Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: LC on June 10, 2024, 04:53:13 PMI take it with GAA Go it is still a matter of plugging the laptop in to the TV?

I presume there is no direct way you can purchase it on a smart tv?

How do you get it on the tv, via the laptop?

statto

Quote from: LC on June 10, 2024, 04:53:13 PMI take it with GAA Go it is still a matter of plugging the laptop in to the TV?

I just go onto the internet and look for gaago directly and then play from smart TV.

Mourne Red

Quote from: marty34 on June 10, 2024, 06:03:21 PM

HDMI cable.. Should be a slot on your Laptop for it.

Any of those with a Dodgy Firestick, GAAGO channels seems to be on it

marty34

Quote from: Mourne Red on June 10, 2024, 06:10:43 PM

Thanks.

Does it just link up to tv and away you go?

Nanderson

Quote from: marty34 on June 10, 2024, 07:33:11 PM

Thanks.

Yes plug 1 end into laptop and 1 into tv. Depending on how high your tv is you might need anything up to 2m one. Then just change the input mode on the tv to hdmi (some tv's might have multiple hdmi slots eg HDMI1, HDMI2 and so on. So just flick through them until you see the game on the tv)

TakeTheMark

If your tv has an internet browser you can go to gaago and watch it that way

DuffGael

You can also get the gaa go app for the fire stick. You can also just Bluetooth your tablet/laptop or phone to some TV's

naka

Quote from: statto on June 10, 2024, 06:06:54 PM

I just go onto the internet and look for gaago directly and then play from smart TV.
same here

dec

https://support.gaago.ie/support/solutions/articles/77000034200-is-there-a-gaago-app-that-i-need-to-download-

"You can watch GAAGO directly on your tv via one of our on-tv apps (Roku, Apple TV, Google TV, Fire TV, Samsung TV, LG TV). "

Truth hurts

Good luck to the lads on Saturday, We need to win three big games to go into Sam Maguire. Should we prevail, it would culminate a promising season for the county.

Mourne Red

Assuming 2nds games will be moved on Saturday

marty34

Quote from: Nanderson on June 10, 2024, 08:45:59 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 10, 2024, 07:33:11 PM

Thanks.

Yes plug 1 end into laptop and 1 into tv. Depending on how high your tv is you might need anything up to 2m one. Then just change the input mode on the tv to hdmi (some tv's might have multiple hdmi slots eg HDMI1, HDMI2 and so on. So just flick through them until you see the game on the tv)

Thanks Nanderson.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 11, 2024, 01:58:52 PMGood luck to the lads on Saturday, We need to win three big games to go into Sam Maguire. Should we prevail, it would culminate a promising season for the county.

I didn't realise there was a pathway from the Tailteann cup to the Sam Maguire this year.

Are Down not in the Sam Maguire next year anyway due to getting promoted into Div2 of the NFL?

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: johnnycool on June 11, 2024, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on June 11, 2024, 01:58:52 PMGood luck to the lads on Saturday, We need to win three big games to go into Sam Maguire. Should we prevail, it would culminate a promising season for the county.

I didn't realise there was a pathway from the Tailteann cup to the Sam Maguire this year.

Are Down not in the Sam Maguire next year anyway due to getting promoted into Div2 of the NFL?
Not necessarily.
Fermanagh & Kildare were in Div 2 this year.

Sheedy

Quote from: johnnycool on June 11, 2024, 03:54:01 PM

there's no pathway for this year, if Down win this year's tailteann cup it will gain them a place in next years Sam Maguire.

Being in division 2 doesn't guarantee Sam Maguire, it depends on league placing and also on who makes the provincial finals.

Clare are playing Sam Maguire football this year despite being in division 3, while Kildare who were in division 2 are in the tailteann
nil satis nisi optimum