Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I would think that any club that makes their request in timely manner, should be accommodated insofar as possible.

Btw a current player's wedding is probably the most valid reason imaginable for moving a game. Anyone who puts in a shift for years for their club should be able to enjoy a summer wedding without having fears that doing so might jeopardise his club's season.

Lloyd p

Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2024, 04:43:32 PMI would think that any club that makes their request in timely manner, should be accommodated insofar as possible.

Btw a current player's wedding is probably the most valid reason imaginable for moving a game. Anyone who puts in a shift for years for their club should be able to enjoy a summer wedding without having fears that doing so might jeopardise his club's season.

100% and the request was made before the season began I believe. I suppose you just have to accept it and move on, but every club will need a favour at some point worth remembering..

johnnycool

Quote from: Lloyd p on June 24, 2024, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2024, 04:43:32 PMI would think that any club that makes their request in timely manner, should be accommodated insofar as possible.

100% and the request was made before the season began I believe. I suppose you just have to accept it and move on, but every club will need a favour at some point worth remembering..

Both teams need to agree an alternative date within 6 days of the original fixture I believe.

Maybe Bredagh had lads away or hurling on the alternative dates!
It's a pain in hole rearranging fixtures with a dual club, trust me.

Gaelforce123

Agree with wobbler, timely approaches should be accommodated where possible. I do think some teams try it for anything such as players away on weekends away etc which i suppose dont need to be accommodated but for a current players wedding that should absolutely be accommodated by the other club, I would also go as far as the county board should take control of any situations involving a wedding or funeral, if hurling is an issue then they get an extra few days for a suitable refixture. A players shouldn't have that pressure around his wedding and a dual club shouldnt be punished but should accommodate

statto

This issue came up on Tyrone thread a few weeks back in Armagh there are a couple of week's set aside for refixtures which I think is fair enough means if there is a wedding will know well in advance and can tell county board to move the fixture.

skat man

Not much of a club man arranging his wedding for a friday during the season . Bredagh not at fault, they are fighting for every point to survive . siege mentality 

Truth hurts

Ah come on lads, if we can't put a game off for a player's wedding then the game is gone.

gaaman2016

Loughinisland moved their game versus Clonduff last month and are playing Castlewellan this week on Thursday night rather than Friday, both rescheduled due to weddings in Clonduff and Castlewellan.

Apparently request to move the game was made several months ago. The GAA should be better than what went on last Friday.

manwithnoplan

It doesn't reflect well on Bredagh anyway. The reason we all started playing football as kids very much disappears as players get to adult level. Gone is the hobby and enjoyment side of things, looking forward to battling it out on the pitch and maybe grabbing a pint afterwards, replaced by an all consuming beast that requires players to give up huge amounts of their time, energy and life in the hope that it brings their club some sort of return on the ridiculous costs of a management team hired by a club committee. What is it all about really?

Truth hurts

Quote from: manwithnoplan on June 25, 2024, 12:03:11 PMIt doesn't reflect well on Bredagh anyway. The reason we all started playing football as kids very much disappears as players get to adult level. Gone is the hobby and enjoyment side of things, looking forward to battling it out on the pitch and maybe grabbing a pint afterwards, replaced by an all consuming beast that requires players to give up huge amounts of their time, energy and life in the hope that it brings their club some sort of return on the ridiculous costs of a management team hired by a club committee. What is it all about really?

The Bredagh committee ought to have insisted on changing the game, particularly because the massacre's 30th anniversary fell on the same week.

snoopdog

This is what happens when clubs pay big money to managers. Managers do not want to lose a paid gig. So any opportunity for a win will be taken. ( I'm just assuming Bredagh are paying an outside manager).

OgraAnDun

Quote from: skat man on June 25, 2024, 09:47:50 AMNot much of a club man arranging his wedding for a friday during the season . Bredagh not at fault, they are fighting for every point to survive . siege mentality 

Mental comment.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 25, 2024, 05:53:59 PM
Quote from: skat man on June 25, 2024, 09:47:50 AMNot much of a club man arranging his wedding for a friday during the season . Bredagh not at fault, they are fighting for every point to survive . siege mentality 

Mental comment.
Agree

2badteams

Tube

Square Ball

Our under 15s won the  shield in the Feile in Mayo this afternoon.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid