Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: slippery dodger on January 12, 2018, 09:37:06 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/GAA/comments/7pzox5/the_dublin_gaa_gym_gear_in_abbottstown_fiasco/

Jez, that was the most painful couple of minutes of my life. Two Lads chatting about an article and no research done! Car crash online TV!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 13, 2018, 02:59:41 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/GAA/comments/7pzox5/the_dublin_gaa_gym_gear_in_abbottstown_fiasco/

Jez, that was the most painful couple of minutes of my life. Two Lads chatting about an article and no research done! Car crash online TV!

It's amazing the zealotry on display in even sunshine supporters' circles in Dublin. How can they not realise they are rapidly destroying the very competitions they covet so dearly?

caprea

Quote from: Syferus on January 13, 2018, 03:18:59 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 13, 2018, 02:59:41 AM

It's amazing the zealotry on display in even sunshine supporters' circles in Dublin. How can they not realise they are rapidly destroying the very competitions they covet so dearly?

I looked it up and zealotry is an actual word. Well done you.

From the Bunker

12 hour later and not a defensive word from a Dub. Not a word! ''The Greatest'', ''Hound'', ''Zulu'' et al all hiding, looking through their fingers!

Financial DOPING Lads!

Dinny Breen

I have been beating this drum for at least 5 years, nobodies listening because nobody wants to believe. And it's not helped by gobshites in the media such as the O'Shea brothers who think teams just have to work harder to bridge the gap. They talk about cycles :-

12 of the last 13 Leinster Titles, and the one game they lost was a freak 5 goals to Meath best record before that was 13 in 18 years a 100 years ago even the fabled era of the 70s they only managed 6.

This was the most pertinent quote of the week for me, this is ladies football she was speaking about

"Dublin were just way better than us... They were a lot more professional." Kerry's Aislinn Desmond is speaking to #OTBAM

#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 27, 2018, 08:14:54 AM
I have been beating this drum for at least 5 years, nobodies listening because nobody wants to believe. And it's not helped by gobshites in the media such as the O'Shea brothers who think teams just have to work harder to bridge the gap. They talk about cycles :-

12 of the last 13 Leinster Titles, and the one game they lost was a freak 5 goals to Meath best record before that was 13 in 18 years a 100 years ago even the fabled era of the 70s they only managed 6.

This was the most pertinent quote of the week for me, this is ladies football she was speaking about

"Dublin were just way better than us... They were a lot more professional." Kerry's Aislinn Desmond is speaking to #OTBAM

Yes the cycle has began with Ladies game with Dublin playing double headers, which means more access to Croke Park. And greater familiarity of the pitch on AI day!

caprea

Quote from: mup on January 26, 2018, 02:15:35 PM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mckenna-praic-duffy-and-the-gaa-have-made-dublin-a-financially-doped-outfit-and-there-is-no-defence-for-this-scandal-36530924.html

Hard to argue with any of Ewan's points here. Even if he is anti Dub.

The funny thing is ewan might be understating the amount Dublin get. On Dublin's own accounts it's 2.77 million they get in 2016 in development funds. Ewan cites 1.4 million from the GAAs accounts but it seems to be double that.

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 27, 2018, 12:25:32 AM
12 hour later and not a defensive word from a Dub. Not a word! ''The Greatest'', ''Hound'', ''Zulu'' et al all hiding, looking through their fingers!

Financial DOPING Lads!

**** Fake News Alert ****

Ah Spewn's (Frank Grimes) hack job that he gets paid to write, taken directly from an article he wrote for the business post on multiple occasions at this stage, he obsessed and he's plain wrong and spouting lies.

Dublin hurlers have benefited from the same coaching structure as the footballers, no All Irelands. Its not allocated per registered player, that's a stupid ignorant argument. Not all School children are registered members of clubs.

Anyway, been here before , Wolves do not concern themselves with the crying of sheep.

And while they cry, the hard work will continue.

Its funny, you never hear this being talked about from Kerry or Tyrone, just the usual suspect counties who already have weak mentalities.

mup

Deflect deflect deflect........

There are none so blind as those who can't see.

Personally I can't wait for 10 years time.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on January 29, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

Still following me around id see, obsessed, I wouldn't be surprised if you were Ewan.

What happens in 10 years?  Think Kildare, Meath and Dublin will be top 5 or 6 in 10 Years.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 29, 2018, 10:16:34 AM
Quote from: mup on January 29, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

Still following me around id see, obsessed, I wouldn't be surprised if you were Ewan.

What happens in 10 years?  Think Kildare, Meath and Dublin will be top 5 or 6 in 10 Years.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were 14 years old.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 29, 2018, 09:36:34 AM

Financial DOPING Lads!

Ah Spewn's (Frank Grimes) hack job that he gets paid to write, taken directly from an article he wrote for the business post on multiple occasions at this stage, he obsessed and he's plain wrong and spouting lies.

Dublin hurlers have benefited from the same coaching structure as the footballers, no All Irelands. Its not allocated per registered player, that's a stupid ignorant argument. Not all School children are registered members of clubs.

Anyway, been here before , Wolves do not concern themselves with the crying of sheep.

Its funny, you never hear this being talked about from Kerry or Tyrone, just the usual suspect counties who already have weak mentalities.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 18, 2017, 03:48:22 PM
Christ do people only gauge success in All-Irelands

As for hurling. seriously

5 Leinster Minors and 3 runners-up in the last 12 years. Prior to that it was 1 in 40 years.

4 Leinster u21s since 2007 and 2 runners up. Prior to that you have to go back to 1972.

1 Senior Leinster Title in 2013, 1st in 50 odd years.  They even won the National League for the 1st time 70 years in 2011.

The hurling success is not measured in All-Irelands but from where they were before Bertie's cash intervention supplemented by GAA money to now, is miles apart.

I will refrain from calling you ignorant but are being deliberately obtuse as is every Dublin poster, the head in the sand stuff is mildly amusing.
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 29, 2018, 10:33:20 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on January 29, 2018, 09:36:34 AM

Financial DOPING Lads!

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 18, 2017, 03:48:22 PM
Christ do people only gauge success in All-Irelands

As for hurling. seriously

5 Leinster Minors and 3 runners-up in the last 12 years. Prior to that it was 1 in 40 years.

4 Leinster u21s since 2007 and 2 runners up. Prior to that you have to go back to 1972.

1 Senior Leinster Title in 2013, 1st in 50 odd years.  They even won the National League for the 1st time 70 years in 2011.

The hurling success is not measured in All-Irelands but from where they were before Bertie's cash intervention supplemented by GAA money to now, is miles apart.

I will refrain from calling you ignorant but are being deliberately obtuse as is every Dublin poster, the head in the sand stuff is mildly amusing.

Mildly, I find it hilarious, you are all so serious.

Rossfan

Another few years and the averge Inter County playing career will be 3 years for 27 or 28 Counties.
Longford manager talking after yesterday's big win said the NFL us where it's at as far as teams like Longford are concerned.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM