French military jets over Libya

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, March 19, 2011, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

looks like there are plenty of ordinary folk in Tripoli who support Gadaffi.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

balladmaker

1:  WTF has the conflict in Libya to do with the UK?  Have they yet to cop on that their days of empire building are over?

2: Why are UK PM's among the first to come out to say we are sending in the planes, troops etc?  I never hear of the PM's of Finland, Denmark, or the Chancellor of Germany saying the same thing.  But then again, they are pretty much financially stable countries ... I wonder is there a link between not fighting wars in other people's countries and domestic economic conditions?

3: Is Libya not an internal dispute for power?  Should they not be left to sort it out on their own without the UK and French jostling for position over oil rights?

4:  Why are the UK and France not chomping at the bit to get into Saudi Arabia at present?  Is it because they know it's a fight they can never win ...

Capt Pat

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 19, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
France have just surrendered.  ;D

life may take a turn for the worse in Gay Paris under the new gadaffi regime.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: balladmaker on March 19, 2011, 07:57:27 PM
1:  WTF has the conflict in Libya to do with the UK?  Have they yet to cop on that their days of empire building are over? 

Oil

2: Why are UK PM's among the first to come out to say we are sending in the planes, troops etc?  I never hear of the PM's of Finland, Denmark, or the Chancellor of Germany saying the same thing.  But then again, they are pretty much financially stable countries ... I wonder is there a link between not fighting wars in other people's countries and domestic economic conditions? 

Oil

3: Is Libya not an internal dispute for power?  Should they not be left to sort it out on their own without the UK and French jostling for position over oil rights?

Oil

4:  Why are the UK and France not chomping at the bit to get into Saudi Arabia at present?  Is it because they know it's a fight they can never win ...

They already get their Oil

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on March 19, 2011, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: mannix on March 19, 2011, 06:20:04 PM
What a crazy world. Hard to process all the stuff going on and the we have mayo facing the dubs as well.

Mayo people cant talk about Military intervention. You were cowards in the war of Independence and when the French came it wasn't called the races of Castlebar for no reason. Run and hide is the correct term.

The english were the ones "racing" out of Castlebar you idiot, the Mayo people along with Humberts army the ones chasing them. It wasn't during the war of independence either but the 1798 rebellion. What a gobshite you are.

Back to Libya, it is hard to know what the hell is going on but seems like the UN are 2 weeks late as usual!

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 19, 2011, 08:18:54 PM
What a crazy world. Hard to process all the stuff going on and the we have mayo facing the dubs as well.

Mayo people cant talk about Military intervention. You were cowards in the war of Independence and when the French came it wasn't called the races of Castlebar for no reason. Run and hide is the correct term.

The english were the ones "racing" out of Castlebar you idiot, the Mayo people along with Humberts army the ones chasing them. It wasn't during the war of independence either but the 1798 rebellion. What a gobshite you are.

Back to Libya, it is hard to know what the hell is going on but seems like the UN are 2 weeks late as usual!

I never said it was in the war of Independence Einstein. Locally it was known as the races because the locals ran away from the battle

Nally Stand

Jaysus lads wud ye ever ignore the clown
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

2: Why are UK PM's among the first to come out to say we are sending in the planes, troops etc?  I never hear of the PM's of Finland, Denmark, or the Chancellor of Germany saying the same thing. But then again, they are pretty much financially stable countries ... I wonder is there a link between not fighting wars in other people's countries and domestic economic conditions?

O feck, does that mean Ireland's going in!  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 19, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
France have just surrendered.  ;D

Very unfair sterotype. The French army was devistated at Dunkirk creating a sheild so the British and some of the French Army could escape back to Britain.

In the last 1,000 years the French have won a higher percentage of battles than any other major European Nation, including England/Britain, HolyRomanEmpire/Prussia/Germany, DutchRepublic/Kingdom, Austria/Austo-Hungarian, Russia/Soviet Union etc.

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on March 19, 2011, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 19, 2011, 08:18:54 PM

I never said it was in the war of Independence Einstein. Locally it was known as the races because the locals ran away from the battle

We must all bow before the one true Lord of hilariousness.

I propose you drop the 'Peter' and 'Solan' from you name so we rightfully can praise your greatness.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

+1 ballad
when we aspire to be like other countries its always Scandinavian countries norway, Sweden, finland don't see them getting mixed up in this kind of stuff and their economies are doing OK their health service is good etc.
wonder when Edna will volunteer Irish troops I'd say hes jumping up and down at the back of the room with his hand up like some teachers pet who thinks hes knows the answer.
as for going into Saudi the Brits/yanks wouldn't dare because it would trigger the Chinese and the Russians all worrying about the oil. basically this reminds me of a documentary i saw about the flood plains in Africa its great when its raining but when the rivers dry up to a pool of water only some of the crocs survive. i don't know how long oil will last but I'm willing to bet that a yank will burn the last gallon. as i once heard two posh English toffs discussing 'the problem with the Arabs is that they're in the bloody way'
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 20, 2011, 12:23:38 PM

+1 ballad
when we aspire to be like other countries its always Scandinavian countries norway, Sweden, finland don't see them getting mixed up in this kind of stuff and their economies are doing OK their health service is good etc.
wonder when Edna will volunteer Irish troops I'd say hes jumping up and down at the back of the room with his hand up like some teachers pet who thinks hes knows the answer.
as for going into Saudi the Brits/yanks wouldn't dare because it would trigger the Chinese and the Russians all worrying about the oil. basically this reminds me of a documentary i saw about the flood plains in Africa its great when its raining but when the rivers dry up to a pool of water only some of the crocs survive. i don't know how long oil will last but I'm willing to bet that a yank will burn the last gallon. as i once heard two posh English toffs discussing 'the problem with the Arabs is that they're in the bloody way'

Very good Lawnseed, as Ireland's battle group in the European Rapid Reaction Force is the Nordic one, along with Denmark, Sweden & Finland, you won't mind so. If we go in it will be alongside our Nordic comrades.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 20, 2011, 12:54:17 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 20, 2011, 12:23:38 PM

+1 ballad

Very good Lawnseed, as Ireland's battle group in the European Rapid Reaction Force is the Nordic one, along with Denmark, Sweden & Finland, you won't mind so. If we go in it will be alongside our Nordic comrades.
they can all die for oil if they like as long as its not me or mine. sure isn't ireland largest battalion already there the British army, sure dont ye all want to be soldiers? nows your chance
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

thejuice

Just make sure you've enough oil for the chain of your bicycle.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016