South Africa going the way of Zimbabwe

Started by thejuice, February 28, 2018, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/breaking-national-assembly-adopts-motion-on-land-expropriation-without-compensation-20180227

Something that has been simmering for years now appears to be coming to the fore in a nation, over 27 years since the end of apartheid and 8 years since hosting the World Cup, it looks like motions have been put in place by the government to forcefully dispossess white landowners after years of pressure from the quasi-communist EFF party.

Having got to know a number of Zimbabweans in my time who's family fled Mugabe and of course we are all pretty aware of the fate of that country as a result i think we might be at the moment where South Africa completely goes off the rails.

Despite the promises of the rainbow nation idea the welfare of its black citizens have barely improved and the murder rates have skyrocketed, white farmers and their staff have been brutally preyed upon with police turning a blind eye. The civil infrastructure is crumbling with failures in sewage, water and electricity networks repeatedly failing.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on February 28, 2018, 02:15:30 PM
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/breaking-national-assembly-adopts-motion-on-land-expropriation-without-compensation-20180227

Something that has been simmering for years now appears to be coming to the fore in a nation, over 27 years since the end of apartheid and 8 years since hosting the World Cup, it looks like motions have been put in place by the government to forcefully dispossess white landowners after years of pressure from the quasi-communist EFF party.

Having got to know a number of Zimbabweans in my time who's family fled Mugabe and of course we are all pretty aware of the fate of that country as a result i think we might be at the moment where South Africa completely goes off the rails.

Despite the promises of the rainbow nation idea the welfare of its black citizens have barely improved and the murder rates have skyrocketed, white farmers and their staff have been brutally preyed upon with police turning a blind eye. The civil infrastructure is crumbling with failures in sewage, water and electricity networks repeatedly failing.
The ANC has barely moved the dial on the state of the black underclass. Zuma was a kleptocrat.
SA has a better economic base than Zimbabwe had so maybe it won't go into a tailspin.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Ive a few friends that have fled South Africa as its a proper shithole, rape, murder being the biggest thing, no value for life, businesses going to the wall to keep equality.. Yes the Whites have a lot to answer for but should the North ever be part of a United Ireland do you think there would be the same level of crime against the previous 'landowners'?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2018, 02:26:17 PM
Ive a few friends that have fled South Africa as its a proper shithole, rape, murder being the biggest thing, no value for life, businesses going to the wall to keep equality.. Yes the Whites have a lot to answer for but should the North ever be part of a United Ireland do you think there would be the same level of crime against the previous 'landowners'?

I haven't been following it that closely because it's Katie Hopkins latest crusade but from the bits and pieces I've seen there does seem to be a real problem that previous sins are now being retributed!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2018, 02:41:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

I haven't been following it that closely because it's Katie Hopkins latest crusade but from the bits and pieces I've seen there does seem to be a real problem that previous sins are now being retributed!!

My mate ilive in Gordons Bay i think it called, great property buisness that he'd built up was from a working class background but worked very hard to have a decent life, all gone nothing left and nothing to go back too... But very respectful of what South Africa was about in terms of the hardships and the wrongs that went on but this wasnt something that was in his control and he said they all knew it was going to come down to this..

Lots of people leaving the place, and believe it or not a girl that was on a course with me, native south african, is heading back, better opportunities for her now!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

There was always this danger. Apartheid was all about white control, law and order. Black rule was/is in danger of becoming tribal and feudal, with a lot of self-interests rearing up. Badly in need of a unifying leader a-la Mandela.

Avondhu star

Quote from: mouview on February 28, 2018, 03:24:04 PM
There was always this danger. Apartheid was all about white control, law and order. Black rule was/is in danger of becoming tribal and feudal, with a lot of self-interests rearing up. Badly in need of a unifying leader a-la Mandela.

There was plenty of corruption in the Mandela camp too but the European Left won't accept that. Be it Cuba Venezuela Zimbabwe etc they will try and say that self rule justifies the corruption and abuse of human rights.
South Africa is slowly but surely going the same way.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you