The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: thebigfella on April 01, 2018, 11:42:47 PM
Well deserved win there from Poulter. If he plays as well as that next weekend, won't be far off the green jacket.

He is not long enough. Plus, I'm not sure if he can both draw and fade?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Phil is number one in putting, number 1 in one putts, number 2 in strokes gained putting and number 4 or 5 in birdies made this season so far. At least those were a snippet of the stats that came up during the AP invitational. I am a big fan of lefties at ANC. Bubba is playing for fun now again after a few crazy years suffering from pink balls and making a ton of birdies. I will be backing both of them and I'll always take a punt on Rory too. Obviously Thomas and Fowler can't be ruled out (RF has had a weird few weeks missing short putts however). Not sure how Dustin Johnson will play. Could win at a canter, or could miss the cut.

Screen, that's the article yeah. Rich Hunt at Golfwrx. One that interested me was ruling out Alex Noren as he has yet to make a cut. He is playing some good golf this year.

I do think it's not gonna happen for Tiger. Need to move the golf ball right to left at ANC and he can't control the driver at the minute, and when he does keep it in play he is hitting a fade. That said, Nicklaus played a fade his whole life.

All that being said - COME ON FREDDY COUPLES!!!

Orchard park

Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2018, 03:16:01 PM
Well deserved win there from Poulter. If he plays as well as that next weekend, won't be far off the green jacket.

whats art got to do it ???

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2018, 03:16:01 PM

He can hit it both directions. Jack Nichlaus played with a false, not sure where this requirement to shape both directions comes from.

Plenty long enough too, you could say the same about Speith (Or Paddy H) but there is very little difference between them I'd argue.

If he can hit as many GIR per Texas and putt as well as he has, he will not be far away. Big if considering the last 3 weeks he's been through.

Gabriel_Hurl

First 2 rounds pairings are out - some tasty ones

Woods/Fleetwood/Leishman
Garcia/Thomas/Redman
Bubba/Stenson/Day
Mickelson/Fowler/Kuchar
Scott/McIlroy/Rahm
Spieth/Noren/Oosthuizen
Rose/Johnson/Cabrera Bello

Stall the Bailer

stephenite

Cheers.

Secret Tour Pro picked Willet and Garcia as winners for the past 2 tournaments. This year he's picked McIlroy.

mouview

Pondering Woods at 4/1 to miss cut. Maybe occasion will get to him....

Tony Baloney

Right lads let's get the picks up.

Milltown Row2

Bubba 16/1
Rose 14/1
Rory 11/1

And my 2 for each/way Fowler 25/1 and Kuchar 40/1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2018, 01:44:28 PM
Bubba 16/1
Rose 14/1
Rory 11/1

And my 2 for each/way Fowler 25/1 and Kuchar 40/1
Kuchar is my perennial e/w so thinking:

Rory for the win.

e/w:
Kuchar
Bubba
Casey
Rahm

Depending on how far down the pack I go maybe Poulter or Noren small e/w bets.