Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Another penalty should do it.  ;D

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2020, 09:40:57 PM
Utds draw in Turkey has bit them in the ass

They lost in Turkey.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

The United penalty tonight should never have been given. It was not a foul. The Leipzig defender was also fouled in the build up. It didn't matter in the end as United couldn't find a third.

gallsman

Ole will come out with his usual bullshit now. Great effort, almost finished the fightback. They were as good as qualified after the first two matchdays and have fucked it in the bin completely. The third Leipzig was a real indictment of everything wrong with United at the minute. Pogba careless on the ball lost it initially and then Maguire and de Gea both expected each other to take care of it before Kluivert finished it.

The first United goal tonight was an absolutely ridiculous penalty that I don't even think Greenwood expected and how VAR didn't rule out the second I don't know. If that almost OG had gone in at the end it would have been an absolute travesty. United fans really shouldn't have to accept this nonsense.

Helix.

Quote from: gallsman on December 08, 2020, 10:05:17 PM
Ole will come out with his usual bullshit now. Great effort, almost finished the fightback. They were as good as qualified after the first two matchdays and have fucked it in the bin completely. The third Leipzig was a real indictment of everything wrong with United at the minute. Pogba careless on the ball lost it initially and then Maguire and de Gea both expected each other to take care of it before Kluivert finished it.

The first United goal tonight was an absolutely ridiculous penalty that I don't even think Greenwood expected and how VAR didn't rule out the second I don't know. If that almost OG had gone in at the end it would have been an absolute travesty. United fans really shouldn't have to accept this nonsense.

Penalty was questionable alright. Started too slow and chasing the game. Game in Turkey came back to haunt them but too inconsistent over 6 games and deserved to be knocked out. Give Henderson starting role in Europa league. Criminal from De Gea and Maguire.

Cunny Funt

In the end 1 goal or 1 draw away from reaching the knock out stages. United of course have been down this road before, 2015 under Van Gaal with Wolfsburg knocking United out in round 6 and 2011 under Ferguson Basel sent United packing in round 6.

The 3rd RB leipzig goal summed up Uniteds night, I think their only attack of the half and to concede such a soft goal.

Hound

Ronaldo got a penalty tonight almost identical to Greenwood's one. Both poor decisions. Would definitely have been overruled by VAR in England. Also VAR in England would have taken longer over United's second goal and likely disallowed it for handball.

Scholes really ripped into De Gea for the third goal. 'Bottled it' 'afraid of getting hurt' 'made himself smaller'

gallsman

Hard to disagree with that commentary on De Gea. Depends on what was said between the two but Maguire had the chance to clear out an De Gea was shockingly slow off the line.

From the Bunker

Penalty was soft.

It gave Utd a lifeline from nowhere!

The thing is, there is the guts of a decent starting side there.

Just there is no dept of a squad.

Hence the erratic results!

Capt Pat

Self confessed United fan Kevin Doyle thought it was a definite peno on rte. Quinn and Delaney on virgin media were sure it wasn't a peno.

From the Bunker

De Gea actually turns his back on the shot for the last goal - Criminal!

Tony Baloney

Stuffed PSG and Leipzig and still can't qualify needing 4 points from 12? Impressive as I thought they had been awarded the trophy after the second match

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 08, 2020, 10:40:02 PM
De Gea actually turns his back on the shot for the last goal - Criminal!

Quote from: gallsman on December 08, 2020, 10:28:23 PM
Hard to disagree with that commentary on De Gea. Depends on what was said between the two but Maguire had the chance to clear out an De Gea was shockingly slow off the line.

NAG1

Disappointing result and performance last night but as we knew not wholly unexpected with the way the team go up and down even within a single game.

Let's not get anything twisted Leipzig are a decent side and with the extra man in MF in the first period it was men against boys in there.

I am confused with the 5 at the back though, is that not meant to make the team more solid at the back and give the ability to the wing back to get out wider and defend crosses. AWB was atrocious from minute one, have rarely seen a player at this level have less of a clue positionally. We know he can tackle, but positionally is so poor, attacking none existent.

Attacking options limited and does not help when Greenwood and Rashford continually give the ball away in promising areas against teams who want to hit on the break.

I wouldn't usually be one for listening too much to the pundits or ex-pros, however I thought the three on BT sport pretty much had it nailed on last night. There is no identity to the team, we dont know if they want to be a possession based side or if they want to hit on the counter, 5 at the back 4 at the back 3 at the back? Until there is a definitive system or style how do you sort recruitment?

More questions than answers again and unfortunately while it doesnt all come down to Ole, I am not sure that he is strong enough to answer them all and demand it from other sections in the club.