club Championship final in Kerry. I suppose he flopped again on the big day.

You don't have to convince me, great player, but I agree with Brolly with some of his comments and its backed up by fact that in certain games not only does he go missing but is anonymous throughout the game. Do you not agree?

But look, he's 32 now, he wont be around forever.

AZOffaly

In my opinion, gooch 'goes missing' because he is a forward, and Kerry don't get the ball into him when they are in trouble. It's almost a self fulfilling prophesy. It's hard for a corner forward to change a game's flow.